Zone1 Separation of Church and State?

Militant atheists are the greatest threat to liberty and freedom. Militant atheists believe in abolishing all religion.

Pro Tip: If you want to know the history of the bill of rights only applying to the federal government, then research the history of the bill of rights. That's the only way to learn history.
so SCOTUS has no right to rule on state laws that violate the BoRs??

And you think that changes history? Or is it that you think history never recorded the fact that the bill of rights was originally written only to apply to the federal government?

Wouldn't it make more sense to actually go and read up on what the history shows?

Do you know how to use google to ask questions and then select a reputable source to learn history?

Before or after incorporation?

Do you know what incorporation means?

Have you googled "incorporation of bill of rights?

Do you know that history? Do you know why they had to use incorporation? Are you dumber than a rock?

And you think that changes history? Or is it that you think history never recorded the fact that the bill of rights was originally written only to apply to the federal government?

Wouldn't it make more sense to actually go and read up on what the history shows?

Do you know how to use google to ask questions and then select a reputable source to learn history?
but you seem to think you know more than the rest of us,, so you should be able to dumb it down for us morons,,

but alas all you have is childish deflections,,

I don't know who the America's religious right is
You refuse to know. You have no intellectual curiosity beyond the walls of the Kingdom of God that protects you.

Self induced ignorance is still ignorance.

But it allows you to always be right.

but you seem to think you know more than the rest of us,, so you should be able to dumb it down for us morons,,

but alas all you have is childish deflections,,
Anyone can know this history. It's freaking history. It's been recorded. It takes no special skill to learn history.

Having an established religion performing some function in a state is not the same thing as a theocracy. England was never a theocracy, Denmark still has an established state religion, it isn't a theocracy, etc.
When the Pilgrims left for America in search of religious liberty, the Church of England was the only legal religion. That is what a theocracy is.

You refuse to know. You have no intellectual curiosity beyond the walls of the Kingdom of God that protects you.

Self induced ignorance is still ignorance.

But it allows you to always be right.
I refuse to accept your skewed and emotional premises. I think you are an overly emotional idiot.

Atheists do not believe in Nature's God,
Some atheists do not believe God reveals its essence to humans outside of sustaining the material world.

Jefferson was with atheists on that point.

There is no “will” of God for moral absolutes in Jefferson’s Rational Theism.

Jefferson is closer to Atheism than Catholicism is my point.

My source is Dr, D’Elia.

i. Separation of Church and State? 240817 {post•557}

NotfooledbyW Aug’25 Vsocas except by Dr. D’Elia: Everything he [jffrsn] ever wrote on Christianity was vitiated by his puerile understanding of the claims of Revelation and the Incarnation. Deep mysteries like the Trinity, Creation, Original Sin, the Immaculate Conception, the Atonement, the Resurrection, and the Real Presence of Christ he scorned as priestly frauds. nfbw 240817 Vsocas00557

Some atheists do not believe God reveals its essence to humans outside of sustaining the material world.

Jefferson was with atheists on that point.

There is no “will” of God for moral absolutes in Jefferson’s Rational Theism.

Jefferson is closer to Atheism than Catholicism is my point.

My source is Dr, D’Elia.

i. Separation of Church and State? 240817 {post•557}

NotfooledbyW Aug’25 Vsocas except by Dr. D’Elia: Everything he [jffrsn] ever wrote on Christianity was vitiated by his puerile understanding of the claims of Revelation and the Incarnation. Deep mysteries like the Trinity, Creation, Original Sin, the Immaculate Conception, the Atonement, the Resurrection, and the Real Presence of Christ he scorned as priestly frauds. nfbw 240817 Vsocas00557
Jefferson would have spit on atheists.

When the Pilgrims left for America in search of religious liberty, the Church of England was the only legal religion. That is what a theocracy is.

No, it isn't but you're determined to keep saying it, so go ahead.

The Church did not rule over England, the Royal Family and then Parliament did.

Militant atheists are the greatest threat to liberty and freedom. Militant atheists believe in abolishing all religion.

Jefferson would have spit on atheists.
You are a liar.

Jefferson would not spit on any person who used their mind in a rational way. That does include atheists.

He spit on organizations that promote servile weak minds such as the Catholic Church that corrupted simple human pure Deist moral teaching of Jesus of Nazareth.

4. Religion. Your reason is now mature enough to examine this object. In the first place, divest yourself of all bias in favor of novelty & singularity of opinion. Indulge them in any other subject rather than that of religion. It is too important, and the consequences of error may be too serious. On the other hand, shake off all the fears & servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear.

You are a liar.

Jefferson would not spit on any person who used their mind in a rational way. That does include atheists.

He spit on organizations that promote servile weak minds such as the Catholic Church that corrupted simple human pure Deist moral teaching of Jesus of Nazareth.

4. Religion. Your reason is now mature enough to examine this object. In the first place, divest yourself of all bias in favor of novelty & singularity of opinion. Indulge them in any other subject rather than that of religion. It is too important, and the consequences of error may be too serious. On the other hand, shake off all the fears & servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear.
Jefferson believed that natural rights are granted because we have a duty to the creator. He would have spit on atheists.

Forum List

Back