Sen Durban; Obam Will BORROW Congressional Power...

If a crooked administration has total support from the media it can "borrow" anything from your wallet to your civil rights and you won't notice it.

Video at the link.

The PJ Tatler » VIDEO ? Durbin: Obama Will ?Borrow? Power to Act on Immigration

Durbin: “Speaker Boehner, who’s refused to call this bipartisan measure out of the Senate, is critical of this president for using his authority to try to address the many challenges of immigration facing our nation, recalls that moment in history in my mind. We passed a bill after a lot of long, hard efforts and negotiation. It was a bill that had the support of business, of labor, of the faith community, all across the United States. It is a bill that really appeals to all of America because it solves an American challenge that still continues to this day. Despite his majority in the House of Representatives, Speaker Boehner refuses to call this bipartisan measure because he knows quite simply it would pass. and if it passes, it would begin to solve the problems of our broken immigration system. A year has gone by. I don’t know how much more time he thinks he needs, but I hope that Speaker Boehner will speak up today, and if he does not, the president will borrow the power that is needed to solve the problems of immigration, and he shouldn’t be sued as a result of it.”​

Now, Fakey, tell us how Durbin is being taken out of context.

I find no sites other than small, anti-Democratic ones, that report this, why wouldn't FoxNews have a story?

The Examiner:
Launched in 2008, Examiner.com is a dynamic entertainment, news and lifestyle network that serves more than 20 million monthly readers across the U.S. and around the world.​

Numerous other sites:

https://www.google.com/search?q="An...hrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=0&ie=UTF-8

Examiner is a biased, that noted, I will be in touch with MY Congress critters. EOs are to be used sparingly, it matters not who signed how many in the past. If Obama invents stories of WMDs "poised to strike" and "waiting on a mushroom cloud" in reference to New Zealand, that will be no better than what we heard 2002-2003 about Iraq. What holds true for one gander is good for the next.

I find no sites other than small, anti-Democratic ones, that report this, why wouldn't FoxNews have a story?

The Examiner:
Launched in 2008, Examiner.com is a dynamic entertainment, news and lifestyle network that serves more than 20 million monthly readers across the U.S. and around the world.​

Numerous other sites:

https://www.google.com/search?q="An...hrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=0&ie=UTF-8

Examiner is a biased, that noted, I will be in touch with MY Congress critters. EOs are to be used sparingly, it matters not who signed how many in the past. If Obama invents stories of WMDs "poised to strike" and "waiting on a mushroom cloud" in reference to New Zealand, that will be no better than what we heard 2002-2003 about Iraq. What holds true for one gander is good for the next.
It's not the number of EOs that matter; it's the constitutionality.
There are three basic ways in which Obama's behavior exceeds that of any his predecessors.

The first is that Obama is using executive orders and actions to alter his own legislation. It's one thing to claim that you are forced to act because Congress will not. It's quite another thing to re-write the law after Congress has done what you asked--and after you have offered, time and time again, to entertain formal amendments to the legislation. Obama has simply invoked executive authority to cover up his own errors. That's unprecedented.

The second way in which Obama's abuse of executive power is different is that he has done it to prevent the legislature from acting. It is now widely acknowledged that the president issued his "Dream Act by fiat" in 2012 not just because Congress wouldn't pass his version of immigration reform, but to outflank Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL), who was preparing his own version, embarrassing Obama among Latino voters. Such pettiness is rare.

The third way in which Obama's behavior is unusual is that he commands sweeping executive power on some issues while arguing, on other issues, that he has no power to act. The president's recent speech about the NSA surveillance programs is a prime example of such self-contradiction. There is no constitutional doctrine behind the president's executive orders, actions, and omissions: there is just pure, cynical political expediency.

A final note. Marcus, like other apologists for President Obama's power grabs, compares his actions to those of President Abraham Lincoln when he issued the Emancipation Proclamation. It is an absurd comparison, one chosen to flatter Obama's failing pseudo-heroic image. If anything, Obama's executive excesses tend to make us less free. He is not governing in the tradition of Lincoln, but that of Woodrow Wilson--and doing far worse.​

Wow, I must have missed this part of the Constitution, but despite looking for a good while, cant find it.

Where in the Constitution does it give the President the authority to borrow Congressional power?

Dick Durbin: Obama to 'borrow' Constitutional power to rule on immigration - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com

If House Republicans do not act on immigration in the way Barack Obama wants soon, then the president will simply "borrow" Congress' legislative powers and unilaterally rule on the issue, bypassing Congress once again, Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., said Thursday.

"I don't know how much more time he thinks he needs, but I hope that Speaker Boehner will speak up today," Durbin said. "And if he does not, the president will borrow the power that is needed to solve the problems of immigration."

Democrats have issued an ultimatum to Republicans in the House, telling them that if they do not do Obama's bidding on immigration by the end of July, the president will simply adopt the mantle of dictator and rule on his own.

The ideological libtard Democrats really want an Obama dictatorship.

Jim, you forgot this is King Obama we're talking about here. Now come on, bend over and grab your ankles, you must comply with King Obama's agenda and love every minute of it.

The Examiner:

Numerous other sites:

There are three basic ways in which Obama's behavior exceeds that of any his predecessors.

The first is that Obama is using executive orders and actions to alter his own legislation. It's one thing to claim that you are forced to act because Congress will not. It's quite another thing to re-write the law after Congress has done what you asked--and after you have offered, time and time again, to entertain formal amendments to the legislation. Obama has simply invoked executive authority to cover up his own errors. That's unprecedented.

The second way in which Obama's abuse of executive power is different is that he has done it to prevent the legislature from acting. It is now widely acknowledged that the president issued his "Dream Act by fiat" in 2012 not just because Congress wouldn't pass his version of immigration reform, but to outflank Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL), who was preparing his own version, embarrassing Obama among Latino voters. Such pettiness is rare.

The third way in which Obama's behavior is unusual is that he commands sweeping executive power on some issues while arguing, on other issues, that he has no power to act. The president's recent speech about the NSA surveillance programs is a prime example of such self-contradiction. There is no constitutional doctrine behind the president's executive orders, actions, and omissions: there is just pure, cynical political expediency.

A final note. Marcus, like other apologists for President Obama's power grabs, compares his actions to those of President Abraham Lincoln when he issued the Emancipation Proclamation. It is an absurd comparison, one chosen to flatter Obama's failing pseudo-heroic image. If anything, Obama's executive excesses tend to make us less free. He is not governing in the tradition of Lincoln, but that of Woodrow Wilson--and doing far worse.​

But where is the legal OPPOSITION? Congress has powers to bring this President back in line, so WHY don't they use those powers?

Honestly, Boehner is as much to blame for letting Obama get away with this as Obama himself.

Imagine a security guard who watches the thieves rob the store and he does nothing to stop them at all, and you get the picture about Boehner's complicity in all this.

But where is the legal OPPOSITION? Congress has powers to bring this President back in line, so WHY don't they use those powers?

Honestly, Boehner is as much to blame for letting Obama get away with this as Obama himself.

Imagine a security guard who watches the thieves rob the store and he does nothing to stop them at all, and you get the picture about Boehner's complicity in all this.
Indeed. The GOP has adopted the "go along to get along" approach, with the result that they've turned into the Democratic Party Lite.

The GOP needs to return to its conservative roots. We have one liberal party; we don't need two.

If a crooked administration has total support from the media it can "borrow" anything from your wallet to your civil rights and you won't notice it.

yep that and they have Citizens who sits back who say's and does nothing...
But when you do speak out, you get labeled extremist, domestic terrorist, the American Taliban not only by the people elected to REPRESNT you (democrat party) but by YOUR very own countrymen and women

Durbin: “Speaker Boehner, who’s refused to call this bipartisan measure out of the Senate, is critical of this president for using his authority to try to address the many challenges of immigration facing our nation, recalls that moment in history in my mind. We passed a bill after a lot of long, hard efforts and negotiation. It was a bill that had the support of business, of labor, of the faith community, all across the United States. It is a bill that really appeals to all of America because it solves an American challenge that still continues to this day. Despite his majority in the House of Representatives, Speaker Boehner refuses to call this bipartisan measure because he knows quite simply it would pass. and if it passes, it would begin to solve the problems of our broken immigration system. A year has gone by. I don’t know how much more time he thinks he needs, but I hope that Speaker Boehner will speak up today, and if he does not, the president will borrow the power that is needed to solve the problems of immigration, and he shouldn’t be sued as a result of it.”

Progressives love dictators

Durbin: “Speaker Boehner, who’s refused to call this bipartisan measure out of the Senate, is critical of this president for using his authority to try to address the many challenges of immigration facing our nation, recalls that moment in history in my mind. We passed a bill after a lot of long, hard efforts and negotiation. It was a bill that had the support of business, of labor, of the faith community, all across the United States. It is a bill that really appeals to all of America because it solves an American challenge that still continues to this day. Despite his majority in the House of Representatives, Speaker Boehner refuses to call this bipartisan measure because he knows quite simply it would pass. and if it passes, it would begin to solve the problems of our broken immigration system. A year has gone by. I don’t know how much more time he thinks he needs, but I hope that Speaker Boehner will speak up today, and if he does not, the president will borrow the power that is needed to solve the problems of immigration, and he shouldn’t be sued as a result of it.”

Progressives love dictators

The libtards, such as the New York Times, loved Stalin and lied to cover up his atrocities.

They lied about Mao and got funding for his Republican opposition cut and they had to retreat to Taiwan.

They lied about Castro and helped get him into power where he started slaughtering Cubans by the tens of thousands.

They have lied to protect and defend Chavez in Venezuela and one of the oldest democracies on the Americas is about dead now under the rule of a Marxist elite.

They celebrate Che Guevara despite that murderous villain's atrocities and racism.

Libtards love dictators, murderers and racists as long as they are LIBTARD dictators, murderers and racists.

We're getting closer to the time to lock and load in the streets. If the lefty scum insist on ruining the constitution of our great country, they will find they're going to have to fight for it.

Forum List

Back