Zone1 Separation of Church and State?

funny because that is what they relish most of all whether directly or using the congregational code they all live by ...

equal time for the politicians and atheists at the pulpit would resolve that issue with a healthy perspective and should be added to the 1st amendment.

or - as celibates fighting abortion rights to make everyone as miserable as they are has been working for centuries including their alternative horseplay as their example of religious freedom.
The stigma attached to needing to be a believer to serve in government, makes a mockery of your 1st. amendment.

Leave it the way it is or fix it. In truth, that's what your coming election is really all about.

Unfortunately, a solution will be avoided and perhaps the remedy will have to be found in your Second amendment.

Jesus responds to Pontius Pilate about the nature of his kingdom: "My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews.

But now (or 'as it is') my kingdom is not from the world" (John 18:36); i.e., his religious teachings were separate from earthly political activity. This reflects a traditional division in Christian thought by which state and church have separate spheres of influence.

This can be interpreted either a Catholic, or Thomist, way (Gelasian doctrine) or a Protestant, or Lockean, way (separation of church and state).

Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's" (Ἀπόδοτε οὖν τὰ Καίσαρος Καίσαρι καὶ τὰ τοῦ Θεοῦ τῷ Θεῷ).[1]

funny because that is what they relish most of all whether directly or using the congregational code they all live by ...

equal time for the politicians and atheists at the pulpit would resolve that issue with a healthy perspective and should be added to the 1st amendment.

or - as celibates fighting abortion rights to make everyone as miserable as they are has been working for centuries including their alternative horseplay as their example of religious freedom.
I'm sure you have no idea how ridiculous that sounds to a person who thinks critically and reasonably and that is sad.

The need for an abortion clashes with religion.
Sometime in the future in America the question will have to be settled in favour of science and medicine, in the courts.

Many Americans may feel the need to shoot their fellow Americans in the meantime, until America catches up to science.

Deaths and misery and mourning are 1st. amendment rights too.

Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's" (Ἀπόδοτε οὖν τὰ Καίσαρος Καίσαρι καὶ τὰ τοῦ Θεοῦ τῷ Θεῷ).[1]
Why would an American quote failure, in our modern world?

Jesus responds to Pontius Pilate about the nature of his kingdom: "My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews.

But now (or 'as it is') my kingdom is not from the world" (John 18:36); i.e., his religious teachings were separate from earthly political activity. This reflects a traditional division in Christian thought by which state and church have separate spheres of influence.

This can be interpreted either a Catholic, or Thomist, way (Gelasian doctrine) or a Protestant, or Lockean, way (separation of church and state).
Responding to what I bolded of your post.

The only quarrel I would have is that there is no constitutional separation of church and state. They were seen as different things by the Founders but not mutually exclusive any more than Jesus saw God and Caesar as mutually exclusive. Jesus illustrated that one could be loyal to God and still pay the taxes that Caesar demanded.

The Founders intended that the Church not rule the people nor the State rule the people at the federal level, but both could peacefully co-exist and in doing so would benefit the people.

Forum List

Back