Zone1 Separation of Church and State?

Correct. It's merely a phrase Jefferson used in an essay or a letter, I forget which, and was never part of law.
He wrote a letter to some Baptists. It was shorthand phrase then (albeit exaggerated) and was indeed never a valid part of Constitutional law.

There is no Constitutional or American civil law bar to a person of any religion or faith from being involved in our government.

Re original intent there was no need to, since almost 99% of Colonists were Christians of one sect or another and they had no need to specify; the 2,500 or so Jews weren't significant enough to mention, and they were assimilated pretty well into the colonial culture and society, both in the northern colonies and the southern. The clause was taken from the Baptists, and was prompted by a well funded campaign by the Anglican Church trying to set itself up in the States as the same privileged sect it was in England.

Last edited:
Correct. It's merely a phrase Jefferson used in an essay or a letter, I forget which, and was never part of law.

" the government sanction of a religion was, in essence, a threat to religion.Who does not see,” he wrote, “that the same authority which can establish Christianity, in exclusion of all other Religions, may establish with the same ease any particular sect of Christians, in exclusion of all other Sects?” James Madison....

He wrote a letter to some Baptists. It was shorthand phrase then (albeit exaggerated) and was indeed never a valid part of Constitutional law.

Indeed, the Danbury Baptists in Connecticut. They were under harassment by the state govt. They had a an established state sect. puritans, also known as Congregationalists.

It didn't happen under Jefferson's Presidency but he provided some influence on the ongoing political battles there. Another case where it wasn't a Supreme Court ruling but the locals battling it out.

The words "separation of church and state" do not appear in the U.S. Constitution, but the concept is enshrined in the very first freedom guaranteed by the First Amendment: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion."

Oh my! Did I say something to offend your delicate ears? Mr obsessed daily over anal sex? Maybe you should come out already.. Be free! Let it all hang out! No one will persecute you, except you and everyone rich or poor, great or small, who sold their soul to trump for a pocket full of lies.

The term "Coming Out" is a shortened form of "coming out of the closet", which is a metaphor for revealing one's sexual orientation and/or transgender status. Coming Out is the process of recognizing, accepting and sharing with others one's sexual orientation and/or gender identity.

Oh my! Did I say something to offend your delicate ears? Mr obsessed daily over anal sex? Maybe you should come out already.. Be free! Let it all hang out! No one will persecute you, except you and everyone rich or poor, great or small, who sold their soul to trump for a pocket full of lies.

The term "Coming Out" is a shortened form of "coming out of the closet", which is a metaphor for revealing one's sexual orientation and/or transgender status. Coming Out is the process of recognizing, accepting and sharing with others one's sexual orientation and/or gender identity.
Does YOUR God condone men butt fucking men?

Is YOUR God Mr. Nimbus?
1724179042604.png

You mean my belief that when heat is circulated from the Atlantic to the Arctic the northern hemisphere deglaciates and the oceans and the atmosphere warm? Of course I believe that. I have 3 million years of empirical climate evidence for that.

liar ...

1724180008779.png

global warming due to asphalt jungle affect the desert dwellers relish as their accomplishment over nature - spare the world your new found - deglaciates, just sell it to the survivors of the titanic.

Does YOUR God condone men butt fucking men?]
Hypocrite much?

I think the amazing thing about you is you don't see how big of an asshole you really are when people don't agree with you.

You go out of your way to be an asshole.

:auiqs.jpg:

You behave like a spoiled child who doesn't get his way. You would really benefit from reading up on transactional analysis.

Learn to behave like an adult, not a spoiled child or demanding parent.

:cul2:

Is YOUR God Mr. Nimbus?
Ha ha. Very mature.

Why not settle this once and for all? You call on your trinity to do something that confirms its existence and I'll call on my God, the only living God in existence. Then lets see what happens.

My God, is God, so you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Last edited:
There are 24,000 written manuscripts which details the 40 miracles of Christ. And is confirmed by the behaviors of the early Christians and Apostles who acted like Christ performed 40 miracles.
I have never argued differently from that though Bible scholars might argue the number of manuscripts that we can identify.

how surprising, and you have located the archive of documents used to write the christian bible in the 4th century ... or any of those phony 24k you claim - that do not exist than shards in a desert cave abandoned long ago.

same as the tablets claimed etched in the heavens w/ commandments you force upon unsuspecting innocents to convert them to a life of servitude and denial they otherwise would happily live everafter without and never an opportunity missed.

did you also forget there is no mention of "freedom of religion" in the same document ... and is not part of law.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof ...

such as to placate desert dwellers who need their phony bible's, that's ok.

Forum List

Back