Serious Peace Talks? (!?!)

abu afak

ALLAH SNACKBAR!
Mar 3, 2006
Forgive my optimistic speculation even while I remain pessimistic.
Pessimistic because..
On one side you have TWO palestines, one genocidal.
On the other, Netanyahu who has been using his time to expand and consolidate more territory and clearly is not a peacenik.
But Netanyahu may have gotten all the land he thinks he can/won as much as he can win without making 'palestine' impossibly unviable. (forcing a 'one state' Israel doesn't want).

Both sides have Remarkably (tellingly?) and uncharacteristically been honoring Kerry's request for utter silence except thru 1 official spokesman.
Leaks sink ships among the partisan populace.

This Is somewhat good news no matter what side you're on, as there is no other possible solution than a negotiated 2 state solution.
That "Based on the 1967 borders", NOT to be confused with the Exact 1967 borders.
That is most likely:
Israel keeps [only] the heavily populated near-in settlements and trades a roughly equal amount of land to the new state. (I think this 'fact on the ground' is almost taken for granted now)
Jerusalem is the tough part.
-
abu afak/mbig
-

Last edited:
does anyone else find it ironic they release terrorists and murderers for peace talks?

seems stupid to me. I have ALWAYS supported israel but my god!
terrorists always seem to win now

And of course releasing terrorists as a precondition to talks taking place makes Israel look weak. It is not surprising then that the other side thinks it has the upper hand and make ridiculous demands.

A thousand terrorists were released from Israeli jails in exchange for the Hamas captured Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit. Some of those released terrorists went on to commit more offences against Israel, once they were freed.

Pessimistic because..
On the other, Netanyahu who has been using his time to expand and consolidate more territory and clearly is not a peacenik.

But Netanyahu may have gotten all the land he thinks he can/won as much as he can win without making 'palestine' impossibly unviable. (forcing a 'one state' Israel doesn't want).

Both sides have Remarkably (tellingly?) and uncharacteristically been honoring Kerry's request for utter silence except thru 1 official spokesman.

This Is somewhat good news no matter what side you're on, as there is no other possible solution than a negotiated 2 state solution.
That "Based on the 1967 borders", NOT to be confused with the Exact 1967 borders.
That is most likely:
Israel keeps [only] the heavily populated near-in settlements and trades a roughly equal amount of land to the new state. (I think this 'fact on the ground' is almost taken for granted now)
-
abu afak/mbig
-

Not to worry. There will be no serious peace talks. I just read where the only thing they agreed to yesterday was to begin formal peace talks in TWO WEEKS. Then in 2 weeks they will agree to the size and shape of the table they will sit at. It will take 6 months to come to an agreement on that. In the meantime, Hamas will be doing everything they can to derail them. This is just another dog and pony show.

Last edited:
yep! heard obama talked him into it. well, actually heard made him. either way that makes thwm look even weaker.. I hope its all bullshit and Net throws.them a big FU :)

does anyone else find it ironic they release terrorists and murderers for peace talks?
These people agree with you.

Members of the United States Congress have expressed their objection to Israel’s decision to release 104 terrorist murderers as a gesture to the Palestinian Authority so that it would restart peace talks with Israel.

The Congress members have been meeting with leaders of the Shomron (Samaria) Regional Council, who in recent weeks have answered Secretary of State John Kerry’s pressure to restart talks with a campaign of their own in Washington, D.C.

Samaria leaders established their own Foreign Ministry earlier this year after realizing that other groups were not going to take the lead in promoting Israeli communities in the region.

Congress Against Israel Releasing Terrorists - News from America - News - Israel National News

Pessimistic because..

That is most likely:
-
abu afak/mbig
-

I agree that Jerusalem will be the tough part. Israel may agree to give up land but God forbid they give up East Jerusalem. Not to worry. The arabs will settle for everything or nothing as usual.

Pessimistic because..

That is most likely:
-
abu afak/mbig
-

I agree that Jerusalem will be the tough part. Israel may agree to give up land but God forbid they give up East Jerusalem. Not to worry. The arabs will settle for everything or nothing as usual.

The arabs will settle for nothing, but then want everything, as usual.

Like the term "Screwing for virginity"?
Young lady, you're picking up all the bad words from Roudy and Toastman. Be more careful.

Sorry
42.gif

Charlie Rose show panel.
John Kerry's Middle East Peace Initiative with Aaron David Miller, Dennis Ross, US envoy to the Middle East, Ziad Asali and Shibley Telhami.
7/24/13

Charlie Rose | charlierose.com

-

Last edited:

Forum List

Back