Settled science: liberals more closed-minded and intolerant than conservatives

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats
Aug 23, 2011
this should surprise no one, we are dealing with people that think Ronald Reagan's campaign slogan is racist just because ORANGE MAN BAD

Settled Science: Liberals More Closed-Minded and Intolerant Than Conservatives

The conventional wisdom is that conservatives are closed-minded, only listen to Fox News and Rush Limbaugh, and are intolerant. There’s some very dodgy, but popular (with the left) social science that purports to back up this convenient narrative.

While repeating some of the commonplace claims, the authors however find:

It is plausible that liberals are more likely to embrace cross- cutting ideas than conservatives, however, several studies found that liberals are more likely to block, unfriend, or hide contacts because of polarizing messages. Colleoni et al. (2014) argued that online networks of Democrats are actually more homogeneous than those of Republicans. Even though liberals are known as open-minded to political information, such results suggest plausible evidence for liberals to unfriend others to achieve a homogeneous space. . .

this should surprise no one, we are dealing with people that think Ronald Reagan's campaign slogan is racist just because ORANGE MAN BAD

The conventional wisdom is that conservatives are closed-minded, only listen to Fox News and Rush Limbaugh, and are intolerant. There’s some very dodgy, but popular (with the left) social science that purports to back up this convenient narrative.

It is plausible that liberals are more likely to embrace cross- cutting ideas than conservatives, however, several studies found that liberals are more likely to block, unfriend, or hide contacts because of polarizing messages. Colleoni et al. (2014) argued that online networks of Democrats are actually more homogeneous than those of Republicans. Even though liberals are known as open-minded to political information, such results suggest plausible evidence for liberals to unfriend others to achieve a homogeneous space. . .

I agree.

But in the past month I have had a brisk wake up call from some really closed minded and intolerant Conservatives who have pissed me off so much that I was prompted to think of them as the enemy.

SMH

Anytime you see the words "settled science" you know that what follows is total bullshit.

I agree.

But in the past month I have had a brisk wake up call from some really closed minded and intolerant Conservatives who have pissed me off so much that I was prompted to think of them as the enemy.

SMH

Same.

Sadly, they do not care.
Of course liberals are more easily offended and far more "unhinged" in their ranks.
Just the fact Fox online allows comments on all their articles and CNN wouldn't dare, speaks volumes.
Nor does MSN.com or MSNBC (all videos --- yawn) and the major networks ABC, etc., no one bothers with.

Forum List

Back