Sexual Freedom and Atheism

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
Do sexual deviants lean toward an atheistic belief system?

Do people with normal sexual restraints lean towards a theistic belief system?

It would be interesting to see an atheistic movement that mandated sexual behavior which excluded homosexuality, adultery and pre-marital sex. Would people with tame sexual appetites even have an interest in exploring an atheistic philosophy?

I am an atheist that firmly believes that a sexual ethical code that only allows sex within a monogamous heterosexual relationship is superior to other lifestyles of sexual expression. I feel like I am in the minority of atheists.

Is there a connection between sexual deviants and atheism or is this just my imagination?

You're probably right. Atheists are more likely to be liberals and sexual deviants and other such things. Make of that what you will.

I am an atheist that firmly believes that a sexual ethical code that only allows sex within a monogamous heterosexual relationship is superior to other lifestyles of sexual expression.
Why do you believe that?

Maybe atheists are more interested in facts and evidence rather than beliefs.

Why do you believe that?

It's just my observation. Atheist are more interested in sexual freedom than facts, evidence or beliefs combined. I'm just checking to see if others have made the same observation.

Why do you believe that?

It's just my observation. Atheist are more interested in sexual freedom than facts, evidence or beliefs combined. I'm just checking to see if others have made the same observation.

It's been my experience that those who judge the sexual preferences of consenting adults as deviant have that perception because of an existing perversion in their own minds.

I am an atheist that firmly believes that a sexual ethical code that only allows sex within a monogamous heterosexual relationship is superior to other lifestyles of sexual expression.

Why do you believe that?

The way sexually transmitted diseases are spread has drawn me to that conclusion. The difficulty of children adjusting to broken homes has lead me to that conclusion. Thousands of books have been written on how kids should deal with divorced parents. Not one single book has been written to help kids deal with married parents.

Condoms do not prevent the spread of STD's. Condoms reduce the spread of STD's. How many people between the ages of 15-44 have an STD? That's a fact worth studying.

I have also come to the conclusion that skydiving is more dangerous than not skydiving. Sex is a powerful thing that can cause problems outside of torturing children or catching an STD.

Why do you think pre-marital sex is safer than abstinence until marriage? Why do you conclude that adultery is safer than remaining faithful to your spouse? Why do you think that anal sex is equally safe as vaginal sex? Don't use the Bible. Use a valid source to explain to me why pre-marital sex, adultery and anal sex are superior to the opposite choice. I frankly call BS to anybody who says they believe that. Fun is a valid explanation but it doesn't impress me. That's all. The desire for sexual freedom seems to prompt the desire to promote an atheistic belief system. That's what I have noticed. You could have observed sexual purity as a primary motivator of an atheistic belief system. Just let me know what you have observed.

Last edited:
It's been my experience that those who judge the sexual preferences of consenting adults as deviant have that perception because of an existing perversion in their own minds.

What does deviant mean as a mathematical expression? I was referencing deviancy as a behavior not a thought pattern. Every male and most females have a desire to engage multiple sex partners. Nice try though.

Why do you believe that?

The way sexually transmitted diseases are spread has drawn me to that conclusion. The difficulty of children adjusting to broken homes has lead me to that conclusion. Thousands of books have been written on how kids should deal with divorced parents. Not one single book has been written to help kids deal with married parents.

Condoms do not prevent the spread of STD's. Condoms reduce the spread of STD's. How many people between the ages of 15-44 have an STD? That's a fact worth studying.

I have also come to the conclusion that skydiving is more dangerous than not skydiving. Sex is a powerful thing that can cause problems outside of torturing children or catching an STD.

Why do you think pre-marital sex is safer than abstinence until marriage? Why do you conclude that adultery is safer than remaining faithful to your spouse? Why do you think that anal sex is equally safe as vaginal sex? Don't use the Bible. Use a valid source to explain to me why pre-marital sex, adultery and anal sex are super to the opposite choice. Fun is a valid explanation but it doesn't impress me. That's all. The desire for sexual freedom seems to prompt the desire to promote an atheistic belief system. That's what I have noticed. You could have observed sexual purity as a primary motivator of an atheistic belief system. Just let me know what you have observed.
Sex, like every other "powerful thing", can be done responsibly or irresponsibly. Anal sex is no more dangerous than any other kind if done in a responsible manor. If it is coupled with multiple partners that use no protection it will likely prove to be dangerous but the same can be said of any other type of sex.

Broken marriages are bad but have no connection to sex. Gays and lesbians that raise kids have perfectly normal children, or at least equal to straight couples.

It is people acting irresponsibly that is the problem here.

Sex, like every other "powerful thing", can be done responsibly or irresponsibly. Anal sex is no more dangerous than any other kind if done in a responsible manor. If it is coupled with multiple partners that use no protection it will likely prove to be dangerous but the same can be said of any other type of sex.

Broken marriages are bad but have no connection to sex. Gays and lesbians that raise kids have perfectly normal children, or at least equal to straight couples.

Are you an atheist/agnostic or some type of deist?

Are you an atheist/agnostic or some type of deist?
I'm not sure why it matters to this issue but I'm an atheist/agnostic. I don't know if there is some sort of a creator or not but I know there is no Biblical God.

It would be interesting to see an atheistic movement that mandated sexual behavior which excluded homosexuality, adultery and pre-marital sex. Would people with tame sexual appetites even have an interest in exploring an atheistic philosophy?

I am an atheist that firmly believes that a sexual ethical code that only allows sex within a monogamous heterosexual relationship is superior to other lifestyles of sexual expression. I feel like I am in the minority of atheists.

Is there a connection between sexual deviants and atheism or is this just my imagination?

So essentially you are agreeing with the Biblical stand on sex but denying the power thereof.

Nice.

Broken marriages are bad but have no connection to sex.

:confused-84: I'm sorry. I think we live on different planets.
Marriages break up for many reasons and I'd say sex being only a minor cause.

I think it is usually over money......as with most other things

Middle age men wreck their wife's finances all the time so that she will divorce him. That leaves him free to have sex with all kinds of honeys. Men start panicking at a certain age when they think they are very close to becoming too old to chase hot honeys.

So essentially you are agreeing with the Biblical stand on sex but denying the power thereof.

Nice.

Pretty much. There is an exception that I didn't want to mention in my opening post. I think a monogamous homosexual relationship between two females is probably safer than a monogamous heterosexual relationship.

What does deviant mean as a mathematical expression? I was referencing deviancy as a behavior not a thought pattern. Every male and most females have a desire to engage multiple sex partners. Nice try though.

That was not a very coherent response.

Would you like to try again?

Middle age men wreck their wife's finances all the time so that she will divorce him. That leaves him free to have sex with all kinds of honeys. Men start panicking at a certain age when they think they are very close to becoming too old to chase hot honeys.
Are you speaking from personal experience or just making stuff up? I'm sure you could find examples of such behavior but I doubt it is very common.

Are you speaking from personal experience or just making stuff up? I'm sure you could find examples of such behavior but I doubt it is very common.

He seems to be struggling with the situation he has found himself trapped in. He is surrounded by Christians and says he's an atheist yet professes a religious perspective on morality. His talk about multiple sexual partners and chasing "hot honeys" makes it seem like he secretly wants to pursue what he has been persuaded to believe is deviant but lacks the 'faith'..

Sounds like quite the dilemma.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back