Share your direct links to 9/11....

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
14 years ago today when 9/11 occurred I was working for a company that handled network connectivity through AT&T.
In my position I was advised of network status via emails and here is the email I received that was about a network router located in one of the WTC buildings that went down.
The South Tower collapsed at 9:59 am, less than an hour after being hit by the hijacked airliner, and at 10:28 am the North Tower.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
XXXX @ us.ibm.com on 09/11/2001 10:34:19 AM

To:
cc:
Subject: ** Note from AT&T XXX Communications **

PROBLEM: 16604784 WAS OPENED

ACCT#: XXXX

AT PRIO: 1
ON 09/11/01 AT 10:32
DESC/1:

-NODE DOWN EMPISTAT WITH IP ADDRESS: NN.NN.N.NN

CALLBACK#:

-------------------------------------

That was my direct experience. I've kept that email as my direct link.
I am sure that some of you had even more dramatic and more impactful memories than the above.

I would like you if you can to share your direct experiences in remembrance of the worst attack on
USA soil in history.

Check out this link to see what a MASSIVE gigantic event 9/11 was to not only the economy but our entire way of life!

Economic
Main article: Economic effects arising from the September 11 attacks

As shown in this table, the 9/11 attacks had a major effect on the economy of New York City (in red), compared to the United States' economy overall (in blue).
The attacks had a significant economic impact on United States and world markets.[249] The stock exchanges did not open on September 11 and remained closed until September 17. Reopening, the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) fell 684 points, or 7.1%, to 8921, a record-setting one-day point decline.[250] By the end of the week, the DJIA had fallen 1,369.7 points (14.3%), at the time its largest one-week point drop in history.[251] In 2001 dollars, U.S. stocks lost $1.4 trillion in valuation for the week.[251]

In New York City, about 430,000 job-months and $2.8 billion dollars in wages were lost in the three months after the attacks. The economic effects were mainly on the economy's export sectors.[252] The city's GDP was estimated to have declined by $27.3 billion for the last three months of 2001 and all of 2002. The U.S. government provided $11.2 billion in immediate assistance to the Government of New York City in September 2001, and $10.5 billion in early 2002 for economic development and infrastructure needs.[253] Also hurt were small businesses in Lower Manhattan near the World Trade Center, 18,000 of which were destroyed or displaced, resulting in lost jobs and their consequent wages. Assistance was provided by Small Business Administration loans, federal government Community Development Block Grants, and Economic Injury Disaster Loans.[253] Some 31,900,000 square feet (2,960,000 m2) of Lower Manhattan office space was damaged or destroyed.[254] Many wondered whether these jobs would return, and if the damaged tax base would recover.[255] Studies of the economic effects of 9/11 show the Manhattan office real-estate market and office employment were less affected than first feared, because of the financial services industry's need for face-to-face interaction.[256][257]

North American air space was closed for several days after the attacks and air travel decreased upon its reopening, leading to a nearly 20% cutback in air travel capacity, and exacerbating financial problems in the struggling U.S. airline industry.[258]

The September 11 attacks also led to the U.S. wars in Afghanistan and Iraq,[259] as well as additional homeland security spending, totaling at least $5 trillion.[260]

September 11 attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When I saw those building come down my first thought was that those buildings cannot collapse like that. It can't happen.

I don't have any direct links. The only thing that I can share is that my aunt who is retired now was at her job that day in Arlington, Virginia and she could see from the window of her building the smoke coming from the Pentagon.

God bless you and her and every impacted family always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back