shock to environmentalists as Vermont GOP Gov vetoes bill creating clean heat standard for the state by reducing fossil fuel use & weatherizing homes

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Phil Scott, Be Mine: No Fossil Fuel Money! Vermont has never had a progressive governor and that needs to change

I wonder if they have the votes to override his veto. I hope they don't.

This guy is setting himself up to run for Bernie's Senate seat.

Meh. He's still what you would expect from Vermont these days, just a little saner that's all.

Scott said in his veto message on Friday that the legislation does not include details on the costs and impacts, which he said he has repeatedly asked the Legislature to include.

“I understand the importance of reducing greenhouse gas emissions, which is why I proposed a $216 million dollar climate package and why my administration has engaged in this policy conversation since January," he said in a statement.[/b]

The "fossil fuel" buzzword is such BS. Coal, Natural Gas, etc. which are essential to create heat, electricity, etc., are not the result of dinosaur carcasses. And it is cleaner than Sandy Cortez's colon with modern technology. If there was a "greenhouse" effect actually happening, Vermont would not need to insulate houses with tons of dangerous fiberglass and worry about heating them.

Forum List

Back