"Shocked And Outraged": 4 Broward Deputies Waited Outside School As Kids Were Massacred...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
And how about that 'Resource Officer' who ran and hid? What good is it having a Police Officer permanently stationed at a school, if he or she will only run & hide when you need them the most? The 'Resource Officer' did not do his job. And neither did the other officers who waited outside and did nothing. My strong advice to parents would be to avoid sending your children into the Government School nightmare, if at all possible. Don't gamble with your child's life.

Coral Springs police officers were “stunned and upset” to learn that four Broward County Sheriff’s Deputies were stationed outside the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School and had not entered to face an active shooter, sources with the Coral Springs, FL police department told CNN.

As the details behind the Police response to the Valentines Day massacre emerge, it appears that the Coral Springs Police department – which sent 130 officers to the scene – put their lives on the line while Broward County officers simply waited for backup as the scene unfolded, in what some Coral Springs officials perceived to be a derilection of duty.

The four Broward Sheriff’s deputies, including fired High School Resource Officer Scot Peterson, had their pistols drawn from behind the safety of their vehicles, and “not one of them had gone into the school,” according to shocked Coral Springs police.

The Coral Springs officers, meanwhile, entered the building soon after they arrived on scene to confront the shooter, while the four Broward County Sheriff’s deputies remained outside until two more officers arrived on scene along with an officer from neighboring Sunrise city...

More:
Four Broward Deputies Waited Outside School - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com
Zero Hedge | On a long enough timeline the survival rate for everyone drops to zero

Speaking about Parkland 'Resource Officer Scot Peterson, County Superintendent Robert Runcie said, “I’m in shock and I’m outraged to no end that he could have made a difference in all this.It’s really disturbing that we had a law enforcement individual there specifically for this reason, and he did not engage. He did not do his job. It’s one of the most unbelievable things I’ve ever heard.”...

Four Broward Deputies Waited Outside School - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

at this point i don't know if we have 4 crappy deputies or 1 amazingly crappy sheriff who doled out this policy to his deputies. either way - dig in and let heads roll where they may.

what amazes me even more...wait, no it doesn't, is that the left on ANYTHING to be done that isn't BAN THE ARWHATEVERTHEHELLITIS they come up with reasons why any form of compromise won't be had then scream BUT WE'RE NOT COMING FOR *ALL* YOUR GUNS JUST THE ONES WE DON'T LIKE which is usually all of 'em.

now we're using bullet speed to excuse the deputies and getting the kids involved in all this to be a part of the politics vs let them grieve and learn on their own.

at this point i don't know if we have 4 crappy deputies or 1 amazingly crappy sheriff who doled out this policy to his deputies. either way - dig in and let heads roll where they may.

what amazes me even more...wait, no it doesn't, is that the left on ANYTHING to be done that isn't BAN THE ARWHATEVERTHEHELLITIS they come up with reasons why any form of compromise won't be had then scream BUT WE'RE NOT COMING FOR *ALL* YOUR GUNS JUST THE ONES WE DON'T LIKE which is usually all of 'em.

now we're doing bullet speed to excuse the deputies and getting the kids involved in all this to be a part of the politics vs let them grieve and learn on their own.

This particular school had a 'Resource Officer' permanently stationed there. Many schools have them. But what good did it serve the poor kids? When they needed him most, he ran and hid. I've concluded these 'Resource Officers' are only there to harass and make minor B.S. drug busts on the kids. They're basically useless.

now we're doing bullet speed to excuse the deputies and getting the kids involved in all this to be a part of the politics vs let them grieve and learn on their own.

This particular school had a 'Resource Officer' permanently stationed there. Many schools have them. But what good did it serve the poor kids? When they needed him most, he ran and hid. I've concluded these 'Resource Officers' are only there to harass and make minor B.S. drug busts on the kids. They're basically useless.
what good did trained officers of the law do them in this instance? we're so busy demanding one side is right and the other wrong that we've killed off any form of trust between us and fight any effort to slow this down.

i don't believe in teachers being used as weapons. it just seems to me that for every good situation that can come out of it, just as many bad can follow.

i do believe that police substations that are offset by hired vets to help guard out schools is a positive step.

i do believe we need to minimize getting into a school. how many entry ways do they have and how do we guard them all? create a central entry to schools and double-wall them and protect the hell out of those walls. if a shooter comes in that way let them in 1 door and close it, locking them in bulletproof glass. with any luck they'll fire off a couple of shots trying to get out and end the problem there for us all.

i do believe we need to update background checks and require states to work together on their lists of who is banned from buying a gun.

i do believe our military needs to be ensure that any info on discharges is a part of said vets record and can't be removed, at least easily. we've seen dishonorable discharges not show up and what's the point of putting info on someones record if it doesn't factor into the check.

i do believe we can make a difference but too many people refuse to do anything at all because it's not what THEY feel needs to be done. so we stalemate and wait around for the next shooting and gear it up all over again.

what good did trained officers of the law do them in this instance? we're so busy demanding one side is right and the other wrong that we've killed off any form of trust between us and fight any effort to slow this down.

i don't believe in teachers being used as weapons. it just seems to me that for every good situation that can come out of it, just as many bad can follow.

i do believe that police substations that are offset by hired vets to help guard out schools is a positive step.

i do believe we need to minimize getting into a school. how many entry ways do they have and how do we guard them all? create a central entry to schools and double-wall them and protect the hell out of those walls. if a shooter comes in that way let them in 1 door and close it, locking them in bulletproof glass. with any luck they'll fire off a couple of shots trying to get out and end the problem there for us all.

i do believe we need to update background checks and require states to work together on their lists of who is banned from buying a gun.

i do believe our military needs to be ensure that any info on discharges is a part of said vets record and can't be removed, at least easily. we've seen dishonorable discharges not show up and what's the point of putting info on someones record if it doesn't factor into the check.

i do believe we can make a difference but too many people refuse to do anything at all because it's not what THEY feel needs to be done. so we stalemate and wait around for the next shooting and gear it up all over again.

I hear ya somewhat, but what good is a Police Officer permanently stationed at a school, if they run & hide when the kids need them most? What's their purpose? In my opinion, their sole purpose should be to protect the children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back