Shooting at Dollar General

Not many are going to cover it, because when you live in a gun fetish society, neither a thug pushing people around with a gun nor another guy who shoots him are unusual occurrences.

That's the price of gun culture. When you live in a continental war zone you get desensitized.

Gun fetish?

Then I guess all of our other Constitutional Amendments are a fetish also.

And how would that be possible? A fetish requires an object. A Constitutional Amendment is a concept. I haven't brought up the Constitution, nor has anyone else.

Our gun fetish is not related to our Constitution. It derives from culture. That's exactly why I term it "gun culture", which was kind of intended as a clue.

Constitution means laws; culture means values. This is about the latter.

Do you enjoy demonstrating your ignorance? First, fetishes are tied to objects and/or situations, like being naked in public. Second, the Constitution is an actual object that is on display in Washington DC. Third, the only concept you spoke about is culture. Ergo, you just argued that your gun fetish isn't real because it comes from a concept.

102707-004-9926EA1E.jpg

Do you have anything else to say that is incredibly stupid?

Last edited:
We are returning to the wild west era. Cool.
Old people need to start packin' due to very young people thinking real life is a video game and killing said old people.
Regular Joes and Janes need to start packin', just in case an older or younger Joe and Jane decides things are in their favor because they have a gun but it turns out...so does everyone else. Kinda like that scene on Predator 2 when they were in the subways....thugs pull a gun on a guy trying to read his newspaper, then thug looks up and everyone in the car has gunS aimed at the thug.
Delish scenario, lol.

Around here in my neck of the woods, it's pretty sleepy. But 13 miles inland? Different story. 30 miles south? Dangerous different story. My 38 special goes with me. The magnum stays home cuz it's too big to fit in my purse.

And everyone should do the same thing. Especially nowadays.

So yeah. That guy IS a hero cuz once they were all packed in the back room...nothing was stopping the perp from killing them all.

btw...I have a fetish. It involves the value of my life or someone elses life that is threatened by someone else with a kill fetish.

Gracie at least gets what I'm talking about, though there's absolutely nothing "cool" or "delish" about it.

What's described is a sick society. Not something to perpetuate or be proud of.

Are you feeling inadequate again? Have you tried getting a bigger gun?

600px-Batman-JokerRevolver2.JPG

Gun fetish?

Then I guess all of our other Constitutional Amendments are a fetish also.

And how would that be possible? A fetish requires an object. A Constitutional Amendment is a concept. I haven't brought up the Constitution, nor has anyone else.

Our gun fetish is not related to our Constitution. It derives from culture. That's exactly why I term it "gun culture", which was kind of intended as a clue.

Do you enjoy demonstrating your ignorance? First, fetishes are tied to objects and/or situations, like being naked in public. Secon, the Constitution is an actual object that is on display in Washington DC.

102707-004-9926EA1E.jpg

I sure can't compete for The Stupid with what you just did ^^ here.

Connection between anything I posted at all here and the Constitution of this or any other country?

:dunno:

Oh look, time for you to run and hide again. Time flies when you're making shit up.

Thanks LoneLaugher, at least you get it.

Last edited:
Old people need to start packin' due to very young people thinking real life is a video game and killing said old people.
Regular Joes and Janes need to start packin', just in case an older or younger Joe and Jane decides things are in their favor because they have a gun but it turns out...so does everyone else. Kinda like that scene on Predator 2 when they were in the subways....thugs pull a gun on a guy trying to read his newspaper, then thug looks up and everyone in the car has gunS aimed at the thug.
Delish scenario, lol.

Around here in my neck of the woods, it's pretty sleepy. But 13 miles inland? Different story. 30 miles south? Dangerous different story. My 38 special goes with me. The magnum stays home cuz it's too big to fit in my purse.

So yeah. That guy IS a hero cuz once they were all packed in the back room...nothing was stopping the perp from killing them all.

btw...I have a fetish. It involves the value of my life or someone elses life that is threatened by someone else with a kill fetish.

Gracie at least gets what I'm talking about, though there's absolutely nothing "cool" or "delish" about it.

Are you feeling inadequate again? Have you tried getting a bigger gun?

-- not a response, is it?

One day I was in the city of Limerick, Ireland, reading the local newspaper. It was going through a great deal of angst over a recent gun murder, lamenting that it was the 33rd murder so far.

That's for the whole year (this was in August).

And not for the city of Limerick, but for the entire country.

I remember reflecting that hell, the city where I live exceeded that number in a single month. New Orleans alone has five times that many so far already this year.

That's the difference between a society with a gun culture and one without one. And none of it has anything to do with anybody's Constitution.

Is lying your only course of action? According to the Central Statistics Office there hasn't been a year with less than 66 homicides in Ireland.

http://www.cso.ie/Quicktables/GetQu...me=Homicide+Offences&StatisticalProduct=DB_CJ

One day I was in the city of Limerick, Ireland, reading the local newspaper. It was going through a great deal of angst over a recent gun murder, lamenting that it was the 33rd murder so far.

I remember reflecting that hell, the city where I live exceeded that number in a single month. New Orleans alone has five times that many so far already this year.

That's the difference between a society with a gun culture and one without one. And none of it has anything to do with anybody's Constitution.

Is lying your only course of action? According to the Central Statistics Office there hasn't been a year with less than 66 homicides in Ireland.

CSO QuickTables - CJA01 - Homicide Offences

Is illiteracy yours? It says right in my post that I was reading this paper in the month of August. And I didn't mention the year (which was 1996, which your table doesn't even cover). Read much?

It's far more telling that you went to all the trouble to look up Irish homicide statistics to try to undermine the point, which has nothing to do with homicide statistics, just to get the spotlight off the inconvenient. Far more telling than simple illiteracy.

Last edited:
Not many are going to cover it, because when you live in a gun fetish society, neither a thug pushing people around with a gun nor another guy who shoots him are unusual occurrences.

That's the price of gun culture. When you live in a continental war zone you get desensitized.

By that logic, we should never here about school shootings.

And we are getting to that point, you know.

Do you enjoy demonstrating your ignorance? First, fetishes are tied to objects and/or situations, like being naked in public. Secon, the Constitution is an actual object that is on display in Washington DC.

102707-004-9926EA1E.jpg

I sure can't compete for The Stupid with what you just did ^^ here.

Connection between anything I posted at all here and the Constitution of this or any other country?

:dunno:

Oh look, time for you to run and hide again. Time flies when you're making shit up.

Thanks LoneLaugher, at least you get it.

Other than your misunderstanding of what a fetish is?

Delish scenario, lol.

Gotta roll with the time, Pogo. Wringing our hands while we are sucker punched to see if we (old people) can be knocked out.....trailer trash bimbos attacking us because they are drunk on a bus....robbed....tripped....poked...shot...beaten....won't solve anything. Being armed WILL. The world sucks and it will get suckier. I aim to be armed to protect myself and those I love. And I didn't perpetuate it. Todays society did.

Is illiteracy yours? It says right in my post that I was reading this paper in the month of August. And I didn't mention the year (which was 1996, which your table doesn't even cover). Read much?

It's far more telling that you went to all the trouble to look up Irish homicide statistics to try to undermine the point, which has nothing to do with homicide statistics, just to get the spotlight off the inconvenient. Far more telling than simple illiteracy.

Let me see if I understand your point.

The homicide rate has gone up in Ireland where they have strict gun control laws, while the homicide rate here has gone down and we don't, so that proves we need tougher gun control laws.

Did I miss something?

Last edited:

By that logic, we should never here about school shootings.

And we are getting to that point, you know.

If you believe that you must have been asleep last year.

And how would that be possible? A fetish requires an object. A Constitutional Amendment is a concept.

That was an idiotic rationalization. A printing press is an object. Does that mean we have a press fetish?

Yeah because something being an object automatically means it's a fetish.

Idiot.

That's your premise, not mine.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The homicide rate has gone up in Ireland where they have strict gun control laws, while the homicide rate here has gone down and we don't, so that proves we need tougher gun control laws.

Did I miss something?

Yeah. The entire point completely.
Other than that, not much.

I don't have a clue what Ireland's gun control laws are or were then. That's entirely irrelevant.

I see you're still obsessed with trying to change a point that has zero to do with laws, into a point that somehow has something to do with laws.

Get that looked at.

Last edited:
That was an idiotic rationalization. A printing press is an object. Does that mean we have a press fetish?

Yeah because something being an object automatically means it's a fetish.

Idiot.

That's your premise, not mine.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It IS your premise. I didn't bring up printing presses. I didn't bring up the Constitution. I didn't bring up laws and while we're at it I didn't bring up ice cream sandwiches, Oldsmobile taillight lenses or antique vacuum cleaner attachments.

Sent from the office of Captain Obvious using common sense.

Delish scenario, lol.

Gotta roll with the time, Pogo. Wringing our hands while we are sucker punched to see if we (old people) can be knocked out.....trailer trash bimbos attacking us because they are drunk on a bus....robbed....tripped....poked...shot...beaten....won't solve anything. Being armed WILL. The world sucks and it will get suckier. I aim to be armed to protect myself and those I love. And I didn't perpetuate it. Todays society did.

We're observing the same thing, Gracie. Where we differ is that it's "cool" or "delish" to live in a sick place like this. Obviously it isn't, and we don't extinguish that flame by adding fuel to it. Rhetorical fuel I mean.

Did I miss something?

Yeah. The entire point completely.
Other than that, not much.

I don't have a clue what Ireland's gun control laws are or were then. That's entirely irrelevant.

I see you're still obsessed with trying to change a point that has zero to do with laws, into a point that somehow has something to do with laws.

Get that looked at.

You were in Ireland in 1996 and somehow missed the fact that it is part of Great Britain.

Why am I totally unsurprised?

My point was, is, and will be, that you are an idiot.

Forum List

Back