Shooting at Louisville

The more he posts about firearms, the more convinced I am he has never handled one.

Thank y ou for saying that. Makes it easy to just ignore whatever nonsense you are going to spew next.

An AR-15 is •NOT• a high-powered rifle.
“It's kind of open for interpretation,” said Santa Rosa Police Sgt. Robert Reynolds, who oversees all training at the department, including weapons.
While the term commonly appears in the media, the sergeant avoids using the vague term to describe a firearm.
Reynolds considers any .223-caliber and bigger, to be high-powered. The most common round used in AR-15s is .223-caliber.

No worries, Bob is not a high powered poster...

For not allowing America to have what every other 1st world country has.
What is that?
The leading cause of death in children and teens not being firearms.

29 Mar 2023
Guns are the leading cause of death for US children and teens, since surpassing car accidents in 2020. Firearms accounted for nearly 19% of childhood deaths (ages 1-18) in 2021,

The leading cause of death in children and teens not being firearms.

29 Mar 2023
Guns are the leading cause of death for US children and teens, since surpassing car accidents in 2020. Firearms accounted for nearly 19% of childhood deaths (ages 1-18) in 2021,
Lol not providing the entire quote and link.

Just as many people would have been killed had the Lunatic (the real problem) used an AK-47 or a Mini-14 Ranch Rifle or a Winchester 30.06.

I have two AR-15s and love 'em. Neither of them have ever killed anyone. Time to stop using ridiculous comparisons and useless arguments.

That's not the point. Making the same "I read this argument in a gun magazine" argument isn't helping solve any problems.

We KNOW that certain weapons are more likely to be used to kill than others. GUNS are the weapon of choice.

Because guns are so easy to get hold of in the US, they're used by people who want to settle a score or commit and crime and they know they can steal one, use it, lob it and then get another one easily.

"AR-15 Rifles Were Used in 26 Percent of the Last 80 Mass Shootings in America"
Newsweek, back in 2021, said 26% of mass shootings used AR-15s.

Not only that, but some

"Among those incidents are some of the deadliest mass shootings in the nation's history, including the Las Vegas shooting, which left 59 people dead; the Orlando, Florida, nightclub shooting, which killed 50; and the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Connecticut, which killed 28."

The worst shooting of the year, the Monterey Park Shooting with 11 dead + the perpetrator, didn't use an AR-15. It used a cobrey M-11/9.

300px-Flickr_-_Steve_Z_-_Cobray_M11-removebg-preview.png

I mean, what use would someone have for such a weapon other than killing 11 people?

The worst for 2022, the Uvalde shootings used an AR-15.

If you want to commit mass murder, killing loads of people, you are going to be more successful, and more likely to carry it out if you have weaponry that can do this effectively.

That's not the point. Making the same "I read this argument in a gun magazine" argument isn't helping solve any problems.

We KNOW that certain weapons are more likely to be used to kill than others. GUNS are the weapon of choice.

Because guns are so easy to get hold of in the US, they're used by people who want to settle a score or commit and crime and they know they can steal one, use it, lob it and then get another one easily.

Not only that, but some

"Among those incidents are some of the deadliest mass shootings in the nation's history, including the Las Vegas shooting, which left 59 people dead; the Orlando, Florida, nightclub shooting, which killed 50; and the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Connecticut, which killed 28."

The worst shooting of the year, the Monterey Park Shooting with 11 dead + the perpetrator, didn't use an AR-15. It used a cobrey M-11/9.

I mean, what use would someone have for such a weapon other than killing 11 people?

If you want to commit mass murder, killing loads of people, you are going to be more successful, and more likely to carry it out if you have weaponry that can do this effectively.
Guns are easy to get? How does that work in New York, California?

Not only that, but some

At the founding of this nation ... the Redcoats carried the most modern weapons of war available at the time. Had the early patriots not had weapons of similar power ... they would have lost the war. The main purpose for the 2A was to give "the people" a means to fend off any future tyrants. As the weapons of the potential tyrants morphed into stronger weapons with more killing power ... so is it necessary for "the people" to match that power.

Secondly ... if my home is invaded by perpetrators with AK-47s or AR-15s then I want to respond with like weapons.

It doesn't matter to me whether you like my guns, as long as I like my guns.

Forum List

Back