Shooting at Milo Speech....it may be a defensive shooting as left wingers were violent and aggressiv

Yeah it isn't like a brick over the head could hurt you........oh, wait.

Amazingly...many people have managed to survive or not get hit without having to shoot people.

And yet....1,500,000 times a year people use guns to stop these types of violent attacks....

"These kind of attacks"....what kind of attacks? We don't even know...do we?

How many times have guns been used in student protests by non-police?

Amazingly...many people have managed to survive or not get hit without having to shoot people.

Amazingly many people have not died in airplane accidents. Doesn't really matter to those who did though.

Do you think guns are appropriate to have in a mix of very high emotion, a lot of young subadults, and alcohol? I don't. I think self defense can be stretched to the point were someone finds it easier to just shoot someone rather then de-escalate a situation. I think we need to be careful of justifying the right to carry guns in any situation in any place.

First, we don't know what exactly happened. Second, if he was carrying the gun legally, he is 21 and not a sub adult....that is only a title reserved for 26 year olds living in their family basements on obamacare....

And again......they were throwing bricks at police officers...so an innocent person is even less protected than a cop with, at minimum, a vest....and possibley a helmet and shield...

Agree, we don't know the details yet.

And, even 21 - I would still say in terms of judgement, brain development and impulse control, he is a subadult for the same reasons that he has to pay a higher auto insurance rate until 25.

Police officers have a shitload of training behind them to help them deal with situations like this - to de-escelate, to use non-lethal force. How much training did the shooter have and what did he do before resorting to lethal force?

In all honestly IA - don't you think there are some situations where hot heads and guns should not mix?

Yes....left wingers should probably wait till they are senior citizens before they decide to own and carry a gun...and even that much time might not be enough for them to have the sense they need to be responsible....

Amazingly many people have not died in airplane accidents. Doesn't really matter to those who did though.

Do you think guns are appropriate to have in a mix of very high emotion, a lot of young subadults, and alcohol? I don't. I think self defense can be stretched to the point were someone finds it easier to just shoot someone rather then de-escalate a situation. I think we need to be careful of justifying the right to carry guns in any situation in any place.

First, we don't know what exactly happened. Second, if he was carrying the gun legally, he is 21 and not a sub adult....that is only a title reserved for 26 year olds living in their family basements on obamacare....

And again......they were throwing bricks at police officers...so an innocent person is even less protected than a cop with, at minimum, a vest....and possibley a helmet and shield...

And, even 21 - I would still say in terms of judgement, brain development and impulse control, he is a subadult for the same reasons that he has to pay a higher auto insurance rate until 25.

Police officers have a shitload of training behind them to help them deal with situations like this - to de-escelate, to use non-lethal force. How much training did the shooter have and what did he do before resorting to lethal force?

In all honestly IA - don't you think there are some situations where hot heads and guns should not mix?

Yes....left wingers should probably wait till they are senior citizens before they decide to own and carry a gun...and even that much time might not be enough for them to have the sense they need to be responsible....

Ok, nix the attempt to have a real discussion here.

Ok, nix the attempt to have a real discussion here.

You don't want a real discussion...we know nothing about what happened or who did the shooting or who got shot...you want to use this to attack gun rights.

So....you think that muslims shouldn't be allowed to drive because some use cars and trucks to murder people....? Right back at you and your nonsense...

And the police did not charge the shooter........

"Anti-Fascist" Bully Shot by Armed American at UW Yiannopoulos Event - The Truth About Guns

Masked and unmasked “protesters” also physically tried to keep attendees away. At one point, the masked thugs picked the wrong attendee to accost. Fearing for his safety amid an unlawful attack by a violent group, one man pulled a handgun and shot one of his assailants.

Thankfully, that gunshot ended the attack and caused the masked hooligans to scatter like roaches. The recipient of the victim’s ballistic judo, pictured above, underwent surgery. He’s now in serious condition. Police did not identify the man.

The shooter turned himself in. After questioning, police released him without charges, per the Seattle Times.

The man who surrendered to police in connection with the University of Washington shooting Friday night was released after telling investigators he fired in self-defense during a campus protest, according to two law-enforcement officials briefed on the case.

No details about any confrontation between him and the critically wounded man were available Saturday. But one of the law-enforcement officials said the man who fired the gun claimed he had been assaulted before shooting the other man, whom he believed to be some type of white supremacist.

Remarkably, the anti-fascists brazenly bragged of disrupting the event. They forcibly blockaded the venue to keep attendees out, relying on intimidation and brute force against the 500 or so who showed up to see Milo. The anti-Milo troublemakers even lamented how one of their “comrades” got shot by someone they believed to be a Trump voter. From “It’s going down“:

Seattle – Milo Yiannopoulos was scheduled to speak at the University of Washington at J20. The exact numbers in line to attend were difficult to estimate but may have been 500 or more, many of whom were outright neo-nazis.

With a massive march in downtown which included an anarchist breakaway, perhaps only 30 antifa were on hand at the beginning to attempt to disrupt the event.

…Tragically, a comrade was shot during the later stages of the event. They remains in critical condition in the hospital. The shooter is still unknown but believed to be a Trump supporter.

Forum List

Back