Shootings of Asian-Americans in Atlanta

....Harry Truman acted on behalf of the entire United States of America, which included every US Citizens, including African- Americans....

No, he didn't.
Sure he did....he was elected to represent the nation...same as any other President

Agreed. I don't know what Unkotare is talking about.
he even won reelection after doing it...

My dad was in the pacific at the time. I am really glad they dropped the Bomb.

So was mine, and I'm glad FDR locked up a lot of them for awhile, too; it showed he was thinking about saving American lives. And, the Japanese are just as racist now as they were then, so only tards feel sorry for them now. They only got 'all patriotic n stuff' after getting locked up, not before.

So I know you had a shit fit when Reagan paid them reparations for being locked up.
I didn't I thought it was just and right

So what was done to black folks in this country wasn't quite that bad, was it?
I never said that. If you can show me one person that was a slave, I'd be happy to have reparitations paid to them....just like we did in 88 to the Japanese that were interred by FDR.
Hell, we shouldn’t give blacks reperations for slavery we should give it to them for how we have treated them since slavery

There is nothing stopping you from finding a deserving African American in your state and giving him all your money, or getting up off your ass and doing anything at all to help him in some way.
and there is the issue....dembots don't actually want to do something themselves to address the issues they bring up....they want other people to do it for them. They really are a whiny selfish bunch

......and republicans ignore the issues and don't do a damn thing other than try and feed us some BS.
huh? They freed the slaves, passed numerous Civil Rights legislation, not to mentioned created numerous bills the left blocked....moreover, tried, and in some cases, provided a economy to grow...and undid unjust laws targeting african-americans...such as Xiden 94 Crime Bill sentencing

Give me a break. Civil rights bills were passed by regions North/South and it was a Democrat president that signed those bills into law. Also not ONE Republican opposed that crime bill or voted against it. What numerous bills? Since Trump lost look at the Jim Crow bills being passed by state Legislators trying to stifle the minority vote.
It's laughable when they suggest they were the ones who freed the slaves or passed civil rights laws when today they are clearly the confederates who lynched blacks and defended Jim crow laws.
Lincoln was a Republican, Stupid.

Dimwingers filibustered the Civil Rights Act...........including Biden's mentor and Owlgore's father.

Your party is the party of racists.
Do you understand something changed between now and then? You southerners who hated lincoln are today's republicans.
Really? Your party kept electing a KKK leader to the Senate until 2010.

Your party is the party of racists. Own it.
Not anymore. You guys carry the confederate flags and try to throw out black votes. Literally last year trump tried to throw out all the votes in wayne county. Aka Detroit.

The gop today are the white good old boys yesterday.

Its simple. Did us liberals want Rosa parks to sit at the back of the bus? No. It was people like you. Back then you were the democrats.

Moron....the democrats are the ones attacking Asian Americans.....the democrats are the ones pushing for segregated dorms, cafeterias, keeping Asians out of colleges and universities, it is the democrats who want skin color identified on products in grocery stores....the democrat party has been and still is the party of racism, violence and hate...

If that is the case then why does all of the racism always come from right wing, assholes like you.
what did he say that was racist? I think you are projecting a little too much here
I love it when suddenly the racists are claiming they aren’t racist. Now they don’t openly admit to not hiring colors. Now they claim they gave the black guy a fair shot and he just unfortunately wasn’t the most qualified. Completely denying the obvious that bias is playing a factor.

When in a society as diverse as ours 90% of the executive boardroom is white males, something is wrong.

But notice now we have to prove you are a racist. Even though we know you are based on you policies, we have to prove it. Covert vs overt.
I do too...and they rewrite history...to an absurd level.....but hey...the dems are here trying to claim they supported Civil Rights, opposed Jim Crowe and freed the slaves....it's rather comical....
We were republicans back then. i Would have been a Lincoln republican northerner you’d be pro general lee pro slavery and against blacks marrying whites.

We don’t forget it was conservatives in the 60s who hated blacks and loved viet nam. Just like you demonize blm today you did it to Mohammad Ali and muslims back then.
No you weren't....Republicans were Republicans back then....they still are.....you personally might have been then flipped to the darkside...I don't know...

hahaha....keep dreaming....Johnson and his Admin were Dems...Vietnam was their baby

In fact, he's the leading Republican at the time, in 1964..running against the Dems warmongers: "

"And no, we will not let our support today silence our basic criticism that the war in Vietnam -- and let's call it what it is, a war--that the war in Vietnam is being fought under policies that obscure our purposes, confuse our allies, particularly the Vietnamese and encourage the enemy to prolong the fighting.

We must, instead, prosecute the war in Vietnam with the object of ending it along with the threats to peace that it poses all over the world."
I know so then how come it was people like me who supported the viet nam protests and Mohammad Ali and you guys back then hated meatheads like me?

Was Archie biunker a democrat back then? Was meathead a republican?
Archie was a TV character...from the 70s

Some people certianly dind't like the Nation of Islam back then, and still don't today....they are racist....and violent....Dr. King didn't like them...Malcolm X woke up to what they were and left them...for that they killed him
Ok so why are Republicans the ones who hate MLK day?
They don't....I know many that enjoy the day off work...then again I know many that are indifferent and stilly work

It was actually signed into law making it a Federal holiday by a Republican President.

But rather Govt offices are open or not, doesn't not mean one doesn't support Civil Rights for all Americans...many might suggest that after decades of Dem controlled Govt oppressing African-Amricans, means maybe Govt shouldn't be taking a day off of work..in fact just the opposite...maybe Govt should be worrking to continue to undo the years of oppression by the left.

I don't hate it. I do, considering the current state of what passes for his legacy, consider whether he deserves it.

But it is more a minor skepticism, nothing that any honest person could call "hate".
Considering he was a very religious man, a Southern Baptist Minister, that invoked God/Jesus and Christian values in his sermons and speeches on Civil Rights....I think we can assume he would not be welcome and likely attacked by the left today

Are you serious!!! Your ilk are the ones who wanted him dead. After you murdered him not you want to quote Dr King, what a disgrace.
what are you talking about? Nobody I know, or know who was alive then, wanted him dead.

In fact his last speech...sermon really...was at a Christian Church....where he discussed at great length the Bible: " I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land. So I'm happy, tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord"

The Civil Rights movement was greatly supported by Christians...

King's killer....James Earl Ray, actually campaigned for the DNC in 1967.,....
How come republicans were the ones who voted against having a federal mlk day and black history month?

That is a straw man. Do you understand what that means, idiot?
Do you understand the democrats back then who didn’t want blacks to go to whites schools would be republicans today?

You must know this is true. Straw or not

Sure. That is why so many white liberals send their kids to private schools.

LOL!!!!
Not only do they do that....they take away school voucher programs to ensure that none can get into those same private schools....https://www.cato.org/commentary/2020-democrats-are-school-choice-hypocrites

"

For starters, Sen. Elizabeth Warren recently released an education plan that is radically anti-choice. It would ban many high-quality charter schools, end federal funding of charter schools, and make it even more difficult to open new charters. She also calls to end private school choice programs — programs that overwhelmingly serve low-income families.

But about a month ago, one of us uncovered that Warren sent her son, Alex, to expensive private schools starting in fifth grade when she was teaching at the University of Texas at Austin. Then, cellphone footage shows the senator lied about it to an African American woman, moments after giving a speech about the rights of black women, before her campaign finally admitted Warren's son attended private school."
This is all right wing spin.

Do you understand the democrats back then who didn’t want blacks to go to whites schools would be republicans today?

Bullshit.

The Republican party today is championing school choice so that blacks and hispanics, those most effected by democrat party public schools, can escape and get into real schools.....

Democrats are fighting to keep Asians out of our elite universities.........and to keep blacks and hispanics trapped in schools that refuse to teach them math, english and every other topic besides race hate....
Yea but you’re fucking the kids who do go to public school

....Harry Truman acted on behalf of the entire United States of America, which included every US Citizens, including African- Americans....

No, he didn't.
Sure he did....he was elected to represent the nation...same as any other President

So was mine, and I'm glad FDR locked up a lot of them for awhile, too; it showed he was thinking about saving American lives. And, the Japanese are just as racist now as they were then, so only tards feel sorry for them now. They only got 'all patriotic n stuff' after getting locked up, not before.

So I know you had a shit fit when Reagan paid them reparations for being locked up.

I never said that. If you can show me one person that was a slave, I'd be happy to have reparitations paid to them....just like we did in 88 to the Japanese that were interred by FDR.
Hell, we shouldn’t give blacks reperations for slavery we should give it to them for how we have treated them since slavery

There is nothing stopping you from finding a deserving African American in your state and giving him all your money, or getting up off your ass and doing anything at all to help him in some way.
and there is the issue....dembots don't actually want to do something themselves to address the issues they bring up....they want other people to do it for them. They really are a whiny selfish bunch

......and republicans ignore the issues and don't do a damn thing other than try and feed us some BS.
huh? They freed the slaves, passed numerous Civil Rights legislation, not to mentioned created numerous bills the left blocked....moreover, tried, and in some cases, provided a economy to grow...and undid unjust laws targeting african-americans...such as Xiden 94 Crime Bill sentencing

Give me a break. Civil rights bills were passed by regions North/South and it was a Democrat president that signed those bills into law. Also not ONE Republican opposed that crime bill or voted against it. What numerous bills? Since Trump lost look at the Jim Crow bills being passed by state Legislators trying to stifle the minority vote.
It's laughable when they suggest they were the ones who freed the slaves or passed civil rights laws when today they are clearly the confederates who lynched blacks and defended Jim crow laws.

Dimwingers filibustered the Civil Rights Act...........including Biden's mentor and Owlgore's father.

Do you understand something changed between now and then? You southerners who hated lincoln are today's republicans.

Not anymore. You guys carry the confederate flags and try to throw out black votes. Literally last year trump tried to throw out all the votes in wayne county. Aka Detroit.

Its simple. Did us liberals want Rosa parks to sit at the back of the bus? No. It was people like you. Back then you were the democrats.

Moron....the democrats are the ones attacking Asian Americans.....the democrats are the ones pushing for segregated dorms, cafeterias, keeping Asians out of colleges and universities, it is the democrats who want skin color identified on products in grocery stores....the democrat party has been and still is the party of racism, violence and hate...

If that is the case then why does all of the racism always come from right wing, assholes like you.
what did he say that was racist? I think you are projecting a little too much here
I love it when suddenly the racists are claiming they aren’t racist. Now they don’t openly admit to not hiring colors. Now they claim they gave the black guy a fair shot and he just unfortunately wasn’t the most qualified. Completely denying the obvious that bias is playing a factor.

When in a society as diverse as ours 90% of the executive boardroom is white males, something is wrong.

But notice now we have to prove you are a racist. Even though we know you are based on you policies, we have to prove it. Covert vs overt.
I do too...and they rewrite history...to an absurd level.....but hey...the dems are here trying to claim they supported Civil Rights, opposed Jim Crowe and freed the slaves....it's rather comical....
We were republicans back then. i Would have been a Lincoln republican northerner you’d be pro general lee pro slavery and against blacks marrying whites.

We don’t forget it was conservatives in the 60s who hated blacks and loved viet nam. Just like you demonize blm today you did it to Mohammad Ali and muslims back then.
No you weren't....Republicans were Republicans back then....they still are.....you personally might have been then flipped to the darkside...I don't know...

hahaha....keep dreaming....Johnson and his Admin were Dems...Vietnam was their baby

In fact, he's the leading Republican at the time, in 1964..running against the Dems warmongers: "

"And no, we will not let our support today silence our basic criticism that the war in Vietnam -- and let's call it what it is, a war--that the war in Vietnam is being fought under policies that obscure our purposes, confuse our allies, particularly the Vietnamese and encourage the enemy to prolong the fighting.

We must, instead, prosecute the war in Vietnam with the object of ending it along with the threats to peace that it poses all over the world."
I know so then how come it was people like me who supported the viet nam protests and Mohammad Ali and you guys back then hated meatheads like me?

Some people certianly dind't like the Nation of Islam back then, and still don't today....they are racist....and violent....Dr. King didn't like them...Malcolm X woke up to what they were and left them...for that they killed him
They don't....I know many that enjoy the day off work...then again I know many that are indifferent and stilly work

It was actually signed into law making it a Federal holiday by a Republican President.

But rather Govt offices are open or not, doesn't not mean one doesn't support Civil Rights for all Americans...many might suggest that after decades of Dem controlled Govt oppressing African-Amricans, means maybe Govt shouldn't be taking a day off of work..in fact just the opposite...maybe Govt should be worrking to continue to undo the years of oppression by the left.
The Democrats will deny the history of civil rights in the USA until they die.

The Republican Party was founded with the express intent to end slavery. Democrats opposed abolition.

Lincoln was the first Republican President and he signed the emancipation proclamation.

Democrats opposed civil rights legislation until they realized they could garner votes by passing out trinkets in the welfare system.

Democrats founded the KKK.
Different party back then. Back then you’d be a democrat.

We don’t deny this history.

Its like back when republicans invented NAFTA us liberals hated it. Reagan and bush invented nafta. How do you republicans today feel about nafta?

Bullshit.

The Republican party today is championing school choice so that blacks and hispanics, those most effected by democrat party public schools, can escape and get into real schools.....

Democrats are fighting to keep Asians out of our elite universities.........and to keep blacks and hispanics trapped in schools that refuse to teach them math, english and every other topic besides race hate....
Racially conservative’ attitudes led white Southerners to leave Democratic Party
Racial attitudes were the primary reason white Southerners abandoned the Democratic Party after party leaders began to advocate for civil rights legislation during the last half of the 20th century, a new study finds.
by Denise-Marie Ordway | October 25, 2018
President Lyndon B. Johnson signs the 1964 Civil Rights Act

Many believe white Southerners began leaving the Democratic Party after Democratic President Lyndon Johnson signed the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
But the defection began earlier than previously believed, according to the study, published in October 2018 in the American Economic Review.
However, this new study finds that “racially conservative” whites in the South started switching to the Republican Party in the early 1950s in reaction to Democratic President Harry Truman’s support for civil rights initiatives in the late 1940s.
Before 1950, nearly 80 percent of white adults who lived in the 11 states of the former Confederacy identified as Democrats, compared with about 40 percent of white adults in other parts of the country, the study shows. By the early 2000s, about 30 percent of white adults in the South and nationwide identified as Democrats.

No, he didn't.

I don't hate it. I do, considering the current state of what passes for his legacy, consider whether he deserves it.

But it is more a minor skepticism, nothing that any honest person could call "hate".
Considering he was a very religious man, a Southern Baptist Minister, that invoked God/Jesus and Christian values in his sermons and speeches on Civil Rights....I think we can assume he would not be welcome and likely attacked by the left today

Are you serious!!! Your ilk are the ones who wanted him dead. After you murdered him not you want to quote Dr King, what a disgrace.
what are you talking about? Nobody I know, or know who was alive then, wanted him dead.

In fact his last speech...sermon really...was at a Christian Church....where he discussed at great length the Bible: " I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land. So I'm happy, tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord"

How come republicans were the ones who voted against having a federal mlk day and black history month?
Reagan signed the MLK holiday, Dumbass.

No, he didn't.

Reagan was a republican he signed it into law. I am not sure why people voted no but members from both parties voted no...not just members of the GOP. But overall the vast majority of both parties supported it's passage and Reagan made it Federal law by signing,

No, he didn't.

The Democrats will deny the history of civil rights in the USA until they die.

The Republican Party was founded with the express intent to end slavery. Democrats opposed abolition.

Lincoln was the first Republican President and he signed the emancipation proclamation.

Democrats opposed civil rights legislation until they realized they could garner votes by passing out trinkets in the welfare system.

Democrats founded the KKK.
Different party back then. Back then you’d be a democrat.

We don’t deny this history.

Its like back when republicans invented NAFTA us liberals hated it. Reagan and bush invented nafta. How do you republicans today feel about nafta?
Clinton signed NAFTA into law.

Sure. That is why so many white liberals send their kids to private schools.

LOL!!!!
Not only do they do that....they take away school voucher programs to ensure that none can get into those same private schools....https://www.cato.org/commentary/2020-democrats-are-school-choice-hypocrites

"

For starters, Sen. Elizabeth Warren recently released an education plan that is radically anti-choice. It would ban many high-quality charter schools, end federal funding of charter schools, and make it even more difficult to open new charters. She also calls to end private school choice programs — programs that overwhelmingly serve low-income families.

But about a month ago, one of us uncovered that Warren sent her son, Alex, to expensive private schools starting in fifth grade when she was teaching at the University of Texas at Austin. Then, cellphone footage shows the senator lied about it to an African American woman, moments after giving a speech about the rights of black women, before her campaign finally admitted Warren's son attended private school."
This is all right wing spin.
what did I say that was incorrect? If the story about Ms. Warren is not correct....I'll be happy to change it....can you provide something proving that story is wrong?

Bullshit.

Racially conservative’ attitudes led white Southerners to leave Democratic Party
Racial attitudes were the primary reason white Southerners abandoned the Democratic Party after party leaders began to advocate for civil rights legislation during the last half of the 20th century, a new study finds.

Many believe white Southerners began leaving the Democratic Party after Democratic President Lyndon Johnson signed the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
But the defection began earlier than previously believed, according to the study, published in October 2018 in the American Economic Review.
However, this new study finds that “racially conservative” whites in the South started switching to the Republican Party in the early 1950s in reaction to Democratic President Harry Truman’s support for civil rights initiatives in the late 1940s.
Before 1950, nearly 80 percent of white adults who lived in the 11 states of the former Confederacy identified as Democrats, compared with about 40 percent of white adults in other parts of the country, the study shows. By the early 2000s, about 30 percent of white adults in the South and nationwide identified as Democrats.
Funny how they don’t list the names of those who switched.

How many?

...You do realize parties change right? ...

I realize how desperate democrat hypocrites like you are to run from your history and to deny what you have always been about. I don't expect an idiot like you to even understand it.
So you’re sticking to the story we are the same people who didn’t let blacks eat at the counter?

You claim to be a democrat dozens of times every day, but you have thrown around racial slurs on this very site hundreds of times.

No, he didn't.

Reagan was a republican he signed it into law. I am not sure why people voted no but members from both parties voted no...not just members of the GOP. But overall the vast majority of both parties supported it's passage and Reagan made it Federal law by signing,
4 house democrats voted no. Probably southern blue dog democrats.

How many republicans in the house voted no?

Bullshit.

Funny how they don’t list the names of those who switched.

How many?
80% of white southerners voted democratic before the civil rights. After the civil rights only 30% do.

I realize how desperate democrat hypocrites like you are to run from your history and to deny what you have always been about. I don't expect an idiot like you to even understand it.
Either you’re ignorant or pretending

Give it up, fool. It's not working.
Really? 77 republicans voted against mlk day in the house. Only 4 democrats voted no.

Dont bullshit me liar. Are you embarrassed? Should be.

So you’re sticking to the story we are the same people who didn’t let blacks eat at the counter?

You claim to be a democrat dozens of times every day, but you have thrown around racial slurs on this very site hundreds of times.
So what?

So what?
So you're a fucking hypocrite.

Either you’re ignorant or pretending

Give it up, fool. It's not working.

Republicans tried to claim their political ancestors at the Republican National Convention on Wednesday night, casting back to Abraham Lincoln, the first Republican President, to argue they deserve more credit from Black voters.
The problem is that the Republicans and the politics of 1860 bear almost zero resemblance to the Republicans of today.

Back then, Republicans were, generally, a party of Northerners and Democrats were, generally, the party of the South.
Today, it's pretty much the opposite.

Today, it's a Republican President, Donald Trump, who has changed his allegiance to a Southern state, Florida, and is appealing to nostalgia for the Confederacy and stoking racial divisions, not trying to end them or get past them.
So it was factually true and sounded good in real time when Clarence Henderson, a Black man who marched for civil rights in the 1960s and now supports Trump, said this Wednesday night during the convention:

"I'm a Republican. And I support Donald Trump. If that sounds strange, you don't know your history. It was the Republican Party that passed the 13th Amendment, abolishing slavery. It was the Republican Party that passed the 14th Amendment, giving Black men citizenship. It was the Republican Party that passed the 15th Amendment, giving Black men the right to vote. "
That's true! But he missed the second part, about the fight over civil rights in the '60s and the dramatic party realignment that's happened since then.
It was George Wallace, a former Democrat and a segregationist, who won five Southern states in the 1968 presidential election.
It was Republicans like Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan and now Trump who mainlined the fears of white working-class voters Wallace embodied.
It was Democratic presidents in the '60s who enacted civil rights legislation. It's Republicans trying to undo that now.
The linchpin moment of this realignment was the passage of the Civil Rights Act, which scrambled party allegiances and led Lyndon B. Johnson, the Democratic President from Texas (hard to imagine today), to lament that Democrats had given away the South for a generation.
That quote may be apocryphal, but it certainly feels true when you look at the electoral map, where the South is red and the Northeast and West Coast are blue.
I talked to Andra Gillespie, an Emory political scientist, about this recently and asked her if Black voters are on the cusp of gaining new power in the South. She described how the party power shifted in this country.
"When Barry Goldwater (the GOP nominee in 1964) came out in opposition to the Civil Rights Act, that was the signal to the Democratic segregationists that the Republican Party might actually be more of a home for them," she said.
"You have the vast majority of White voters, over a 50-year period, changing their party identification and voting behavior to the Republican Party. It turned African Americans, the largest minority in the South, into a permanent minority position," she continued. "Because even though they make up about a third of the population in states like Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana, if all the Blacks vote Democratic and all the Whites of vote Republican or close to it -- I don't want to over-generalize here, but two-thirds is always going to beat a third."
That math might be changing, but it still holds this election. Regardless, today, more than 100 years later, the vast majority of Black voters identify as Democrats. And Republican majorities in the South have worked hard to make it more difficult for minority voters to cast ballots.

So what?
So you're a fucking hypocrite.
No I just don't think it's that big of a deal if I've used racial slurs in the past.

My voting record and position on race say I'm not the racist, you are. That is if you admit to being a conservative/Republican. So far you don't have the balls to admit it.

Forum List

Back