Shots Fired at US Capitol and Possibly Related to a Suspicious Package

U.S. Capitol locked down after suicide - CNN.com

The suspected shooter was "neutralized" but the building was locked down as a precautionary measure, Schneider said.

U.S. Capitol Police officers also are investigating a suspicious package on the lower west terrace of the Capitol, Schneider said.

Capitol Police sent this message to congressional staff: "The U.S. Capitol Police are continuing to investigate the police activity. All occupants of the U.S. Capitol Building and Capitol Visitor Center are directed to shelter in place until further notice. Additional information will be provided as available."

No one will be allowed to enter or exit the Capitol building or the Capitol Visitors Center during the lockdown.

Several streets in the area have been closed.

Ok, this is crazy. Now reporting from the spokeman the suspect neutralized by his own suicide shot, and they don't know if he was killed or not.

Still investigating a package on the west terrace.

From abc reporter twitter-
Katherine Faulders ‏@KFaulders

Man who shot himself at US Capitol has on blue backpack, suitcase nearby,sign taped to hand.Bomb techs will approach soon --@MLevineReports

Shooter has been neutralized. Capitol on lockdown.

No more yet.

Obama wasn't even in office yet, before the first security breach occured....some white couple uninvited showed up at his inaugural dinner....and sadly its been downhill ever sense. While Clinton and the Bush's, and all the other presidents before him, roam the country at will...this brother who's only crime is having black skin (please don't tell me about his white side), having black skin, for the rest of his damned life will have to be protected from the crazy ******** out here, who can't get over the fact, white people aren't the only people that can enter the white house.

First, this had nothing to do with the President.

Second, you don't think other President's have had to deal with lunatics? You would be wrong, dear.

No more yet.

Obama wasn't even in office yet, before the first security breach occured....some white couple uninvited showed up at his inaugural dinner....and sadly its been downhill ever sense. While Clinton and the Bush's, and all the other presidents before him, roam the country at will...this brother who's only crime is having black skin (please don't tell me about his white side), having black skin, for the rest of his damned life will have to be protected from the crazy ******** out here, who can't get over the fact, white people aren't the only people that can enter the white house.

Second, you don't think other President's have had to deal with lunatics? You would be wrong, dear.

No more yet.

Sorry, but Obama has had more security breaches, than any president I'm aware of.

Security breach? Well, maybe the Director, appointed by Obama, should once again be replaced. Maybe his team needs to research the individuals capabilities a little better, seeing as there have been more than 3.

And, I'm curious, did you even look for breaches with other Presidents? Because if you had, you would know their were attempts on Carter's, Reagan's, Clinton's, and both Bush's lives, and the assassination of JFK.

No more yet.

Sorry, but Obama has had more security breaches, than any president I'm aware of.

Forum List

Back