Should AK-47s Be Made in The U.S.A.?

There is absolutely no reason for this gun to be made in the states. Anyone with any brain should realize this. The U.S. has the most heavily-armed civilian population on the planet with an average of 88.8 guns for every 100 people. Isn't it enough?

Since there's already an astronomical number of guns in this country, why do you care if a handful more are made?

This is akin to scientists getting excited about a new nebula forming 10 stars in a 100,000,000,000 billion star galaxy.

An American gun company has found a way around the anti-Russia sanctions that have banned imports of the Kalashnikov assault rifle: Make them here, in the U.S.A.

AK-47s Soon to be made in USA - Jan. 20 2015

There is absolutely no reason for this gun to be made in the states. Anyone with any brain should realize this. The U.S. has the most heavily-armed civilian population on the planet with an average of 88.8 guns for every 100 people. Isn't it enough?

If the gun is legal- no reason why it shouldn't be made here.

Nothing to get upset about. Some domestic arms makers already make clones of it here. It's a good, cheap, reliable design that has been battle tested around the world. They will probably make some available in western ammo chambering too, so that's another plus.

An American gun company has found a way around the anti-Russia sanctions that have banned imports of the Kalashnikov assault rifle: Make them here, in the U.S.A.

variants have been made in the USA for a long time

And many places other than Russia...offhand, I recal they are made in China, Poland, the Czech Republic, and Hungary.

And many places other than Russia...offhand, I recal they are made in China, Poland, the Czech Republic, and Hungary.
Add, Egypt, Romania, and Bulgaria too.

Sweden made them at one time, as did Albania.

yes to name a few

yes to name a few

You know what would be cool.

Somebody to make an M-1 Carbine in the FN 5.7x28.

I have to think that would sell like hotcakes!!!!!

No...someone to make the (prototyped but never mass-produced) carbine version of the M1 rifle (the M1 carbine is totally different), aka the "tanker Garand".

No...someone to make the (prototyped but never mass-produced) carbine version of the M1 rifle (the M1 carbine is totally different), aka the "tanker Garand".
When I was a kid, you could get a carbine for $25, Garand for $50, and a tanker for $75, mail order.

Do we have more crime or less crime now, compared to pre-68?

I could see a tanker, in .308 selling well, but, without a detachable magazine the Garand is at a disadvantage.

I have an M-1A with the synthetic stock.

Might be the best of all.

There are several being made here already, some with milled receivers.
Century Arms makes theirs with a milled receiver rather than a stamped one.

I have had the AK and the Ruger Mini-30.

Neither could hit a pie plate at 100 yards.

Either the rifles are inherently inaccurate, or the ammo is inherently inaccurate.

My M1-A and my Sig M-4 will both hit a tennis ball at 200 meters.

I can't hit a tennis ball consistently at 50 meters with the AK.

I have had the AK and the Ruger Mini-30.

Neither could hit a pie plate at 100 yards.

Either the rifles are inherently inaccurate, or the ammo is inherently inaccurate.

My M1-A and my Sig M-4 will both hit a tennis ball at 200 meters.

I can't hit a tennis ball consistently at 50 meters with the AK.
I read recently an article stating that the issue with the front sight has been corrected, and the weapons are better quality now. I haven't any experience with them myself.

They just aren't too accurate.

But, within 50 yards, a great self defense weapon.

And, without intentionally abusing one, it is virtually certain to fire first time, every time, mag after mag.
That's what I've heard too. While the AR is more accurate it's a bit more finicky. Supposedly run best wet. I haven't ran mine too much to know first hand but I hear it a lot.

I'd like to have a AK and may someday. Being American made would be icing on the cake.

If this outfit chambers theirs for .308 Winchester, then I will give them a serious look.
I was ready to get a Saiga in .308 just about the time they became unavailable.

I think it's a great weapon. Start making it here, take over the market, then the government will move in and take it over and totally screw everything up.

Problem solved.

They're already made in the US.

And they're imported from other countries.

Last, they're extremely cool and fun, are utterly reliable, and chamber an effective round.
They just aren't too accurate.

But, within 50 yards, a great self defense weapon.

And, without intentionally abusing one, it is virtually certain to fire first time, every time, mag after mag.
If used against a car it will penetrate thick glass easily where as an AR will just bounce off.

Forum List

Back