Should Blacks Pay Reparations To Whites?

625,000 men died fighting the civil war, almost all were white. More than half of them were Union soldiers. These men gave their lives and the beneficiaries of their sacrifice were slaves, who gained their freedom as a result. Should they not be required to pay reparations to the descendants of those men who gave their lives so that blacks could enjoy the freedom and prosperity they enjoy in today's society?
It was a "management" problem not a "labor" problem.

And, blacks also paid in blood, and served their country.

You should watch some historical videos on black, Civil War regiments.

Black men Won the right to vote before White Women.

So you want to give credit to blacks for the 40k of them that died in the Civil War?

Makes sense.

But if 40k deserves credit, 600k obviously deserves far more.

Especially since they were fighting for SOMEONE else to be free, instead of selfish self interest.
It was about the "rule of law". States have no authority over immigration since 1808. That should have meant; that no new slaves were born in the US, and would have to be "imported" from overseas.

The topic is what is owed to whites for the massive sacrifices of their ancestors.

Nothing in your post is on topic near as I can tell.
Blacks get to be treated at least as well as, "poor whites".

So what do "poor whites" or Whites in general "get", for the far greater and more selfless sacrifices of THEIR ancestors?

You can likely answer your own question by looking up the distribution of votes by demographic for that election. I am not posting anymore links in this thread......no one else is.

I didn't ask for a link. I asked for you to explain that your position, ie that the 20th century southerns are just as racist as 18th century southerns, is strongly contradicted by the PRO CIVIL RIGHTS JIMMY CARTER nearly sweeping the SOuth.

Because on the face of it, it completely disproves your claim.

No worries. You were not getting a link from me. And no, I am not wrong.

1964 WAS the 20th century, and southern politicians almost unanimously voted against the Civil rights act. You are comparing an election to legislation that changed the country.

You have an opinion and your opinion is YOURS, not mine.

And your opinion of the South, in the 20th century, being just as racist as the south in the 18th century is proven wrong by the Pro-Civil Rights Jimmy Carter nearly sweeping the South.

Your refusal to defend your position, but to insist on still holding on to it, reveals that your position is not based on any facts, but just on hatred of your fellow Americans.

I don't need to "defend my position" regarding the setiments of SOUTHERN policy makers, who if they had been successful would have kept MY family, who served this country, in the position of second class citizenship.
...t.

You don't "need" to defend your position on Southerns, which is good, because you CAN'T.

It is obvious bullshit as demonstrated by Jimmy Carter's near sweep of the South.

Why do you feel the need to smear good people?

How do you justify your marginalization of good people?

How can you not see that your behavior makes YOU the bad person here?

How do you NOT see that you are an anonymous person on the internet whose one sided opinion is irrelevant to me and that you are wasting board space by twisting the words that I posted regarding the Civil Rights Act voting of SOUTHERN state lawmakers in 1964 to suit YOUR personal agenda?

You are not the forum police, so get over yourself.

Last edited:

So you want to give credit to blacks for the 40k of them that died in the Civil War?

Makes sense.

Especially since they were fighting for SOMEONE else to be free, instead of selfish self interest.
It was about the "rule of law". States have no authority over immigration since 1808. That should have meant; that no new slaves were born in the US, and would have to be "imported" from overseas.

The topic is what is owed to whites for the massive sacrifices of their ancestors.

So what do "poor whites" or Whites in general "get", for the far greater and more selfless sacrifices of THEIR ancestors?

What they "got" was that they kept THEIR country whole as a result of the war for states rights

Black citizens were released from slavery due to the industrialization of the country by default and were promptly introduced to Jim Crow laws.

The war was about business, not some romanticized, humanitarian "labor of love "

SMGDH.

I have already posted several links in this thread that you have obviously eiher ignored or failed to read, which is your problem, not mine.

One of them clearly explained how black citizens were in many cases not eligible for public assistance during FDRS era.
You posted links to opinions, not facts.

You have yet to provide any credible source that proves them not to be facts.....because you cannot.
150 years of history proves me right.

Thats hilarious. You are not even able to understand or intelligently articulate events from fairly recent history.
You're entitled to your opinion but facts are facts, and the fact is that after 150 years of freedom and at least 50 years of preferential treatment (AA, quotas, grants, etc.), they are still on the bottom rung of society. Why does 13% of the population consume 50% of the welfare?

You are entitled to your "opinion" as well. But do you think that former slaves just cast off their shackles, walked off of plantations and waltzed into the workforce as equal competitors to all other employable citizens?

Even you should know better than that.

You can reference any credible historical source and learn that Jim Crow laws, which were enacted almost immediately following the war for states rights. lasted in some states(mostly southern) until the mid 1960's, which is why many blacks migrated from the oppressive south.

If that is your definition of "150 years of freedom", then you are far more ignorantly misinformed than imaginable.

50 years of "preferential treatment"? The most prosperous demographic in this country today as a result of AA hiring redevelopment initiatives are white females.

Welfare? Black people and white people proportionally use nearly the same amount at close to 39%.

Even after considering that generational poverty has impacted black families at a higher rate than any other demographic.

What I do believe is that integration has been more of a hindrance than a benefit to the black population.

Black owned businesses were abandoned by black citizens who were forced by segregation to build and patronize their own business communities.

For the sake of MLK'S "dream of joining hands" with his own oppresors.

Last edited:
I have already posted several links in this thread that you have obviously eiher ignored or failed to read, which is your problem, not mine.

One of them clearly explained how black citizens were in many cases not eligible for public assistance during FDRS era.

You have yet to provide any credible source that proves them not to be facts.....because you cannot.
You have yet to provide any credible source that proves them TO be facts.....because you cannot.

It is not my problem that you refuse to read or try to comprehend facts.

Makes sense.

Did you think we could get this, "for free" under Any form of Capitalism?

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

150 years of history proves me right.

Thats hilarious. You are not even able to understand or intelligently articulate events from fairly recent history.
You're entitled to your opinion but facts are facts, and the fact is that after 150 years of freedom and at least 50 years of preferential treatment (AA, quotas, grants, etc.), they are still on the bottom rung of society. Why does 13% of the population consume 50% of the welfare?
Who Is Threatened by the Talented?

Twenty trillion dollars gone down the drain. If that had been spent on potentially productive people, it would have produced a twenty trillion dollar surplus. This wrong turn has been like telling a coach that he should neglect his team and spend all his time trying to improve the athletic skills of those he had to cut in tryouts.

Black citizens were released from slavery due to the industrialization of the country by default and were promptly introduced to Jim Crow laws.
Jim Crow laws created by you guessed it...DEMOCRATS.
You are entitled to your "opinion" as well. But do you think that former slaves just cast off their shackles, walked off of plantations and waltzed into the workforce as equal competitors to all other employable citizens?
Perhaps not, but after 150 years, a reasonable person would have to ask "How much time do you need"?
You can reference any credible historical source and learn that Jim Crow laws, which were enacted almost immediately following the war for states rights. lasted in some states(mostly southern) until the mid 1960's, which is why many blacks migrated from the oppressive south.
And they STILL didn't make an effort to do anything for themselves.
50 years of "preferential treatment"? The most prosperous demographic in this country today as a result of AA hiring redevelopment initiatives are white females.
Maybe because they're willing to take advantage of the opportunity and WORK instead of remaining on welfare.
Welfare? Black people and white people proportionally use nearly the same amount at close to 39%.
Except blacks are only 13% of the population. 6 times more welfare than whites per capita.
Even after considering that generational poverty has impacted black families at a higher rate than any other demographic.
Maybe because you make no effort to work your way out of it. If you don't care about advancing yourself, why should anybody else?
What I do believe is that integration has been more of a hindrance than a benefit to the black population.

Black owned businesses were abandoned by black citizens who were forced by segregation to build and patronize their own business communities.
Those two statements contradict each other. First you say integration hurt them, then you say segregation hurt them. Which is it? You're flailing in your arguments.

Last edited:

Makes sense.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

You are the one that put forth the argument that blacks deserve some sort of credit for the sacrifices of their ancestors.

I have asked you what you think whites deserve for the far greater and more selfless sacrifices of THEIR ancestors, in that case.

You have yet to answer that.

A lot of bullshit and babble, but no answer.

You are the one that put forth the argument that blacks deserve some sort of credit for the sacrifices of their ancestors.

I have asked you what you think whites deserve for the far greater and more selfless sacrifices of THEIR ancestors, in that case.

But, but racism, oppression, Jim Crow, KKK, segregation. You know, all those things DEMOCRATS gave black people because they care so much about them.

But, but racism, oppression, Jim Crow, KKK, segregation. You know, all those things DEMOCRATS gave black people because they care so much about them.

Liberals are incapable of seeing the massive and many contradictions in their idiot policies and their idiotic positions.

So, I rub their faces in the stupidity of their words and actions, just to see how utterly and ever increasingly ridiculous their denials become.

As hobbies go, it doesn't cost much. NOt like deep sea fishing.

dude, it was "lousy management" in the first place.

Your non sequitur is noted and dismissed.

My point stands as the final word, until, if ever, you can bring yourself to actually address it.

My point stands as the final word, until, if ever, you can bring yourself to actually address it.

Slavery should have ended automatically, after 1808. Whose fault was it, that did not happen?

Perhaps not, but after 150 years, a reasonable person would have to ask "How much time do you need"?
Maybe because they're willing to take advantage of the opportunity and WORK instead of remaining on welfare.
Except blacks are only 13% of the population. 6 times more welfare than whites per capita.
Maybe because you make no effort to work your way out of it. If you don't care about advancing yourself, why should anybody else?

Those two statements contradict each other. First you say integration hurt them, then you say segregation hurt them. Which is it? You're flailing in your arguments.

No one us flailing except you. If you possessed some first hand knowledge of history you would understand. Jim Crow LAWS restricted black citizens from the most basic rights of citizenship.

No one is failing except you. Your inability to exercise critical thinking skills and refusal to read and interpret history is what is getting in your way. Jim Crow laws were allegedly "seprrate but equal" but in truth were far from it. There were different versons of segregation in the North and South.

If you READ what I stated, I clearly said "Black citizens abandoned black owned businesses to follow MLK and his dream"

As far your insistence on trying to present today's Democrats and Republicans as the same parties they were over a century ago, only someone in a self imposed coma would do so.

There is more than enough information in the following link to address that.

Jim Crow Laws and Racial Segregation - Social Welfare History Project

No one us flailing except you. If you possessed some first hand knowledge of history you would understand. Jim Crow LAWS restricted black citizens from the most basic rights of citizenship.

No one is failing except you. Your inability to exercise critical thinking skills and refusal to read and interpret history is what is getting in your way. Jim Crow laws were allegedly "seprrate but equal" but in truth were far from it. There were different versons of segregation in the North and South.

If you READ what I stated, I clearly said "Black citizens abandoned black owned businesses to follow MLK and his dream"

As far your insistence on trying to present today's Democrats and Republicans as the same parties they were over a century ago, only someone in a self imposed coma would do so.

I don't know why you're trying to convince me of what I already know. Yeah, Jim Crow laws were very oppressive and racist. And they were enacted by...DEMOCRATS.

I don't know why you're trying to convince me of what I already know. Yeah, Jim Crow laws were very oppressive and racist. And they were enacted by...DEMOCRATS.

Yes, SOUTHERN Democrats(who evolved into todays Republicans) did introduce and endorse Jim Crow laws. But I' would not waste time trying to "convince" you of anything.

You asked the question why I would state that integration and segregation were detrimental to black citizens and I pointed out the difference between segregation in the South and the North.

As usual,, your inability to read as opposed to parroting the same talking points with no credible sources keeps you ignorant and misinformed.

Here is yet more information on the transition of SOUTHERN Democrats to who you all are today.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...eiD3kKjy4Owb5OccQ&sig2=T28ImpKr4uj235YghUKeiQ

Last edited:
Reparations are not due to blacks or whites because you have to be alive to get reparations. Some blacks are still alive who suffered JIm Crow laws and they are due reparations.

upload_2017-5-22_8-3-18-jpeg.128090
upload_2017-5-22_8-3-23-jpeg.128091
upload_2017-5-22_8-3-25-jpeg.128092
upload_2017-5-22_8-3-27-jpeg.128093

Their accomplishments were "greater" by default.

As a majority that suppressed, oppressed and in many cases exploited every group of minorities that ever arrived here, they ensured that their accomplishments often came at the expense of others....in some cases, even their own.

Forum List

Back