Should Blacks Pay Reparations To Whites?

The topic is what is owed to whites for the massive sacrifices of their ancestors.

Nothing in your post is on topic near as I can tell.
Blacks get to be treated at least as well as, "poor whites".

So what do "poor whites" or Whites in general "get", for the far greater and more selfless sacrifices of THEIR ancestors?
Did you think we could get this, "for free" under Any form of Capitalism?

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

You are the one that put forth the argument that blacks deserve some sort of credit for the sacrifices of their ancestors.

I have asked you what you think whites deserve for the far greater and more selfless sacrifices of THEIR ancestors, in that case.

You have yet to answer that.

A lot of bullshit and babble, but no answer.
But, but racism, oppression, Jim Crow, KKK, segregation. You know, all those things DEMOCRATS gave black people because they care so much about them.
Pointless Talking Points Dittoing the Clinic

The Republicans held total national power during much of that time. The Klan was against unions and sent thousands of its members to scab up North. That's why the Republicans protected Jim Crow.

The Republicans were also big on tariffs at one time, so why don't Free Traders hold that against them?

So what do "poor whites" or Whites in general "get", for the far greater and more selfless sacrifices of THEIR ancestors?

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

You are the one that put forth the argument that blacks deserve some sort of credit for the sacrifices of their ancestors.

I have asked you what you think whites deserve for the far greater and more selfless sacrifices of THEIR ancestors, in that case.

dude, it was "lousy management" in the first place.

Your non sequitur is noted and dismissed.

My point stands as the final word, until, if ever, you can bring yourself to actually address it.

Slavery should have ended automatically, after 1808. Whose fault was it, that did not happen?
Slavery Saved Them From Savagery

The "fault" of those who didn't want to turn the whole country into a Detroit.

Yes, SOUTHERN Democrats(who evolved into todays Republicans) did introduce and endorse Jim Crow laws.
Name some Democrats (besides Strom Thurmond) who became Republicans and vice versa. You've been making that claim for a long time, now it's time to prove it.

Yes, SOUTHERN Democrats(who evolved into todays Republicans) did introduce and endorse Jim Crow laws.
Name some Democrats (besides Strom Thurmond) who became Republicans and vice versa. You've been making that claim for a long time, now it's time to prove it.

It's a fact that numerous southern white voters left the Democratic party after the Civil Rights act was passed

How racism explains Republicans’ rise in the South
You said Democrats who introduced Jim Crow laws evolved into Republicans. You weren't talking about voters, you were talking about elected officials. Stop ducking and name some.

It's a fact that numerous southern white voters left the Democratic party after the Civil Rights act was passed

You said Democrats who introduced Jim Crow laws evolved into Republicans. You weren't talking about voters, you were talking about elected officials. Stop ducking and name some.

More word semantics? You twisted my words to make them sound like what you wanted them to?

"Democrats, who have evolved into today's Republicans did introduce and endorse Jim Crow laws"

Is what was stated. You perfectly well what I was stating. Dead former democrats is all you've harped on.

Why have Democrats (especially of the white SOUTHERN variety) left that party over time?

More word semantics? You twisted my words to make them sound like what you wanted them to?

"Democrats, who have evolved into today's Republicans did introduce and endorse Jim Crow laws"

Is what was stated. You perfectly well what I was stating. Dead former democrats is all you've harped on.

Why have Democrats (especially of the white SOUTHERN variety) left that party over time?
Bullshit, you're ducking everything I've asked and you know it. Go pound sand, we're done here.

My point stands as the final word, until, if ever, you can bring yourself to actually address it.

Their accomplishments were "greater" by default.

As a majority that suppressed, oppressed and in many cases exploited every group of minorities that ever arrived here, they ensured that their accomplishments often came at the expense of others....in some cases, even their own.

The topic was lives lost in the Civil War.

Your inability to read the word "sacrifice" and understand it's meaning is noted.

Please consider yourself ridiculed.

Your race baiting in noted and dismissed.

650px-1976_Electoral_College_Map.png

The right handed Jimi Hendrix has trouble coming to terms with being a slave to the Democratic Party so he has to make ridiculous claims that Democrats and Republicans "switched sides". It's his way of deflecting, rather than acknowledging the fact that blacks, even though they bitch about it, really prefer slavery to freedom.

The right handed Jimi Hendrix has trouble coming to terms with being a slave to the Democratic Party so he has to make ridiculous claims that Democrats and Republicans "switched sides". It's his way of deflecting, rather than acknowledging the fact that blacks, even though they bitch about it, really prefer slavery to freedom.

So says the "non reading, no source parrott"

I've told you before, I'm not a Democrat. Neither of today's parties are concerned for the well being of America.

It is not I who is making up a story about 2 political parties who have changed over time.

The civil war is over and the republicans of that era are long deceased.

Again? What is this, your screen saver?

One election. 41 years ago?
Really?

As a majority that suppressed, oppressed and in many cases exploited every group of minorities that ever arrived here, they ensured that their accomplishments often came at the expense of others....in some cases, even their own.

Your inability to read the word "sacrifice" and understand it's meaning is noted.

If you consider the truth to be "race baiting" so be it.

Your blatent misrepresentation of the real reason that the war was actually fought is noted......and ridiculous.
And typical.

Last edited:

Really?

One election, after the Civil Rights Act, after Nixon supposedly started flipped the southern racists, thus disproving your claims.

If not for the "racist southerns" Carter would have carried just 10 states out of 50, many of them tiny.

Yet, Jimmy Carter was a supporter of Civil Rights.

Your blatent misrepresentation of the real reason that the war was actually fought is noted......and ridiculous.
And typical.

Oh? Are you claiming the Civil War was not about slavery?

And typical.

Of course not. It was about states rights and industrializing the entire country and preserving the United States. The South wanted toveven expand slavery to western territories and the North wanted to preserve a predominately white labor force.

Slavery was an inconvienient hinderance in the way of progress.

The fact that slaves were freed was only a necessary by product of the process.

Really?

One election, after the Civil Rights Act, after Nixon supposedly started flipped the southern racists, thus disproving your claims.

If not for the "racist southerns" Carter would have carried just 10 states out of 50, many of them tiny.

Jimmy Carter was a southern farmer by trade. He was from the south and appealed to the rural masses of the southern region.

The fact that he was a supporter of civil rights was pivotal in him obtaining 92% of the black vote.

Last edited:

And typical.

Of course not. It was about industrializing the entire country and preserving the United States. Slavery wss an inconvienient hinderance in the way of progress.

In Lincoln's own words..."I can think of no greater calamity than the assimilation of blacks into society as the white mans equal".

There was no "humanitarian sacrifice"

Lincoln was well know as a rabid Abolitionist and the voters knew that and knew that the South would resist.

His attempts of diplomacy with the Southerns, whom he conquered and ruined, should be taken with a large grain of salt.

The soldiers of the North were not stupid. THey knew that slavery was the cause of the war, and they supported LIncoln enough to fight and die for him.

And typical.

Of course not. It was about states rights and industrializing the entire country and preserving the United States. The South wanted toveven expand slavery to western territories and the North wanted to preserve a predominately white labor force.

Slavery was an inconvienient hinderance in the way of progress.

Really?

Jimmy Carter was a southern farmer by trade. He was from the south and appealed to the rural masses of the southern region.

The fact that he was a supporter of civil rights was pivotal in him obtaining 92% of the black vote.

If the South was HALF as racist as you claim, those rural masses would have been turned off by his support of civil rights.

Instead the rural areas and the older voters where were his support was strongest, among white voters.

Slavery should have ended automatically, after 1808. Whose fault was it, that did not happen?
Slavery Saved Them From Savagery

The "fault" of those who didn't want to turn the whole country into a Detroit.
Like I said; just lousy management. Labor is not getting paid to manage that City.

And typical.

It was a Cause; the North should have insisted on an Order to Show Cause before Congress, assembled, to get some results instead of making excuses.

Forum List

Back