Should Casebolt Have Shot the Kids who Charged At Him ?

I think we are tying the hands of police officers if we side with the people who are not respectfully dealing with the police. those are our law enforcers and we can't allow the criminals to have the upper hand. everyone in that video should be charged. anyone acting a fool
Correct. Amazing that anyone would/could disagree with this, but then we have a propaganda campaign coming from Obama, Sharpton et al, to set a cop-hater tone, and millions of young Blacks are getting sucked into the scam (to stimulate the black voting base and generate VOTES for Democrats)

As I said, your bigotry could not be more clear. You prove it time and time again.

I think we are tying the hands of police officers if we side with the people who are not respectfully dealing with the police. those are our law enforcers and we can't allow the criminals to have the upper hand. everyone in that video should be charged. anyone acting a fool
Correct. Amazing that anyone would/could disagree with this, but then we have a propaganda campaign coming from Obama, Sharpton et al, to set a cop-hater tone, and millions of young Blacks are getting sucked into the scam (to stimulate the black voting base and generate VOTES for Democrats)

As I said, your bigotry could not be more clear. You prove it time and time again.

How can you say that about Pro? The whole event was Obama's fault!

To me, its better to be judged by twelve instead of being carried by six.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. If the person charging you does not have any good intentions, what is a person supposed to do, just stand there and let the charger do whatever they want? I do not think so and if shooting the charger is what has to be done in order to stop them, well then so be it.

What a contradiction: "God bless you!", and "I'll shoot someone who is running at me."
To me, the Lord died to save us from a horrible fate and so when someone intends to have that happen to us anyways, I don't believe that we are supposed to stand there and let the Lord's hard work go to waste.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

To me, its better to be judged by twelve instead of being carried by six.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. If the person charging you does not have any good intentions, what is a person supposed to do, just stand there and let the charger do whatever they want? I do not think so and if shooting the charger is what has to be done in order to stop them, well then so be it.

What a contradiction: "God bless you!", and "I'll shoot someone who is running at me."
To me, the Lord died to save us from a horrible fate and so when someone intends to have that happen to us anyways, I don't believe that we are supposed to stand there and let the Lord's hard work go to waste.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Damn! I thought that Jesus died for our redemption. I did not know that it had anything to do with protecting us from 15 year old bikini clad teenagers!

^^^ If they were to have gotten a hold of his gun, they wouldn't be just 15 year old bikini clad teenagers. They would then be armed 15 year old bikini clad teenagers.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. What makes you think that they wouldn't have taken his gun and shot him with it if they had been given the ability to take it from him by tackling him to the ground? If anyone has to be shot, why should it be the cop when they are not who creates these situations in the first place? When they get notified about a problem, their job is to clear it up and sadly when words are not enough, not taking action at all will only make things worse. Why should the trouble makers be who wins if there has to be any kind of a face off?

Last edited:
^^^ If they were to have gotten a hold of his gun, they wouldn't be just 15 year old bikini clad teenagers. They would then be armed 15 year old bikini clad teenagers.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. What makes you think that they wouldn't have taken his gun and shot him with it if they had been given the ability to take it from him by tackling him to the ground? If anyone has to be shot, why should it be the cop when they are not who creates these situations in the first place? When they get notified about a problem, their job is to clear it up and sadly when words are not enough, not taking action at all will only make things worse. Why should the trouble makers be who wins if there has to be any kind of a face off?

To which trouble makers are you referring? Because the teenagers were invited guests, and a white woman was shouting racial epithets at them.

^^^ When cops show up anywhere for whatever reason, if they catch anything wrong being done, they are not going to stand there and let it continue and any attitude that you give them in return will only dig your hole deeper.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I suspect in my white culture we wouldn't act like that around police officers. I went to college and we were respectful and afraid of the police. like it or not if they say you're under arrest you have to comply. and I might scream at them that's not right when they're arresting my friend and throwing him face down on the ground but that's all I'm going to do is yell from a distant I would never physically aggressively approach a police officer unless I was looking to go to jail or die

Police officers don't always warrant respect and some citizens are just bold enough to call a bad cop on it; which they have a right to do! However,those who do speak up or defend themselves risk being killed or assaulted. They could be right in voicing their convictions but could end up being "dead" right. That freedom of speech law gets a little fuzzy in those circumstances, doesn't it? States and municipalities legislate laws to favor the cop in just about every circumstance imaginable. Variations of the disorderly conduct laws are ubiquitous and can be assigned to any behavior cops want then to. That's the catchall that was highly effective when someone talked back or stood up for themselves when the cop infringed on their liberties in some way. Most people, including cops , might not know it but citizens have the right to protest illegal arrest and to resist it with force if need be. Consider the following :

“An illegal arrest is an assault and battery. The person so attempted to be restrained of his liberty has the same right to use force in defending himself as he would in repelling any other assault and battery.” (State v. Robinson, 145 ME. 77, 72 ATL. 260).

City or municipal cops seem to be the worst offenders when it comes to police brutality. Perhaps it is because they interface with more people on a day to day basis. I suppose many officers get burned out and jaded by constantly dealing with low-life thugs all the time. So, some do have a hard time differentiating between hardened thugs and occasional miscreants; especially when dealing with black teenagers and young adults. For decades cops didn't seem to see the difference and were not going to try. That is, until cell phone cameras became so ubiquitous. That has made a difference.

Several high profile cases of police brutality have been dealt with positively based on cell phone footage; including the Texas Pool party incident. Without that cell phone factor, the advantage would all be in favor of the cop and his fellow cops. Now, if people were fully aware of their Constitutional rights and were armed with cell phone cameras and a weapon. kinds like those folks in Arizona who drew down on the feds without repercussions over the Bundy ranch incident, I think abuses would diminish considerably.

“Citizens may resist unlawful arrest to the point of taking an arresting officer's life if necessary.” Plummer v. State, 136 Ind. 306. This premise was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States in the case: John Bad Elk v. U.S., 177 U.S. 529.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I play water volleyball 4 days per week, 2 hours per day. I discovered rather quickly, that is is probably best not to wear your firearm while in the swimming pool. I strongly suspect that I am not the only person that knows this.

Last edited:
I suspect in my white culture we wouldn't act like that around police officers. I went to college and we were respectful and afraid of the police. like it or not if they say you're under arrest you have to comply. and I might scream at them that's not right when they're arresting my friend and throwing him face down on the ground but that's all I'm going to do is yell from a distant I would never physically aggressively approach a police officer unless I was looking to go to jail or die

Police officers don't always warrant respect and some citizens are just bold enough to call a bad cop on it; which they have a right to do! However,those who do speak up or defend themselves risk being killed or assaulted. They could be right in voicing their convictions but could end up being "dead" right. That freedom of speech law gets a little fuzzy in those circumstances, doesn't it? States and municipalities legislate laws to favor the cop in just about every circumstance imaginable. Variations of the disorderly conduct laws are ubiquitous and can be assigned to any behavior cops want then to. That's the catchall that was highly effective when someone talked back or stood up for themselves when the cop infringed on their liberties in some way. Most people, including cops , might not know it but citizens have the right to protest illegal arrest and to resist it with force if need be. Consider the following :

“An illegal arrest is an assault and battery. The person so attempted to be restrained of his liberty has the same right to use force in defending himself as he would in repelling any other assault and battery.” (State v. Robinson, 145 ME. 77, 72 ATL. 260).

City or municipal cops seem to be the worst offenders when it comes to police brutality. Perhaps it is because they interface with more people on a day to day basis. I suppose many officers get burned out and jaded by constantly dealing with low-life thugs all the time. So, some do have a hard time differentiating between hardened thugs and occasional miscreants; especially when dealing with black teenagers and young adults. For decades cops didn't seem to see the difference and were not going to try. That is, until cell phone cameras became so ubiquitous. That has made a difference.

Several high profile cases of police brutality have been dealt with positively based on cell phone footage; including the Texas Pool party incident. Without that cell phone factor, the advantage would all be in favor of the cop and his fellow cops. Now, if people were fully aware of their Constitutional rights and were armed with cell phone cameras and a weapon. kinds like those folks in Arizona who drew down on the feds without repercussions over the Bundy ranch incident, I think abuses would diminish considerably.

“Citizens may resist unlawful arrest to the point of taking an arresting officer's life if necessary.” Plummer v. State, 136 Ind. 306. This premise was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States in the case: John Bad Elk v. U.S., 177 U.S. 529.
remember Waco Texas? we can debate all day whether they had the right to be doing what they were doing but ultimately the law went in and burn the place down and I don't think any law enforcement officers were punished for doing what they did. I cannot imagine somebody taking a police officer's life and them not being thrown in jail for the rest of their lives for doing it. I don't have time to read all the details of the cases that you quoted but I'm sure the circumstances were usual. if a police officer says you're under arrest right or wrong put your hands behind your back go to jail and fight it in court. I wouldn't advise shooting the police officer

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Thus illustrating the point of the danger and stupidity of individuals 'packing' all the time.

remember Waco Texas? we can debate all day whether they had the right to be doing what they were doing but ultimately the law went in and burn the place down and I don't think any law enforcement officers were punished for doing what they did. I cannot imagine somebody taking a police officer's life and them not being thrown in jail for the rest of their lives for doing it. I don't have time to read all the details of the cases that you quoted but I'm sure the circumstances were usual. if a police officer says you're under arrest right or wrong put your hands behind your back go to jail and fight it in court. I wouldn't advise shooting the police officer

'I think most arrests are lawful. Few of us are ever going to need to protect ourselves against an unlawful arrest. A lone individual trying to evoke that right wouldn't stand a snowball's chance in hell. Large groups of people like those in the Bundy standoff in Arizona have a far better chance of pulling it off and they did; even though there was some legal basis for apprehending Bundy and confiscating his cattle.

Dr. Huey P. Newton, used a cop's own gun to fatally wound him during a traffic stop in Oakland and was tried for manslaughter and sentenced to 15 years prison. Huey claimed he killed the officer in self defense! He was released after several years due to the tremendous impact of the Free Huey movement!

Tupac Shakur shot and wounded two off duty police officer who were drunk and were brandishing weapons stolen from the evidence room. Tupac was exonerated in court.

The Fourth Amendment of the US Constitution has been interpreted by the USSC as the source for the right to be secure in our persons and not be subject to unreasonable search and seizures. Probable Cause to effect an arrest is the determining factor here. In that case, the officer is the one to determine what that probable cause is and does not have to negotiate with an individual about it. However, the manner in which that arrest is carried out is pertinent to it's legality. If a person is not resisting but is simply bad mouthing the cop, is that a reason for the cop to abuse his prisoner? If a cop is beating said prisoner with his lead filled night stick or heavy knuckled gloves and seems to be out of control, is that the time for a person witnessing the incident to step up with deadly force if need be? what if it were a relative of yours?

I agree. One should be extremely prudent when thinking about resisting an unlawful arrest since the majority of us are not indoctrinated in the law enough to really know what probable entails. It is best to comply in most situations, get a lawyer, and use the court to air any grievances you have against the arresting police officer. Do not attempt to resist arrest if you are not a white male with a big ranch and lots of cattle.

One must be very careful about "mouthing off" to a uniformed officer of the law. One might send him into a frenzy of out of control bullying and testosterone overload which could have the impact of making it necessary for his chief to fire him, which would cause hardship for his family.

'I think most arrests are lawful. Few of us are ever going to need to protect ourselves against an unlawful arrest. A lone individual trying to evoke that right wouldn't stand a snowball's chance in hell. Large groups of people like those in the Bundy standoff in Arizona have a far better chance of pulling it off and they did; even though there was some legal basis for apprehending Bundy and confiscating his cattle.

Dr. Huey P. Newton, used a cop's own gun to fatally wound him during a traffic stop in Oakland and was tried for manslaughter and sentenced to 15 years prison. Huey claimed he killed the officer in self defense! He was released after several years due to the tremendous impact of the Free Huey movement!

Tupac Shakur shot and wounded two off duty police officer who were drunk and were brandishing weapons stolen from the evidence room. Tupac was exonerated in court.

The Fourth Amendment of the US Constitution has been interpreted by the USSC as the source for the right to be secure in our persons and not be subject to unreasonable search and seizures. Probable Cause to effect an arrest is the determining factor here. In that case, the officer is the one to determine what that probable cause is and does not have to negotiate with an individual about it. However, the manner in which that arrest is carried out is pertinent to it's legality. If a person is not resisting but is simply bad mouthing the cop, is that a reason for the cop to abuse his prisoner? If a cop is beating said prisoner with his lead filled night stick or heavy knuckled gloves and seems to be out of control, is that the time for a person witnessing the incident to step up with deadly force if need be? what if it were a relative of yours?

I agree. One should be extremely prudent when thinking about resisting an unlawful arrest since the majority of us are not indoctrinated in the law enough to really know what probable entails. It is best to comply in most situations, get a lawyer, and use the court to air any grievances you have against the arresting police officer. Do not attempt to resist arrest if you are not a white male with a big ranch and lots of cattle.

Or more importantly, a lot of radical right wing white friends who are armed to the teeth.

Officer not charged in bikini takedown...
icon_wink.gif

Former Texas Police Officer Won't Be Charged
June 24, 2016 - A grand jury has declined to charge McKinney Police Cpl. Eric Casebolt, who drew his gun on unarmed teenagers at a pool party and threw a 15-year-old girl in a bikini to the ground.
Cpl. Eric Casebolt resigned a year ago this month. He was suspended after the release of a video in which he can be seen aggressively confronting black teenagers in McKinney, a Dallas suburb. The bystander's video, which garnered millions of views on YouTube, showed Casebolt shouting and cursing at teenagers who did not appear to be acting violently or aggressively. Casebolt, who is white, wrestled some black youths to the ground. Officials said residents had called the police to complain about an out-of-control party and fighting. Some teenagers said they had permission to be at the pool and said residents had harassed them.

Protesters called for Casebolt's firing. While city officials condemned the officer's conduct, he was allowed to resign and keep his pension and benefits. The episode fed a national furor over police mistreatment of African Americans. At one point in the video, Casebolt walked up to the 15-year-old in a bikini and wrestled her to the sidewalk, forcing her head down with his hand. Kim T. Cole, a Dallas-area lawyer representing the girl, Dajerria Becton, and her family, said the grand jury's decision not to indict the officer was "no surprise." "We currently live in a time in which the public servants who are hired to protect and serve are not required to uphold the very law they are sworn to enforce," Cole said. "The message is clear. Police are above the law. This must change. They must be held accountable."

texasofficer.576d365b75404.jpg

A grand jury has declined to charge McKinney Police Cpl. Eric Casebolt, who drew his gun on unarmed teenagers at a pool party and threw a 15-year-old girl in a bikini to the ground.​

Casebolt's attorney, Tom Mills, said the former officer was "very happy" about the grand jury's decision. "I'm sure other people are disappointed, but what was presented in the media is not the full picture of what happened. The videos make it seem so bad, that he's grabbing the girl and throwing her on the ground out of nowhere," he said. "Our position was that he had a duty to arrest for criminal trespassing and when she resisted, he had to pull her back."

On Monday the McKinney Police Department announced a meeting with community leaders called "Moving Forward: Strengthening Police and Community Relationships." "Through this forum, we aim to establish another line of communication with citizens to hear directly what they would like to see from their police department," said Police Chief Greg Conley, who is scheduled to attend. "By having citizens working in cooperation with police, we can begin to solve problems in our community."

Former Texas Police Officer Won't Be Charged | Officer.com

See also:

'Bikini Bandit' Sought in Southern California
June 24, 2016 - The Southern California heat is just too much to bear for some -- and apparently even criminals need relief.
Case in point: the bikini bandit. Authorities in Santa Clarita announced Tuesday that they were in search of a woman who sported a bikini during recent break-ins. Clad in two-piece bathing suit, the unidentified woman broke into a locked property in the 28000 block of West Avenue C-6 in Lancaster on June 4, sheriff's deputies said.

bikinibandit.576d3bdc96b07.jpg

Deputies are looking for a woman who sported a bikini during recent break-ins in Lancaster and Lake Hughes, sheriff's officials said.​

Hours later, she entered an unlocked home in 47000 block of Three Points Road in Lake Hughes. In both instances, the woman stole belongings, deputies said. Although temperatures didn't soar over the 100-degree mark on June 4 as they did this week, temperatures reached the mid-90s.

She was believed to be in her 30s, is 5 feet 5 inches tall, weighs 120 pounds and was wearing a yellow bikini bottom and green top. Anyone who has seen the woman and can help detectives identify her is urged to call the Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff's Station at (661) 255-1121, ext. 51565.

'Bikini Bandit' Sought in Southern California | Officer.com

Forum List

Back