Should cheating at competetive online computer games be a crime?

RWNJ

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2015
Think about it. People invest money in these games, and at the very least cheaters are causing emotional distress, plus they have also broken the terms of service for the game; which is a legally binding contract. I'm not saying it should be a felony, but cheaters should be legally penalized somehow. I'm thinking about maybe confiscating their computer for 90 days, or something. What do you think?

Think about it. People invest money in these games, and at the very least cheaters are causing emotional distress, plus they have also broken the terms of service for the game; which is a legally binding contract. I'm not saying it should be a felony, but cheaters should be legally penalized somehow. I'm thinking about maybe confiscating their computer for 90 days, or something. What do you think?

It would be a great way for gaming companies to lose a lot of customers and money most online gamers have at some point at least experimented with cheats.

• Banned

It would be a great way for gaming companies to lose a lot of customers and money most online gamers have at some point at least experimented with cheats.
Not most of them. In fact, it's a small minority who cheat.

Forum List

Back