Should Churches Be Forced to Accomodate for Homosexual Adoptions?

Should Churches Be Forced to Accomodate For Homosexual Adoptions?

• Yes, if they hold general public accomodation they will have to adopt to gay couples

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
#2 Adoption agencies run by religious organizations are a separate non-profit organization that facilitates the coming together of prospective parents and children in need of parents.

If the separate agency is run by the church, it is not wrong to call the agency "the church."

It would be inaccurate and untrue- whether or not it is 'wrong' would be an interpretation- I personally find innaccurate and untrue' to be wrong.

You are all being silly. It is just a short and varied way to refer to the agency instead of using the agency's name all the time. It is called writing.

Actually its an attempt to elicit an emotional response.

>>>

That is a judgment on your part.

#2 Adoption agencies run by religious organizations are a separate non-profit organization that facilitates the coming together of prospective parents and children in need of parents.

If the separate agency is run by the church, it is not wrong to call the agency "the church."

So we should call Catholic Hospitals "Churches"???

>>>>

An adoption agency is not a hospital and since a hospital could obviously never be a church then no. But again, if an agency is run by the church, it is not grammatically wrong to call it "the church."

It would be inaccurate and untrue- whether or not it is 'wrong' would be an interpretation- I personally find innaccurate and untrue' to be wrong.

You are all being silly. It is just a short and varied way to refer to the agency instead of using the agency's name all the time. It is called writing.

I don't find being accurate and honest 'silly'.

Use your imagination. It is more fun.

When it comes to facts, I prefer accurate and honesty over imagination.

>>>>

An adoption agency is not a hospital and since a hospital could obviously never be a church then no. But again, if an agency is run by the church, it is not grammatically wrong to call it "the church."

Calling it the church is just an informality. If you do not understand informalities, I cannot help you.

It is when the religious organization wants taxpayer money. If they do, they don't get to discriminate. If they want to keep gays from adopting, they must exist on private funds.

No, it is a moral debate also. Or are you without morals?
Some people have better morals than a church that would torture children for political reasons.

It is not a political reason, and no children are being tortured.
It is when the religious organization wants taxpayer money. If they do, they don't get to discriminate. If they want to keep gays from adopting, they must exist on private funds.

Some people have better morals than a church that would torture children for political reasons.

It absolutely is a political reason.

How is it not a political reason?

How is a church political?

Involving itself in politics makes them political.

And being denied parents because some church marm doesn't like them is abusive.

Hundreds or thousands of children will be denied parents when Catholic Charities closes down.

Hundreds or thousands of children will be denied parents when Catholic Charities closes down.
Well if they would put their politics aside they wouldn't have to abandon those children.

If only the heterosexual parents of those children had not abandoned them in the first place.........

That was a shame.
What is more of a shame would be if the Catholic church threw all those children in the streets to prove a point. It would be hypocritical as well considering the past hundred years of child abuse.

>>>>

Calling it the church is just an informality. If you do not understand informalities, I cannot help you.

Or a lie.

>>>>

Or a lie.
Especially after this.

Irish church faces questions over mass grave - Al Jazeera English

Almost 800 dead children stuffed in a septic tank. The Catholic church ought not be allowed to care for children. The crime these babies committed, being born to unwed mothers.

Especially after this.

Irish church faces questions over mass grave - Al Jazeera English

Almost 800 dead children stuffed in a septic tank. The Catholic church ought not be allowed to care for children. The crime these babies committed, being born to unwed mothers.

Church leaders in Galway, western Ireland, said they had no idea so many children who died at the orphanage had been buried there, and said they would support local efforts to mark the spot with a plaque listing all 796 children..

I clicked on the link to the hyperbole you posted and found this in the article:

County Galway death records showed that the children, mostly babies and toddlers, died often of sickness or disease in the orphanage during the 35 years it operated from 1926 to 1961...A 1944 government inspection recorded evidence of malnutrition among some of the 271 children then living in the Tuam orphanage alongside 61 unwed mothers. The death records cite sicknesses, diseases, deformities and premature births as causes

The Great Depression struck in the 1930s. Then there was Great Britain's notorious food-rationing during WWII. An orphange is always strapped for cash. I'll bet you most of the deaths there occured during the 1930s & 40s. I'll bet the house on it. Before you announce that the catholic church is at fault, read the very article you linked to...

...idiot... :cuckoo:

Catholic charities have done more good for this world that the cult of LGBT. You berate them for doing their best under conditions they could not control. Meanwhile your "church" promotes gay sex to kids in school via your czar Kevin Jennings...and the numbers of "gay boys" who are coming down with HIV at ages 13-24 keep rising upwards in an exponential curve. What about those preventable deaths?

I'm sure gay-run orphanages would always be a better bet for youngsters than the catholic charities.. dumbass..

Last edited:
I'm sure gay-run orphanages would always be a better bet for youngsters than the catholic charities.. dumbass..

Clearly you haven't been following the story- the very tragic story- of Ireland- and how Ireland left the Catholic Church in charge of unmarried mothers and orphans.

I am not anti-Catholic- but I agree with this headline:

Now-infamous Irish unwed mothers 8217 center was 8216 evil 8217 orphanage for American man - The Washington Post

Now-infamous Irish unwed mothers’ center was ‘evil’ orphanage for American man

Peter Ferris Cochran is a tall, tanned North Carolina man who likes his blazers colorful, his trucks big and, if conditions are to his liking, his head shielded by a baseball hat. He speaks in a slow drawl that immediately identifies him as a Southerner, and once owned a successful business called Cochran & Associates in the North Carolina beach town of Emerald Isle.

Nothing about Cochran would alert those around him of the unusual circumstances under which he came into this world. That his name was once Andrew Michael Gallagher. That, by birth, he’s not a Southerner or even an American. That he’s Irish, born in 1957 in the now-infamous Tuam center for unwed mothers in western Ireland, where the remains of nearly 800 babies — 796 according to one historian’s estimates — may have been discarded in a massive septic tank. The full extent of what happened is now the subject of investigation, with authorities using ground sensor equipment to explore the tank.

“This was the information I’ve grown with over the last 50 years, and of every bit I knew was that this was a very evil orphanage,” he said Sunday afternoon in a phone interview. “It was evil for the orphans and it was evil for the unwed mothers. My mother was persecuted for out-of-wedlock sex, and the Catholic Church was just adamant about celibacy before marriage.

In the past week, as the world learned more about the Tuam center called “The Home,” the hashtag #800deadbabies clogged Twitter as officials scrambled to respond to the ballooning crisis.

Irish Prime Minister Enda Kenny wondered whether “there are other” mass graves. The second-highest church official in the country conceded more graves like Tuam’s will likely emerge. “The indications are that if something happened in Tuam, it probably happened in other mother-and-baby homes around the country,” Diarmuid Martin, the archbishop of Dublin, told Irish state radio.

Singer Sinead O’Connor, who often has inveighed against the Catholic Church and once stayed in a similar home for young women, demanded a deeper investigation into local government officials who may have known about the mass graves and did nothing. “This has been the darkest secret of the church that hasn’t come out until now,” she told The Washington Post. “Did anyone collude in covering up a crime?”

While Ireland tried to place the discovery into the broader context of its complicated national history, Cochran sat a computer over the weekend, reading the stories, trying to place it into his own history. He had known about a mass grave of children at Tuam for years — but not that it contained hundreds of bodies.

He remembers nothing of his time in the home. What he knows of his early life is a poorly stitched tapestry of bits dropped by his adopted family, the Cochrans, and a thick folder of documents he’s collected over the years, some of which The Washington Post has reviewed. After he said his adopted parents paid $25,000 to a Catholic church in Englewood, N.J., he arrived in the United States on St. Patrick’s Day in 1959. According to Irish records reported by Irish Central, babies at the Home were “emaciated” and “pot-bellied” — and that’s how Cochran came to America.

His sister, Debby Cochran, who was 3 when her new brother appeared, remembers their mother’s stories of Cochran’s first days out of the Home. “Pete was potbellied, spindly arms and legs with no muscle development, a seemingly burned tongue and a skin condition on his bottom, where hunks of skin simply peeled away,” she wrote in a Facebook post. “Pete couldn’t be held because most likely he had never been held.”

"County Galway death records showed that the children, mostly babies and toddlers, died often of sickness or disease in the orphanage during the 35 years it operated from 1926 to 1961...A 1944 government inspection recorded evidence of malnutrition among some of the 271 children then living in the Tuam orphanage alongside 61 unwed mothers. The death records cite sicknesses, diseases, deformities and premature births as causes..."

The Great Depression struck in the 1930s. Then there was Great Britain's notorious food-rationing during WWII. An orphange is always strapped for cash. I'll bet you most of the deaths there occured during the 1930s & 40s. I'll bet the house on it. Before you announce that the catholic church is at fault, read the very article you linked to...

Catholic charities have done more good for this world than the cult of LGBT. You berate them for doing their best under conditions they could not control.

Meanwhile your "church" promotes gay sex to kids in school via your czar Kevin Jennings...and the numbers of "gay boys" who are coming down with HIV at ages 13-24 keep rising upwards in an exponential curve. What about those preventable deaths?
I'm sure gay-run orphanages would always be a better bet for youngsters than the catholic charities.. dumbass.

The only reason they gave and the only reason anyone could EVER come up with is that it violates their most sacred beliefs, so again, how does that make what they are doing political? At best, you could say they are performing a CIVIL service and have to abide by bureaucratic rules but nothing further.

If it had been political, they would have, like you say, worked somehow as a lobbyist does, instead of suing. That does not happen. Give me one way they worked as a "lobbyist."

"County Galway death records showed that the children, mostly babies and toddlers, died often of sickness or disease in the orphanage during the 35 years it operated from 1926 to 1961...A 1944 government inspection recorded evidence of malnutrition among some of the 271 children then living in the Tuam orphanage alongside 61 unwed mothers. The death records cite sicknesses, diseases, deformities and premature births as causes..."

Catholic charities have done more good for this world than the cult of LGBT. You berate them for doing their best under conditions they could not control.

Meanwhile your "church" promotes gay sex to kids in school via your czar Kevin Jennings...and the numbers of "gay boys" who are coming down with HIV at ages 13-24 keep rising upwards in an exponential curve. What about those preventable deaths?
I'm sure gay-run orphanages would always be a better bet for youngsters than the catholic charities.. dumbass.

So you just casually ignore the malnutrition of a child born in 1957- by spouting gibberish about the 1930's?

I have no church- but I can show examples after examples of heterosexuals who have abandoned their children- and Catholics who have mistreated them.

Catholic Church shamed by Irish abuse report - World news - Europe NBC News

She spent the first 18 years of her life in a Dublin orphanage where she said children were forced to manufacture rosaries — and were humiliated, beaten and raped whether they achieved their quota or not. She didn't track down her parents, an Irish mother and Nigerian father, until her 40s, when she became one of the first to break silence and demand justice for her stolen youth.

"I didn't have a childhood," said Buckley, who recalled being constantly cold and hungry. She was severely beaten by a nun for trying to smuggle out a letter detailing the abuse, she said — which included being forced by nuns to have a "date" with a pedophile on staff.

>>>>

Or a lie.

You can take it anyway you want. It is a free country.

If only the heterosexual parents of those children had not abandoned them in the first place.........

That was a shame.
What is more of a shame would be if the Catholic church threw all those children in the streets to prove a point. It would be hypocritical as well considering the past hundred years of child abuse.

They are not being given children anymore by the state. How can they throw them in the street? :lol:

Well if they would put their politics aside they wouldn't have to abandon those children.

If anyone is at fault for abandoned children, it is the state.

The only reason they gave and the only reason anyone could EVER come up with is that it violates their most sacred beliefs, so again, how does that make what they are doing political? At best, you could say they are performing a CIVIL service and have to abide by bureaucratic rules but nothing further.

If it had been political, they would have, like you say, worked somehow as a lobbyist does, instead of suing. That does not happen. Give me one way they worked as a "lobbyist."
So the central belief to Catholicism is that gays don't deserve children? That is strange, I thought it was that Jesus is the savior.

By not letting people adopt children over political reasons and cowardly hiding behind false religious doctrine they have engaged in politics. They have been involved in politics since the second century.

That was a shame.

They are not being given children anymore by the state.
Wise dicision on the state's part.

How can they throw them in the street? :lol:
I wasn't aware, but finally the state has found them to be the monster they are.

Forum List

Back