Should football be banned in this country? ONLY FOOTBALL too, not other sports.

Should football, and ONLY FOOTBALL be banned in this country?

• Yes, of course. Too mean and rough. 99% of everyone that have once played the sport have CTE!!

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No, since every sport would need to be banned that are prone to concussions.

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
It has been rather obvious that the media's crusade against football (for some reason only football) is not going to stop.99% of ALL players that played FOOTBALL suffer from CTE? Yeap. It is certainly what ESPN wants, right? It is conclusive, football is too dangerous for everyone. There is no debate anymore. 99%! Now, just because concussions happen in other sports, that really does not matter. I mean, apparently it does not matter. Right?

So, seriously. Should football be banned in this country. ONLY FOOTBALL too, since even though concussions do happen in other sports, those other sports are not FOOTBALL. So.....

Well, what do you think? Should we boycott football, since 99% of ALL players that play FOOTBALL have CTE? Explain why? Also, if not banned, then tell us exactly why the media has this annual crusade against ONLY FOOTBALL about CTE?

Why ban football?

-Geaux
Cause it is all mean and stuff.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-32004-1360609892-4.gif

Thanks for the clarification

-Geaux

It has been rather obvious that the media's crusade against football (for some reason only football) is not going to stop.99% of ALL players that played FOOTBALL suffer from CTE? Yeap. It is certainly what ESPN wants, right? It is conclusive, football is too dangerous for everyone. There is no debate anymore. 99%! Now, just because concussions happen in other sports, that really does not matter. I mean, apparently it does not matter. Right?

So, seriously. Should football be banned in this country. ONLY FOOTBALL too, since even though concussions do happen in other sports, those other sports are not FOOTBALL. So.....

Well, what do you think? Should we boycott football, since 99% of ALL players that play FOOTBALL have CTE? Explain why? Also, if not banned, then tell us exactly why the media has this annual crusade against ONLY FOOTBALL about CTE?

Why ban football?

-Geaux
Cause it is all mean and stuff.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-32004-1360609892-4.gif

Thanks for the clarification

-Geaux
Maybe libs like strolling bones would enjoy watching sync dancing as a sport on Sundays during the fall.

giphy.gif

Sports in general are good for the soul, drives the competitive spirit and builds a persons character as they experience how to lose (while trying to win).

You are not allowed head on head hitting anymore and they are trying to improve the harm done to the body. It also comes down to respect for one another, I think this is the biggest factor. If players go out with an attempt to harm their opponent and place "winning at all costs" above sprotsmanship, competitors health and the rules, then players will get hurt. There needs to be consequences for anyone playing dirty.

The NHL have many concussion problems, from it's biggest stars also. Sidney Crosby has had multiple concussions, one occurred in this least years playoffs when he returned fairly quickly and won the Stanley Cup. It's certainly not just football, and NHL players are skating 100 miles an hour! Some former fighters have committed suicide, and there are suspicions about the emotional and physical toll their roles took on them over the years on top of the constant bodychecking.

In the end sports are far too valuable to simply ban something because of a few isolated issues. Learn from these incidents, but don't ban the sport.

owl why do you think that is entertaining? you must have wanted to see that yourself......since you posted it...

again playing football is a matter of personal choice....its up to each person or parent to decide...well informed people makes their decisions on facts not emotions.....

The rules in football have been evolving over the years for a variety of reasons. Ever since the 70s & 80s the pros have been gradually changing the rules of the game to encourage the passing game because that is what the fans want to see. They want a more fast-paced and exciting game. Quarterbacks might as well be wearing skirts, defensive backs get penalized for punishing receivers. etc. etc.

It's nothing like when I played back in high school. I was defensive captain and we would all get jacked up on LSD, PCP, crystal meth, (cocaine if it was around) or whatever. We would pass around doobies laced with angel dust in the huddles right on the field during Friday night games. Or whatever else and just fuck people up. Put them in the hospital. Then after the game we would have orgies with the cheerleaders.

Good times.

Football will not have to be banned

Unless they get a grip on CTE, they will wither and die

1. Insurance companies will charge exhorbatant rates to Pee Wee, HS and College programs

2. Parents will steer their children into other sports

I have a theory: Maybe we're going in the wrong direction with football helmets.

Maybe they should have far less protection so they'll avoid using their heads altogether.

These guys are too big, too strong, too fast, too motivated. The human brain simply is not built for that combination.
1930s-40s-SPALDING-Leather-Football-Helmet-_1.jpg

I have a theory: Maybe we're going in the wrong direction with football helmets.

Maybe they should have far less protection so they'll avoid using their heads altogether.

These guys are too big, too strong, too fast, too motivated. The human brain simply is not built for that combination.
1930s-40s-SPALDING-Leather-Football-Helmet-_1.jpg
I agree

When I grew up in the 60s and 70s you never saw stories of football players with dementia. Plenty of stories about punch drunk boxers but all you saw on retired football players was knees and backs that left them crippled

Players are too big, too fast and too strong for the head to take it

When people post about "the pussification of America" and such it seems ridiculous...

...until you read some of the posts here...

When people post about "the pussification of America" and such it seems ridiculous...

...until you read some of the posts here...

Is being concerned about an injury that leads to dementia being a pussy?

Suck it up boy...we got a game to win

It's nothing like when I played back in high school. I was defensive captain and we would all get jacked up on LSD, PCP, crystal meth, (cocaine if it was around) or whatever. We would pass around doobies laced with angel dust in the huddles right on the field during Friday night games. Or whatever else and just fuck people up. Put them in the hospital. Then after the game we would have orgies with the cheerleaders.

Ah -- life in an all male school.

Forum List

Back