Should Pro-Palestinian Protests Be Banned In America ?

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
In Europe, various countries (France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Hungary, etc) have banned pro-Palestinian protests. In the US, however, pro-Palestinian protests are sweeping the country on college campuses, and now spreading into public parks. These protests now include vandalism to statues and other public monuments, as well as spray painting anti-American slogans on both public & private buildings.

The more these illegalities are being tolerated, they more they grow larger. Very large numbers of police have been sent to deal with these protests, thereby reducing police protection for taxpayers. How many people are being crime victimized now due to reduced police presence ?

Is it time to follow the path of the Europeans, and ban these things alltogether ? Might not be a bad idea to ban the wearing of keffiyehs too, a traditional Palestinian scarf, now being associated with Hamas, and commonly being worn by pro-Palestinian protesters.

In Europe, various countries (France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Hungary, etc) have banned pro-Palestinian protests. In the US, however, pro-Palestinian protests are sweeping the country on college campuses, and now spreading into public parks. These protests now include vandalism to statues and other public monuments, as well as spray painting anti-American slogans on both public & private buildings.

The more these illegalities are being tolerated, they more they grow larger. Very large numbers of police have been sent to deal with these protests, thereby reducing police protection for taxpayers. How many people are being crime victimized now due to reduced police presence ?

Is it time to follow the path of the Europeans, and ban these things alltogether ? Might not be a bad idea to ban the wearing of keffiyehs too, a traditional Palestinian scarf, now being associated with Hamas, and commonly being worn by pro-Palestinian protesters.

Hamas has taken over the democrat party.

So, even if you wanted to ban the protests, you won't be able to get around them.

As much as I'm against the anti-Israel movement in the United States .. they should not be banned. Free speech can often be offensive and / or unsavory, which is the beauty of the First Amendment; however, once violence takes place, which is a reoccurring pattern we are seeing, each violent anti-Israel gathering should be terminated.

I hope they keep it up .. it's not helping ol' joe!

I think the organization and funding of them should be investigated as the attempt to destabilize America that they are.

I agree.

It has done the world a lot of good to see just how far the Left has sunk.

They are literally Nazis in action as they sing gas the Jews

I've always said, it's better to know than not know what is going on around you.
😂 Yur funny

As much as I'm against the anti-Israel movement in the United States .. they should not be banned. Free speech can often be offensive and / or unsavory, which is the beauty of the First Amendment; however, once violence takes place, which is a reoccurring pattern we are seeing, each violent anti-Israel gathering should be terminated.

I hope they keep it up .. it's not helping ol' joe!
There's more to it than that. Too many police are being taken away from patrol. Too many $$$ taken away from other needs.

Plus not all speech is free. Wasn't there something about hate speech ? I've never seen more of it, than in these "protests'.

As long Pro-Israeli demonstrations are banned as well. Please reference, "Freedom of Assembly" as listed in the U.S. Bill of Rights. Please reference "Petiton For Redress of Grievances" also as listed in the U.S. Bill of Rights. And last but never least, "Freedom of Speech" as listed in the U.S. Bill of Rights.

There's more to it than that. Too many police are being taken away from patrol. Too many $$$ taken away from other needs.

Plus not all speech is free. Wasn't there something about hate speech ? I've never seen more of it, than in these "protests'.
Hate speech is a made-up term in the United States .. and a dangerous precedent to follow from other countries that instituted it. Who would define what hate speech is? For example, to the muslims, anti-Israel protests are not hate speech. To Jews it is .. who is right?

The left just needs to eat their own on this .. as it spans two groups that biden desperately needs to win swing states: young voters 30 and under and muslims. The more violence that occurs .. the more constituency will get turned off by biden.

What should be banned are protests that have no permit... it was once against the law to protest without a permit and it seems to me that should still be the case...
Protesting on school grounds would most assuredly be turned down for a permit.... or on bridges and roads... a permit tells you where you can hold a protest and when....
Blocking peoples access to class or work should be considered kidnapping which is a felony with prison time attached...

Let me remind there have plenty of violent "Pro-Israel" demonstrations.

Forum List

Back