Should government employees be prosecuted for leaking classified documents?

Per the link I shared on page 2 of this thread, it sounds pretty serious. But, if he did, he shouldn't face any penalty because, after all, he was doing it to hurt Trump, so it's ok. Right?

Excerpt from the aforementioned article:

• At least two of the memos Comey gave to Richman contain information officials now consider to be classified, according to The Wall Street Journal.
NOW consider classified. Not at the time.
To be determined by a courtroom in the near future................

He released them to start an investigation.......in his own words...........

Generally meetings with the President are at minimal Confidential........Taking them to the PRESS..............wrong protocol...........

He could have went to the Senate intel committee to file a complaint behind closed doors.........

No......he went to CNN
THE COLLUSION NEWS NETWORK.

So everything the president says is confidential?

That’s a little vague to be throwing people in jail .

Then why should someone be thrown in jail over somthing that’s not a big deal.

So you're cool with someone leaking to the press names of, let's say, informants within ISIS and Al Qaeda that are giving us intelligence, right?

Look. It’s one thing if someone is leeking launch codes. That’s a secret . It’s release puts people in danger .

But if it gets out trump likes to be peed on...

Again. What was the classified info Comey leaked ?
Quit falling down the well, comey has a slick Willy up his ass...

Why won’t you tell me what Comey disclosed?
Comey is and always has been in bed with the Clinton’s...
Please stop falling down the well

Really ? He’s a republican , and his random press releases about her dopey emails sunk her president run .

Why would he do that if he was in bed wh Clinton’s ? You idiot .

So you're cool with someone leaking to the press names of, let's say, informants within ISIS and Al Qaeda that are giving us intelligence, right?

Look. It’s one thing if someone is leeking launch codes. That’s a secret . It’s release puts people in danger .

Lol! He ruined Hillary’s campaign! God you righties are so delusional!
Na, He thought Hildabeast already was a shoe in. So he thought he would get it out-of-the-way before the Hildabeast was elected So she would not have to deal with it right from the beginning of her term.
Quit falling down the well...

Really ? He’s a republican , and his random press releases about her dopey emails sunk her president run .

Why would he do that if he was in bed wh Clinton’s ? You idiot .
Na, He is part of the deep state he loves career politicians like the Clintons

Lol! He ruined Hillary’s campaign! God you righties are so delusional!
Na, He thought Hildabeast already was a shoe in. So he thought he would get it out-of-the-way before the Hildabeast was elected So she would not have to deal with it right from the beginning of her term.
Quit falling down the well...

That makes zero sense . I can’t belive you dim
Conservatives believe such rediculous non sense.

Per the link I shared on page 2 of this thread, it sounds pretty serious. But, if he did, he shouldn't face any penalty because, after all, he was doing it to hurt Trump, so it's ok. Right?

• At least two of the memos Comey gave to Richman contain information officials now consider to be classified, according to The Wall Street Journal.

Generally meetings with the President are at minimal Confidential........Taking them to the PRESS..............wrong protocol...........

He could have went to the Senate intel committee to file a complaint behind closed doors.........

No......he went to CNN

Privleged.................information.......yes.........

I went to a very CONFIDENTIAL SCHOOL in the Navy.........signed the documents that would put me under the jail if disclosed.........even on confidential information..........Anything discussed in that school.............was considered to NEVER BE DISCUSSED............

Keeping conversations with the president private is nothing new

High ranking officials have every right to discuss matters of the state with members of the executive branch dept.s...............for advice........for information......to try to find solutions................They are not to be released without permission.......so they can discuss issues......without blabbing it all to the press.

No......he went to CNN

I went to a very CONFIDENTIAL SCHOOL in the Navy.........signed the documents that would put me under the jail if disclosed.........even on confidential information..........Anything discussed in that school.............was considered to NEVER BE DISCUSSED............

High ranking officials have every right to discuss matters of the state with members of the executive branch dept.s...............for advice........for information......to try to find solutions................They are not to be released without permission.......so they can discuss issues......without blabbing it all to the press.

And Timmy is calling you "dim". I wonder if Timmy has any experience in anything. He sounds incredibly ignorant.

No......he went to CNN

And Timmy is calling you "dim". I wonder if Timmy has any experience in anything. He sounds incredibly ignorant.
He's the poster boy for the mentally insane........

Let’s back a minute .

What is a “classified document “ and who decides what is deemed “classified “?
Releasing information is not leaking. And, the People have a Right to Know what is going on in the Public sector.

Take James Comey. He leaked classified materials, right? Should he be prosecuted or should he get a pass? And, if not, then can we agree that any government employee can leak anything they like?

'Clear double standard': As Comey denies illegally leaking memo, others prosecuted for mishandling classified material
So did Strzok and Page, and others according to their texts.

If Democ
Let’s back a minute .

Releasing information is not leaking. And, the People have a Right to Know what is going on in the Public sector.

So there should be no such thing as "classified" or "top secret" material?

I agree they should all be prosecuted.
Take James Comey. He leaked classified materials, right? Should he be prosecuted or should he get a pass? And, if not, then can we agree that any government employee can leak anything they like?

'Clear double standard': As Comey denies illegally leaking memo, others prosecuted for mishandling classified material
So did Strzok and Page, and others according to their texts.

If Democ
Let’s back a minute .

So there should be no such thing as "classified" or "top secret" material?

Here is a piece that discusses the allegations of Comey leaking classified materials.

DOJ watchdog opens investigation into leaked Comey memos containing information that is now classified
So it was classified afterwards not when it occurred.

Comey was the head of the FBI. He makes items classified. He knows
what is considered classified materials.

When he gave out info that he knew would be marked classified at
best he was guilty.

Here is a piece that discusses the allegations of Comey leaking classified materials.

DOJ watchdog opens investigation into leaked Comey memos containing information that is now classified

best he was guilty.
He leaked information about the President acting inappropriately.

That isn't classified information, unless you think the President should be held above the law.

best he was guilty.

If it wasn't classified at the time it sure as hell isn't illegal.

If it wasn't classified at the time it sure as hell isn't illegal.

Somehow I suspect you are speaking outside of your area of expertise. That's what being a partisan hack does to people.

He did not leak any classified information. He released his personal notes on his meetings with Trump. A wise precaution given Trump's propensity to lie.

It was government property and was classified information. You can't spell LIbEral without LIE.

Forum List

Back