Should I take the money?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Just received this text

My name is Chris Frank .. From Indianapolis . If you see this message, it means you are one of the five persons picked at random to receive my donation; your ## was chosen using a spinner. The majority of my fortune has been distributed to various charities and organizations. I willingly chose to give you $150,000 as one of the chosen 10. Text Jackson at +1 442-229-3444.
. He would be delighted to assist you with your donation... Ignore this message if you don't need the help
Thank you

Just received this text

My name is Chris Frank .. From Indianapolis . If you see this message, it means you are one of the five persons picked at random to receive my donation; your ## was chosen using a spinner. The majority of my fortune has been distributed to various charities and organizations. I willingly chose to give you $150,000 as one of the chosen 10. Text Jackson at +1 442-229-3444.
. He would be delighted to assist you with your donation... Ignore this message if you don't need the help
Thank you
It's a trick...PM me for correct phone number~

Just received this text

Thank you

Right now the most common scam texts I am getting are the package ones, and your EZPASS/SunPASS.whateverPass account is suspended.

1721314111280.png

I don’t get it

Am I one of the chosen 5 or chosen 10?

I don’t get it

Just got a new one. an invitation to an "investor group" with a foreign phone number....

The sad thing is it costs the people nothing to send these out, and if one out of 100,000; 500,000; or even 1 Million fall for it, they win.

I don’t get it

Either way, you my friend are amongst an elite group.

Funny, that I recieved one of those the other day on Facebook. Some dude was going around trying to friend me and some of my friends stating that if I send him a $100, I could be in a drawing to win a Million dollars!

I knew t was a scam right off hand. I reported him and blocked him. And told my friends to do the same.

Why pay to win money, you know you may never even get at all?

Just received this text

Thank you
I once had a guy try to scam me when I tried to sell something on Facebook Marketplace. He sent me a check that quite clearly said VOID on it. I think it was his first attempt at the scam.

After I looked and laughed at the check, he called me and wanted to know when i was going to send him the difference between the check and my asking price.

I told him his fraud game needed work and he hung up.

Just received this text

Thank you
LOL He forgot to tell you it is Indianapolis Nigeria

Ok, it's time I made my confession. I was the scammer known as the 'nigerian prince'. Yes it was me and I made billions of dollars from rubes whom I scammed.
But I had a change of heart, and I have repented my scamming ways.
I used my ill-gotten gains to do some good in the world. Due to the rising cost of automobiles, and the high cost of repairs, I now offer an extended automobile warranty service. I do this as a public service for anyone with a vehicle that has less than 200,000 miles.
I have already contacted most of you, but many of you haven't called me back. I just don't understand why.....

I could have been mega wealthy beyond my wildest dreams if only I'd answered the Nigerian guy's e-mail.
..............................................................................................................................

I don’t get it

This would be a spam message that was sent out to whatever phone list they had available.

Forum List

Back