Zone1 Should it be Illegal to Eat Food at The Grocery Store Before Buying it?

Should You Pay For Your Groceries Before Eating Them?

• Total voters
I do eat a grape before I buy a bunch and will not buy the product if it is sour.

I do understand your point, buddy, but on this this is what I do.

If you are buying weighted produce, and eat those grapes before they are weighed, that is stealing. Other than that, very few things are stealing.

If you open a package and consume the contents and throw it away, you are stealing.

If you open a package and consume the Tums because you have a case of heartburn and pay for the whole container, absolutely not.

If you open a candy bar and eat part of it because you are suffering from hypoglycemia, but you keep the wrapper to pay for it, absolutely not.

If you buy a bottle of water and drink it, but keep the bottle and pay for it, absolutely not.

I voted "no" ... I think it's up to the grocer ... throw the wrapper in the cart and pay for it is not stealing unless the sign says it is ... the business is allowed to set the rule, so it shouldn't be a law ... violators get thrown out of the store, but no jail time ... saves tax dollars ...

It seems like that it's stealing to me. After all, what if the person doesn't wind up paying for it?

I've done that at Walmart several times, opened a bag of chips and an energy drink while I'm shopping

And I've always paid for them when I checked out.

It seems like that it's stealing to me. After all, what if the person doesn't wind up paying for it?
and exactly which dictatorial arm of our oppressive commie overlords do you want to enforce these new laws.

i think you should be required to wear a mask and gloves at the salad bar, but why make that a law?

I have never personally done that in my life. One of my first thoughts was, "is one that hungry that they can't exercize a little self.control until they pay for their.groceries?" .

It's stealing. This is a very stupid OP. :rolleyes: Be better.

I agree with you on the fact that it's stealing but what is with the attitude?

If it's stealing, isn't that already illegal?

Yes but the question is do you think that it qualifies for stealing.

i think you should be required to wear a mask and gloves at the salad bar, but why make that a law?

How can you compare it to paying for your food?

Since it’s not yours until after you’ve paid for it, you are stealing if you consume before you pay. It’s a grocery store, not a restaurant.
Plus, there are likely sanitation codes being violated. Makes the store liable.

Agreed but at a restaurant you still have to pay for your meal but I know that a lot of the time it's afterwards which I don't get either because anybody could just dine and dash.

Forum List

Back