Zone1 Should Little Kids Get Homework?

Do You Think That Kids Should Have Homework?

• Total voters
Sure, and ensure those children grasp the concept of writing by assigning homework. Write your name 5-10 times, and often, this is done by tracing with marks to spell your name. Baltimore high-school graduates could have used this as a building block for the high-rate of graduates who aren't proficient in basic writing, reading and math.
Reading assignments should be given as homework instead of taking valuable classroom instruction time. That time should be reserved for reviewing and clarifying the material that they read at home.

An hour for a first grader is pretty ridiculous. 10 minutes - no problem.
First grade homework and fifth grade homework would be vastly different. A good first grade teacher can model the homework to be enjoyable for the student while they are gaining valuable knowledge. Many times the students can't wait to do it and relish the feelings of accomplishment when they finish---tricking them into learning so to speak.

IKR? Horrible parents. And the dummy is BRAGGING about it?

My weak spot was math, and my dad was in the STEM field. (By “weak,” I mean I got a C - unacceptable in my home.) He certainly didn’t DO my homework for me; we sat for at least an hour every night after dinner with him trying to teach me.

I did the same with my oldest for his Spanish homework last year.

Forum List

Back