Should the popular vote be the ultimate decider?

/----/ You're not going by the numbers - you said "percentage" which is misleading because of population growth and how many voted. Go speculate that. BTW you're right on Hildabeast's loss.

Percentages are numbers, buddy. Sorry no one taught you that in High School math.

No, the numbers aren't misleading. Trump got the same slice of the vote that Romney and McCain got... which means largely the same people. He didn't win anyone over.

What happened was that because too many people voted third party, he was able to squeak by in some rust belt states Hillary should have put more resources in, but the polling told her she didn't have to.

No. The EC is one of the best ideas we’ve come up with. I would prefer the President Elect be required to win both the EC as well as the PV. I’d be okay with saying they had to win the PV in 26 states (minimum) as well. Anything short of winning all 3 of those tallies; the House decides.

I would change the entire election system as well but thats not the question before us.
I would change it too.
I would make sure that Democrats couldn't count the votes anywhere. The counting would either be done by some trustworthy unbiased group randomly selected the day of the election so know one will know who is counting, or all done by PC to a central computer to remove the human element and the totals not announced till the winner was decided.
All voting machines would use retinal scanners eliminating multiple votes by the same person and prevent ballot box stuffing.

Questioning the Democrats trustworthiness while your blob lies to your face constantly is hilarious. Retinal scanners? Ok with that.
I take it for what it's worth.
Trump makes a statement and immediately hundreds if not thousands of Democrats in the media start picking it apart.
Then they put their spin on it when they can't find any inaccuracies.
I just find it difficult to believe that a rational person would believe the media or believe Democrats after decades of lying to us.
So in the end, I look at the results.

When Democrats are in charge everything seems to go to shit.
Now that Trump is running the White House the economy is doing great, so the Democrats scream that we must stop it..(all of the prosperity). They want to take their crumbs back. We have to start thinking the way they want us to or they'll attack us wherever we go.

You are either willfully ignorant or just a friggen retard.

Facts are this. The GOP is in charge of the voting procedures in Florida and in Arizona.

The Trump dick suckers like you Shirley are the only ones unaware of the daily lie fest coming out of his White House
Sorry, these were rules they all agreed upon before the election. This only seems to be happening where Democrats control the polls.

The problem seems to be in the way that Democrat election supervisors decide to count the votes. They figured that rules are made to be broken. They are finding thousands of ballots in garages and church basements. The chain of custody is broken on these ballots. The focus is yet again in Broward and Palm Beach counties, the same place Al Gore tried to steal the 2000 election. I'm sure this is happening all over the country, especially in AZ, CA, NY, NJ, MN, WI. It's pretty pathetic when you can't trust the people doing the counting. It undermines the trust in government that is essential for any peaceful society.

https://www.americanthinker.com/art...is_a_clear_and_present_danger_to_america.html

Last edited:
No. The EC is one of the best ideas we’ve come up with. I would prefer the President Elect be required to win both the EC as well as the PV. I’d be okay with saying they had to win the PV in 26 states (minimum) as well. Anything short of winning all 3 of those tallies; the House decides.

I would change the entire election system as well but thats not the question before us.
I would change it too.
I would make sure that Democrats couldn't count the votes anywhere. The counting would either be done by some trustworthy unbiased group randomly selected the day of the election so know one will know who is counting, or all done by PC to a central computer to remove the human element and the totals not announced till the winner was decided.
All voting machines would use retinal scanners eliminating multiple votes by the same person and prevent ballot box stuffing.

Questioning the Democrats trustworthiness while your blob lies to your face constantly is hilarious. Retinal scanners? Ok with that.
Trump makes a statement and immediately hundreds if not thousands of Democrats in the media start picking it apart.
I just find it difficult to believe that a rational person would believe the media or believe Democrats after decades of lying to us.

Now that Trump is running the White House the economy is doing great, so the Democrats scream that we must stop it..(all of the prosperity). They want to take their crumbs back. We have to start thinking the way they want us to or they'll attack us wherever we go.

Facts are this. The GOP is in charge of the voting procedures in Florida and in Arizona.

The Trump dick suckers like you Shirley are the only ones unaware of the daily lie fest coming out of his White House
Sorry, these were rules they all agreed upon before the election. This only seems to be happening where Democrats control the polls.

The problem seems to be in the way that Democrat election supervisors decide to count the votes. They figured that rules are made to be broken. They are finding thousands of ballots in garages and church basements. The chain of custody is broken on these ballots. The focus is yet again in Broward and Palm Beach counties, the same place Al Gore tried to steal the 2000 election. I'm sure this is happening all over the country, especially in AZ, CA, NY, NJ, MN, WI. It's pretty pathetic when you can't trust the people doing the counting. It undermines the trust in government that is essential for any peaceful society.

https://www.americanthinker.com/art...is_a_clear_and_present_danger_to_america.html
and when all that fails, they simply edit the ballot and allow people to vote after the deadline so they can make an emo-plea to a judge that the votes should now count as our processes are too difficult for all *these* people who couldn't pre-vote or make it on election day.

/——/ Facts are boring? We’ll should just take your word on everything. And just because you’re registered to one party does mean that vote is locked in. Dems voted for Trump and some are pubs voted for Hildabeast.

Actually, Trump got the same percentage of the vote that Romney and McCain did. So, um, no. You can speculate all you want, I go by the numbers.

What killed Hillary is that after 25 years of telling people she was "corrupt", too many people voted third party because she "had it in the bag".
Na, she’s a loopy kunt... And her supporters are fucked in the head

/----/ You're not going by the numbers - you said "percentage" which is misleading because of population growth and how many voted. Go speculate that. BTW you're right on Hildabeast's loss.

Percentages are numbers, buddy. Sorry no one taught you that in High School math.

No, the numbers aren't misleading. Trump got the same slice of the vote that Romney and McCain got... which means largely the same people. He didn't win anyone over.

What happened was that because too many people voted third party, he was able to squeak by in some rust belt states Hillary should have put more resources in, but the polling told her she didn't have to.
Lol
Fuck face, More people voted for the conservative/libertarian side...
Candidate Party Popular Votes
Donald J. Trump Republican 62,980,160
Hillary R. Clinton Democratic 65,845,063
Gary Johnson Libertarian 4,488,931
Jill Stein Green 1,457,050

You’re A fucking moron, Obviously more would’ve voted for Donald Trump than Hildabeast if there was no third-party candidate so shut your fucking trap you fucking waste of oxygen.

It’s best if you stay in seclusion in your mothers basement and shut the fuck up

It's not a problem if you live in the smaller state, jackass.

Yeah, it kind of is... How much time did any candidate spend campaigning in Wyoming last cycle?

You're not smarter or better than the Founding Fathers, no, you're not.

I'm much better than the Founding Slave Rapists... to start with, I think Slavery is absolutely wrong. I'm probably smarter, by virtue of the fact I don't think bleeding is a good treatment for Strep Throat....
Lol
With a pure popular vote every candidate would avoid all rural states altogether you silly motherfucker.

You do realize the original slave owners in this country were American Indians?… Your political correctness makes you look like a fucking retard

It's not a problem if you live in the smaller state, jackass.

Yeah, it kind of is... How much time did any candidate spend campaigning in Wyoming last cycle?

You're not smarter or better than the Founding Fathers, no, you're not.

I'm much better than the Founding Slave Rapists... to start with, I think Slavery is absolutely wrong. I'm probably smarter, by virtue of the fact I don't think bleeding is a good treatment for Strep Throat....
Lol
With a pure popular vote every candidate would avoid all rural states altogether you silly motherfucker.

You do realize the original slave owners in this country were American Indians?… Your political correctness makes you look like a fucking retard

No, being a retard is what does that. :abgg2q.jpg:

Lol
Fuck face, More people voted for the conservative/libertarian side...
Candidate Party Popular Votes
Donald J. Trump Republican 62,980,160
Hillary R. Clinton Democratic 65,845,063
Gary Johnson Libertarian 4,488,931
Jill Stein Green 1,457,050

You’re A fucking moron, Obviously more would’ve voted for Donald Trump than Hildabeast if there was no third-party candidate so shut your fucking trap you fucking waste of oxygen.

It’s best if you stay in seclusion in your mothers basement and shut the fuck up
/——/ Now don’t hold back Rustic. Tell him what you really think.

/——/ Oh, since percentages are numbers you’d rather have 75% of $1 than 50% of $100

/——/ Oh, since percentages are numbers you’d rather have 75% of $1 than 50% of $100
Democrats are so dumb they vote against people who delivered a $2500 tax cut and vote for people that promised to give them a $2500 cut in their Healthcare costs, but delivered a $4800 increase in Healthcare costs.

" Mob rule" is a dopey narrative. There is no such thing.

Robespierre is chuckling in Hell.

Actually that's George Orwell. He never dreamed nightmared that Doublethink would take off to this degree.

"Mob rule" is a ludicrous construct on its face. The whole purpose of ANY election, whether it's for President, Mayor, dogcatcher or whether we should all wear cheese wedges on our heads, is to determine what the MAJORITY wants. If after the vote said majority has decided that no, we should not wear cheese wedges on our heads, then it makes NO sense to begin wearing said cheese wedges on the basis that NOT to do so would be acceding to what the vote said and therefore "mob rule". That's utterly absurd, and always has been. May as well quit trying to sell it, as no one is buying this brand of Doublethink.

The fact that all sides have agreed to proceed on the basis of a vote means that what happens as a result CANNOT be "mob rule". Hate to play the part of Captain Obvious but that's what it is and always was.

"War is Peace"
"Freedom is Slavery"
"Ignorance is Strength"
"Elections are 'mob rule'"

CHEESES. :banghead:
so, if the majority of people are fine with the system the way it is, then "mob rules" and we leave it alone. it would also mean a majority of people disagree with you and YOUR doublethink.

For Lefty losing is never an option....
They will all shut the hell up when one of theirs wins that way.

Jo
They want NYC, Chicago, and LA to elect our president.

And the SF Bay Area.

Robespierre is chuckling in Hell.

Actually that's George Orwell. He never dreamed nightmared that Doublethink would take off to this degree.

"Mob rule" is a ludicrous construct on its face. The whole purpose of ANY election, whether it's for President, Mayor, dogcatcher or whether we should all wear cheese wedges on our heads, is to determine what the MAJORITY wants. If after the vote said majority has decided that no, we should not wear cheese wedges on our heads, then it makes NO sense to begin wearing said cheese wedges on the basis that NOT to do so would be acceding to what the vote said and therefore "mob rule". That's utterly absurd, and always has been. May as well quit trying to sell it, as no one is buying this brand of Doublethink.

The fact that all sides have agreed to proceed on the basis of a vote means that what happens as a result CANNOT be "mob rule". Hate to play the part of Captain Obvious but that's what it is and always was.

"War is Peace"
"Freedom is Slavery"
"Ignorance is Strength"

so, if the majority of people are fine with the system the way it is, then "mob rules" and we leave it alone. it would also mean a majority of people disagree with you and YOUR doublethink.

Jo

And the SF Bay Area.

Geography is what it is. Highly populous areas already enjoy the benefit of more electoral votes....thankless pricks.....now they just want total, unopposed dominance. If that's not mob rule....what is it? Might makes right rule? If it wasn't for the agricultural production of those less populated areas the most highly populated areas would go hungry. Perhaps we should reconsider the basis upon which the electoral college votes are apportioned.

Jo

"War is Peace"
"Freedom is Slavery"
"Ignorance is Strength"

Jo

And the SF Bay Area.

Geography is what it is. Highly populous areas already enjoy the benefit of more electoral votes....thankless pricks.....now they just want total, unopposed dominance. If that's not mob rule....what is it? Might makes right rule? If it wasn't for the agricultural production of those less populated areas the most highly populated areas would go hungry. Perhaps we should reconsider the basis upon which the electoral college votes are apportioned.

Jo

Indeed. It's why the Framers designed a Federal Republic of States instead of one giant precinct.

the truth is usually popular. when you favor doing away with the EC you favor letting the big cities choose our presidents, that's a simple fact.
I don't understand how that works. If it is one man, one vote, doesn't that mean that every person who votes in the country, regardless of where they live, has the same say in chosing the Pres? Why would people in the cities have more say than someone living in Idaho?

because there are more of them and they have a different agenda than people living in Idaho, or Montana or Louisiana, or Alabama. Without the EC four states would pick our presidents, Cal, TX, Ny, and Fl...with Cal having the biggest input. The voters in the other 46 would have zero to say about it if those 4 all voted the same way. That's why the founders put the EC in the constitution.
But you think everyone in Cal, TX, NY and FL vote the same way or something?
I don't think that's true. I sure don't see how the EC is supposed to give states equal representation, since my state gets 4 and California gets 55. As a matter of fact, the states you listed are the 4 states with the most electoral votes.
So how does that make Maine equal with California, again? Somehow, I don't think it had anything to do with making it equal. That's the Senate's job.

you explained it and you don't even realize that you did, Cal has more people than several other states combined. the purpose of the EC is to give a voice to every state proportional to its population. the founders foresaw a situation where the more populous states could gang up on the smaller states and virtually vote them out of any say in the federal government.

I am sorry that you and gator don't understand that, its relatively simple.

The irony here:

"the purpose of the EC is to give a voice to every state proportional to its population"

--- is that this is literally what a straight popular vote would do. Without a middleman. And it would do it more effectively. In the case I cited of my own state that gave all of its 15 EVs to Rump even though he got less than 50% of the voters' votes, where I said it would have been more honest to award 8 EVs to Rump and 7 to Clinton, that still would not count the votes for Stein, Johnson et al. But a popular vote would.

Furthermore, as I pointed out directly to you and AFAIK you had no response, simply knowing that the vote would be taken that way would change the whole character of the vote, since now voters for a third (fourth, fifth, etc) party would actually count for something, and the Duopoly forcing most of the electorate to vote against one to block the other, would be eliminated.

if that was done the candidates would only campaign in 4 states Cal, NY, Tx, and FL. mostly in Cal and NY. Those two states could swing the vote if the rest of the country split 50/50.

I understand that you are pissed that the hildebeast lost, but she lost not because of the EC, but because she was/is an old, crooked, lying, unlikeable bitch who ran a stupid campaign.

If 2016 had been based on PV, then Trump would have held huge rallys in Cal and NY and none of us can predict what the outcome would have been.

You just need to get over the butthurt and realize that the EC is not going away, and that crooked Hillary will never be president.

I would change it too.

:th_believecrap:

oh wait, of course you do. You also don’t believe Bin Laden is dead if memory serves.

Oh well.

I would change it too.

oh wait, of course you do. You also don’t believe Bin Laden is dead if memory serves.

Oh well.
I suspect he may not be dead. Judging by the constant examples of fraud that Obama perpetrated on America, I wouldn't be surprised at all, which would explain why they hid the body.

It seems to me we've had this discussion before. If I'm not mistaken the voting system was originally established on a popular vote. It doesn't work, it never did and there's no possibility that human nature will change to the point where it will be possible for it to function in a large nation especially a nation such as we have which is really a collection of smaller nations that have managed to construct what can only be referred to as a non homogenous union.

For one thing a popular only vote system across a federal election violates the original pact made by States when they first formed the Union that would enable each and every state to be fairly represented as a part of that Union.

Jo
Why not?
Every other educated country has a popular vote
a paper written by slave owners and slave rapists is a pathetic thing to go by.
It's 2018 folks

The wishes of uneducated egomaniacs like you would be even more pathetic.

I realize that you think you're morally and intellectually superior to the Founding Fathers. I'm here to tell you that you're not superior in any way to anyone. You do not have the brains to rise above your cultural conditioning, as they did, and you certainly don't have the sack to do it, as they did. No one will ever be building upon anything that ever emanated from YOUR blowhole to improve humanity as a whole. No one will remember what you say five minutes after you stop speaking, let alone two centuries.

Get over yourself.

The Founding Fathers put something in place that is totally different to what exists now.

1920px-PresidentialCounty1788Colorbrewer.gif

Here's the election map of the first Presidential election.

Notice the lack of voting going on except in PA, DE and MA.

Things changed over time, the Constitution has changed over time too.

The Founders put in the amendment process in order for the country to change to meet the requirements of the modern era.

This was their intelligence. To suggest that things remain the same because of the Founders intelligence is rather strange.

It is amazing.
A piece of paper written by slave owners and slave rapists covering 1/10 of the current country being so worshiped. In 2018
I thought I saw where the uk supremes have to retire at 62.
Another concept we should consider

Ironically enough this addressed nothing about what I just posted, so tell us about inability to comprehend.

We have been arguing about it for years and you have yet to acknowledge the damn fact we are 50 separate country's United...most everyone the world over knows Texas , California or flordia.

Not many people know what the hell Hokkaido is or frickin wurzburg

We have been arguing about it for five minutes and I haven't acknowledged it for two reasons --- one, it has nothing to do with what I have posted above, and two, even if [country's] were an actual word, we would NOT be 50 separate ones of them.

B.S. it's been at least 2 years we have been arguing about this and you will never acknowledge the fact we are 50 separate country's ..United

You want to think people have the same values all over America but we don't...a huge difference between a queer in San Francisco and a redneck in Georgia .

Bull The Fuck Shit. I've opined no such thing, ever. Find me a quote and prove me wrong or admit you can't do it and you pulled it out of your ass.

You search for it, this is like the 50 thread on the subject where you claim people are the same across America.

That's like saying Germans are the same as Portuguese..the Italians are the same as brits

View attachment 228994

IT AIN'T MY CLAIM Pussinboots. I don't NEED to "search for it". YOU do. I know exactly what I've posted and apparently you don't.

Once AGAIN ------------ prove me wrong or shut the fuck up. And quit posting like a fucking retard.

I would change it too.

Oh well.
What do you expect from brains that don't know the difference between an adjective and a noun?
Or that we didn't land on the moon?
Socialist benefits going to the old white fart posters heads

We have been arguing about it for years and you have yet to acknowledge the damn fact we are 50 separate country's United...most everyone the world over knows Texas , California or flordia.

Not many people know what the hell Hokkaido is or frickin wurzburg

We have been arguing about it for five minutes and I haven't acknowledged it for two reasons --- one, it has nothing to do with what I have posted above, and two, even if [country's] were an actual word, we would NOT be 50 separate ones of them.

B.S. it's been at least 2 years we have been arguing about this and you will never acknowledge the fact we are 50 separate country's ..United

You want to think people have the same values all over America but we don't...a huge difference between a queer in San Francisco and a redneck in Georgia .

Bull The Fuck Shit. I've opined no such thing, ever. Find me a quote and prove me wrong or admit you can't do it and you pulled it out of your ass.

You search for it, this is like the 50 thread on the subject where you claim people are the same across America.

That's like saying Germans are the same as Portuguese..the Italians are the same as brits

View attachment 228994

IT AIN'T MY CLAIM Pussinboots. I don't NEED to "search for it". YOU do. I know exactly what I've posted and apparently you don't.

Once AGAIN ------------ prove me wrong or shut the fuck up.

No need to be embarrassed you have posted it in numerous threads on the subject, you think a ho in New York City has the same values as a southern lady

Forum List

Back