Should the US spend more on Defense to offset the threat from China+Russia? (Poll)

Should the US spend more on defense to offset the threat from China+Russia?

• Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
Take the 2.4 trillion dollars on welfare, stop paying people to sit on their asses, and use that money for defense. Then maybe more people would join the military since they cant get free money anymore.

$2.4 trillion
The United States spends hundreds of billions of dollars each year on welfare programs1. In fiscal year 2021, the US government spent $2.4 trillion on welfare, including Medicaid and other welfare programs2. State and local governments also spend around $744 billion a year on public welfare programs3.
Totally agree. Welfare programs need to be sent back to the states so they can put lazy bastards to work, and to be sure that the social safety net is managed properly.

The chances of America remaining a super power are increasingly slim. What China has achieved in 30 years, to basically nullify all of the massive lead that America had is astonishing. America had it made and somehow they threw it away.

China focused on toppling the West via tapping into the greed of so many as they know in the end, those same wealthy people will be at the mercy of China, one way or another. They learned the lessons that Russia had learned but didn't perfect.

In what other period in time would an Empire allow a foreign nation to poison their citizens and they not only allow it, but that empire would facilitate it with an open border?

It is truly out of a movie. If you dont get the right people in the U.S government, in the ruling administration, well, "you ain't seen nothing yet".

In 2016 I declared on here that your debt was your greatest national security threat. Here we are 8 years later and it is much worse.

Hope China can sell some of these to the Palestinians, address that imbalance in weapons we have today, not fair Ukraine getting all that free stuff.

1722537561098.png

The chances of America remaining a super power are increasingly slim. What China has achieved in 30 years, to basically nullify all of the massive lead that America had is astonishing. America had it made and somehow they threw it away.

China focused on toppling the West via tapping into the greed of so many as they know in the end, those same wealthy people will be at the mercy of China, one way or another. They learned the lessons that Russia had learned but didn't perfect.

In what other period in time would an Empire allow a foreign nation to poison their citizens and they not only allow it, but that empire would facilitate it with an open border?

It is truly out of a movie. If you dont get the right people in the U.S government, in the ruling administration, well, "you ain't seen nothing yet".

In 2016 I declared on here that your debt was your greatest national security threat. Here we are 8 years later and it is much worse.
Totally agree. Wall Street created the monster that the Defense Department may not be able to handle.
The US is still ahead in space, but not by much.
US submarines are unrivaled.
Can China project military power? Not yet, but soon.
Will China attack Taiwan? They may, to test US resolve.
Xi knows the US, and he knows China, I hope he kicks the can for the next leader to make regarding Taiwan.

I recall that fighting WW1 and WW2 were for the benefit of the free nations of the world. Others not so much.

How are we not the same nation? You make a statement with no proof.

It is my opinion, if you do not agree we are still a free enough country that you are allowed to do so.

Let me ask you this, if the Fed Govt tried to implement the same type of rationing of things like sugar, gasoline, meat, coffee, butter like they did in WWII, how well do you think it would be received in today's America?

Currently the US is spending about 3.5% of GDP on the military.
Interest on the Debt now exceeds Defense spending.
Should the US spend more on Defense, or on Social and Green initiatives, or on paying down the $35T Debt?
IMHO we need a major revenue increase, say a tax on financial transactions, plus a Remittance Tax on money sent out of the US, plus tariffs, plus....

US will lose future war against China, Russia, says Defense Strategy Commission. Here is report in detail​

View attachment 988081

No fool. YOU NEED TO TAX THE WEALTHY.

THE WEALTHY NOW GET 80% OF YOUR WEALTH. THAT'S NOT SUSTAINABLE.

It is my opinion, if you do not agree we are still a free enough country that you are allowed to do so.
Let me ask you this, if the Fed Govt tried to implement the same type of rationing of things like sugar, gasoline, meat, coffee, butter like they did in WWII, how well do you think it would be received in today's America?
MAGA folks are patriotic, they would make do for the war effort.

We both know who the whiners and cheaters would be.

No fool. YOU NEED TO TAX THE WEALTHY.

THE WEALTHY NOW GET 80% OF YOUR WEALTH. THAT'S NOT SUSTAINABLE.
Everyone needs to pay taxes.
The top half of incomes pay 95% of income taxes.
If we can get a transaction tax implemented, that would hit the upper half of incomes.
Welfare and Medicaid need to be sent back to the states, interest on the debt needs to be paid.

If the dollar collapses, its will not happen slowly.

Forum List

Back