Should this male nurse complain to Human Resources for sexism?

Man of Ethics

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2021
Every nurse he work with, except one who is his best friend, has made sexist statements at work very casually towards men.

They said that "men are trash, pigs, disgusting, etc". This talk is pretty constant. Recently, the male nurse started feeling depressed because of it.

He has gotten a variety of responses when he brings it up. Often, it's "it's not all guys obviously. You know we're not talking about you".

The question is: Should the nurse contact HR? Would they help? Would the male nurse have a Hostile Work environment case against the workplace?

Every nurse he work with, except one who is his best friend, has made sexist statements at work very casually towards men.

They said that "men are trash, pigs, disgusting, etc". This talk is pretty constant. Recently, the male nurse started feeling depressed because of it.

He has gotten a variety of responses when he brings it up. Often, it's "it's not all guys obviously. You know we're not talking about you".

The question is: Should the nurse contact HR? Would they help? Would the male nurse have a Hostile Work environment case against the workplace?

Well that's not great.

But maybe he could stand up for the WOMEN he works with by not calling pregnant WOMEN, pregnant "people". Or "people who menstruate" or "people with vaginas". Since he's in the medical field.

Men stamp around saying women have all the rights now, but all it took was a few men in wigs to say "I feel like a woman too" and suddenly our very identity is erased.

Well that's not great.

But maybe he could stand up for the WOMEN he works with by not calling pregnant WOMEN, pregnant "people". Or "people who menstruate" or "people with vaginas". Since he's in the medical field.
WOW!

He should stand up for the very people who dehumanize and abuse him!

It might help to have more information, like a link?

Every male nurse I ever worked with was a wonderful example of the profession and a respectful human being -- a pleasure to know. If the women he works with are treating him with such verbal violence, then they need to be censured.

My guess is that the females who are denigrating him are leftist slobs who do their jobs marginally, and he is probably a far better nurse than any of them.

WOW!

He should stand up for the very people who dehumanize and abuse him!

I'm demonstrating to you how tenuous this is for women, and how tenuous it has always been, despite your hobby horse here.

Women IN LABOR cannot even be called women, probably in the very hospital he works. Because a few men in wigs "feel like a woman". Their daughters cannot change in locker rooms without having men intrude.

And then there's girls' sports....being destroyed by "trans teens".

It might help to have more information, like a link?

Every male nurse I ever worked with was a wonderful example of the profession and a respectful human being -- a pleasure to know. If the women he works with are treating him with such verbal violence, then they need to be censured.

My guess is that the females who are denigrating him are leftist slobs who do their jobs marginally, and he is probably a far better nurse than any of them.

I agree with this on this one principle actually; NO ONE deserves to be mistreated at work.

But I'm hoping to knock Man of Ethics off his hobby horse a little bit too.

I'm demonstrating to you how tenuous this is for women, and how tenuous it has always been, despite your hobby horse here.
I apologize for being overemotional at this point...

I am grateful to everyone who opposes Progressives. Even to those who oppose Progressives for totally different reasons then myself. Even to those who oppose Progressives while disagreeing with me 100%.

But I'm hoping to knock Man of Ethics off his hobby horse a little bit too.
I understand that most people disagree with me. I understand that most Conservatives oppose Progressives for very different reasons then I do. Nevertheless, I am grateful to everyone who opposes Progressives.

I apologize for being overemotional at this point...

I am grateful to everyone who opposes Progressives. Even to those who oppose Progressives for totally different reasons then myself. Even to those who oppose Progressives while disagreeing with me 100%.

I am not a feminist. 10 years ago I would have agreed with you that women had "arrived"; that our "fight for rights" was over.

But again.

As I said.

I am not a feminist. 10 years ago I would have agreed with you that women had "arrived"; that our "fight for rights" was over.

But again.

As I said.
There is a Gender Critical movement of Conservative women. They also face severe persecution from Progressives.

On that issue, I prefer not to take sides.

a Hostile Work environment
I came close to pursuing a nursing career in the 80's , until a brother convinced me into the trades , subsequently joining ems as my HC fix

Male nurses are coveted for one reason, they can lift

And brother, did i lift, and lift.....and lift

During the early 90's housing bust, however, the trades crapped out, and i was forced to take on a night shift production job in a factory of lesbians

As much as i kept to myself , they hated me from day one, so much so that the manager took me aside to inform me of the 'no win scenario' i had walked into

point? there's a thin line betwixt feminism and misandry, moral no man's land....

~S~

Do you have a newspaper article, or are you just making this crap up? I don't believe you!!
anything to knock the progressives, Democrats.

I am a man. and yes, men can be disgusting pigs. Some of my most enjoyable memories from my younger years include at least some disgusting piggery.

I am a man. and yes, men can be disgusting pigs. Some of my most enjoyable memories from my younger years include at least some disgusting piggery.

So does that, in your opinion, justify women in a professional setting treating this man as you might have deserved to be treated in a social setting setting?

I cannot be certain of anything read on this post. I am a retired RN and I never heard of what you talking about.
Fortunately in former decades, hostility toward men was low (20 years ago) to non-existent (40 years ago).

Forum List

Back