Should Trump freeze prices to prevent coronavirus gouging?

Should Trump freeze prices to prevent gouging?

• Yes

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • No

Votes: 21 77.8%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
It's unconstitutional.
It's stupid.

Is it unconstitutional?

Do you not remember this... “I am today ordering a freeze on all prices and wages throughout the United States.”

Aug. 15, 1971

Nixon

It was unconstitutional, and counterproductive, when Nixon did it.

counterproductive is an understatement...but it was never found to be unconstitutional

Please show where the Consitution gives them this capability.

It has been done multiple times, WWII, Nixon, Carter. I do not know their reasoning, but I know it has never found to be unconstitutional

Whose going to challenge it ?

Not the sorry bastards in congress who love to do whatever they want regardless of what the USC says they can and can not do.

Is it unconstitutional?

Do you not remember this... “I am today ordering a freeze on all prices and wages throughout the United States.”

Aug. 15, 1971

Nixon

counterproductive is an understatement...but it was never found to be unconstitutional

It has been done multiple times, WWII, Nixon, Carter. I do not know their reasoning, but I know it has never found to be unconstitutional

Not the sorry bastards in congress who love to do whatever they want regardless of what the USC says they can and can not do.

any private business could and should.

It froze wages too.

And the statement still stands.

Read part of the article....they don't cite anything in the USC. They simply say it's been done enough that it ought to be O.K.

Total bullshit.

The constituiton does NOT give him this power.

And yet it has been done...just like a great many other things that our government does.

The Constitution does NOT give the government the power to force people to wear seat belts yet they do.

The Constitution does NOT give the government the power to force people to wear helmets yet they do.

It froze wages too.

and yet none of them took it to the SCOTUS...I wonder why?

And the statement still stands.

Read part of the article....they don't cite anything in the USC. They simply say it's been done enough that it ought to be O.K.

Total bullshit.

The constituiton does NOT give him this power.

And yet it has been done...just like a great many other things that our government does.

The Constitution does NOT give the government the power to force people to wear seat belts yet they do.

The Constitution does NOT give the government the power to force people to wear helmets yet they do.

Federal government can't do that (the USC has no power over the states except in the limited list of things they are prevented from doing).

And who is going to challenge that.

Except libertarians.

And I can guarantee you they will when they think they can win.

I voted no ... price gouging is the nature of Free Markets ... when the opportunity presents itself, gouge away ...

Hand sanitizer ... oh my tender liberal heart bleeds ...

A president can do many extraordinary things in a CRISIS. Trump could probably just whip out an Executive Order.

I voted no ... price gouging is the nature of Free Markets ... when the opportunity presents itself, gouge away ...

Hand sanitizer ... oh my tender liberal heart bleeds ...

Your logic prevents people of low and modest means from items they need when others are hogging and hoarding and prices are skyrocketing. Then there is also that empty shelf thingy...

It froze wages too.

You will have to ask them.

The question what was posed to you was "Where in the USC is the power granted to him to do this".

You can't answer it.

All you can point to is that it has been done in the past and not challenged. Somehow you equate that to "there must be something that says it".

But it does not.

It froze wages too.

The question what was posed to you was "Where in the USC is the power granted to him to do this".

You can't answer it.

All you can point to is that it has been done in the past and not challenged. Somehow you equate that to "there must be something that says it".

But it does not.

No, what it equates to is that it does not matter if the words are in the USC or not. 90% of what our government does is not in the USC

It froze wages too.

You can't answer it.

But it does not.

No, what it equates to is that it does not matter if the words are in the USC or not. 90% of what our government does is not in the USC

That's quite an admission.

Forum List

Back