Should Trump promote a policy that allows states to receive funding for 12 week maternity leave? Its good policy to promote families and win votes.

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
This would go beyond what Ivanka promoted for federal employees (I believe).

10 weeks-12 weeks. I was thinking about this since promoted the IVF. Go forth and really get the female vote while doing so by encouraging the expansion of family. It would cover all his bases of wanting the United States to actually be that united of states rather than expanding direct control by the federal government, while also promoting a pro-life stance indirectly.

This would push maternity leave options for states and their companies. Make it so that states can request funding and that companies can then apply for funding to allow their employees to have time off. It will also encourage large corporations to all offer it from their own budgets.

What say you?

Canada has maternity leave for a number of months. If America wants to encourage U.S born families this is a good idea and encourages women bond with their children for the first weeks of their lives.

I think this idea is pandering for female votes, just like the democrats are doing. The federal gov't has no business getting into this area.

Well, you may call it pandering, I may call it driving his promises to his voters and even the new RFK voters by focusing on family and health. He already passed it for federal workers so this will give options for states and companies but doesn't necessarily force them. It might force large corporations to pay their own share though and limit the costs to taxpayers.

I think it is healthy for a mother to spend the first weeks with their newborn, studies have shown it can have a lasting impact on a childs confidence etc as they age.

Pandering schmandering. The government isrequired to mke the rules of commerce.

10 weeks-12 weeks. I was thinking about this since promoted the IVF. Go forth and really get the female vote while doing so by encouraging the expansion of family. It would cover all his bases of wanting the United States to actually be that united of states rather than expanding direct control by the federal government, while also promoting a pro-life stance indirectly.

This would push maternity leave options for states and their companies. Make it so that states can request funding and that companies can then apply for funding to allow their employees to have time off. It will also encourage large corporations to all offer it from their own budgets.

What say you?

Canada has maternity leave for a number of months. If America wants to encourage U.S born families this is a good idea and encourages women bond with their children for the first weeks of their lives.
I think you're nuts if you imagine the tRumplings going for that.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Well, you may call it pandering, I may call it driving his promises to his voters and even the new RFK voters by focusing on family and health.

I think it is healthy for a mother to spend the first weeks with their newborn, studies have shown it can have a lasting impact on a childs confidence etc as they age.
Trump is going to lose. And there are not enough RFK, voters to help him. You ignore the trump policies that are a problem. Go look at Project 2025. Do not try telling me what Trump says he doesn't know because he's lying.

What say you?

Well, it’s obviously an insult to everyone who already took maternity leave and didn’t get paid for it.

Well, it’s obviously an insult to everyone who already took maternity leave and didn’t get paid for it.

Well you could say that for any new policy that impacts someone where another person would have qualified a day prior.

It is NOT THEIRS TO GIVE.

It is Taxpayers money. I tire of HEARING GOVT MONEY.

It has to be borrowed to spend. We are heading to economic IMPLOSION

Too much govt is Why we are here.

These SO CALLED Solutions are a bandaid on a scratch while ignoring an Open Chest Wound.

DON'T BE AN ASS

VOTE TRUMP

I think this idea is pandering for female votes, just like the democrats are doing. The federal gov't has no business getting into this area.
I believe marriage and family is a good thing for society. I also believe that under current conditions there is not a whole l9t of benefits for a man to be married. It I quite frankly a huge risk for a an to get married these days. This policy would help a young couple and a small incentive to get married. Not the incentive I would like to see but we had better start doing something to make marriage more sensible.

No. The S.C shot that down. Women didn't take out a loan, this is a government incentive program.
Loan forgiveness is a government incentive program to get an education.

We were told that loan forgiveness is an insult to those who paid off their loans.

Paid maternity leave is likewise an insult to those who didn’t get paid maternity leave.

Loan forgiveness is a government incentive program to get an education.

We were told that loan forgiveness is an insult to those who paid off their loans.

Paid maternity leave is likewise an insult to those who didn’t get paid maternity leave.
Loan forgiveness isn’t an incentive to get an education. The stidents had ALREADY gotten an education, via federal loans.

Loan forgiveness is simoly forcing the lower-earning working class to pay off the loans of the higher-earning college grads. SCOTUS ruled against it.

Loan forgiveness isn’t an incentive to get an education. The stidents had ALREADY gotten an education, via federal loans.

Loan forgiveness is simoly forcing the lower-earning working class to pay off the loans of the higher-earning college grads. SCOTUS ruled against it.
PSLF was passed in 2007. It absolutely is an incentive to get an education and work in public service.

You are a typical low information MAGA voter.

PSLF was passed in 2007. It absolutely is an incentive to get an education and work in public service.

You are a typical low information MAGA voter.
Not wide-sweeping forgiveness the way Biden tried to push.
Your ignorance is on display.

Not wide-sweeping forgiveness the way Biden tried to push.
Your ignorance is on display.
Trump completely mismanaged the PSLF program to the point that no one could get their loans forgiven even after complying with the program requirements.

Biden fixed that.

Typical low information MAGA voters don’t know this because they’re trained to hate everyone else.

Forum List

Back