🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Shoving your gun's in everyone's faces to prove a point is beyond dumb (proof inside)

If you think the answer is carrying an AK47 into Chili's to have dinner, you are asking the wrong questions.

Answer my questions then I'll give you the same courtesy.

What questions? I will be happy to answer them.

If you are referring to your question "...do you really think silence or inactivity is the answer?", then my answer is no. But the choice is not between silence or inactivity and taking rifles into restaurants. I am active in the political aspect, active in shooting sports, and a lifelong hunter. I pay attention to legislation and call or email my congressmen if I feel the need. Taking an AK into a restaurant does nothing positive for shooters.

Exactly.

This sort of irresponsible nonsense does more to undermine the Second Amendment right than any ‘gun grabber.’

The only way I would carry a rifle into a restaurant, is if I just bought it, or I was target shooting, and I wanted to eat before I went home. It would be unloaded and I would ask the hostess if they would put it up for me, but I don't leave a gun in my car. It could get stolen, and end up in the wrong hands.

If one is going to open carry, it should be done in an appropriate and responsible manner, such as a discrete sidearm properly holstered. There are many handgun/holster options that meet this requirement nicely.

And one should acknowledge the fact that there are venues where open carry is simply inappropriate, where one should be prepared to conceal carry his firearm.

Answer my questions then I'll give you the same courtesy.

If you are referring to your question "...do you really think silence or inactivity is the answer?", then my answer is no. But the choice is not between silence or inactivity and taking rifles into restaurants. I am active in the political aspect, active in shooting sports, and a lifelong hunter. I pay attention to legislation and call or email my congressmen if I feel the need. Taking an AK into a restaurant does nothing positive for shooters.

And when it's done legally it shouldn't be a negative either. Personally I would never carry a long gun anywhere but to hunt, but I'm not going to criticize someone who choses to legally do so. Like I said earlier, no one else is choosing to educate the public.

How is taking a rifle into a restaurant educating the public?

Unless, of course, you want to teach them that such actions will make people uncomfortable and gun owners don't give a rat's ass.

Open Carry Texas visits Chili's - YouTube

Let's take this group who clearly did this as a stunt. But for the sake of this argument we'll pretend they didn't.

First and foremost a RESPONSIBLE gun owner maintains full control of his/her firearms at all times. ESPECIALLY when out in public.

So explain to me how the fuck you're going to eat ribs or whatever in a restaurant WITH A FUCKING BABY at your side and MAINTAIN FULL CONTROL OF YOUR ASSAULT RIFLE? Simply throwing your rifle over your shoulder IS NOT securing it. And it certainly would not be impossible for some crazed nut to slice the cord and grab your gun.

This video and incidents like this will NOT garner you any support for your cause with the vast majority of the public. In fact I firmly believe idiotic stunts like this will backfire. Carrying your gun in public DOES NOTHING to protect your second amendment rights. That is done in congress.

I go out to eat at various restaurants nearly everyday and in my 47 years I have never seen any reason to carry an assault rifle to one.

Your rights deserver to be protected but intimidating the public is not the method to achieve that.

The very fact that the public is intimidated by the simple sight of a firearm tells me the left has succeeded in pussyfying the country. With the schools and mass media teaching fear, exactly how do you propose countering their influence without getting in someones face? They have been pushing their POV in everyones face for decades now and they demonize anyone with an opposing view, do you really think silence or inactivity is the answer?

The very fact that OK gets moist that people are intimidated is reason enough to change the law.

I am an avid supporter of the 2nd Amendment, but I will be the first to say I hate people who flaunt their rights in anyone's face. You have a gun? Great! But there is simply no need to carry it around in plain sight of everyone... it is a brutish tactic, and it can be used by those on the left to further deprave gun owners of their rights. If you have a concealed carry permit, then put it to use. There is a fine line between making a point and making a scene.

It is true that we are now a nation of pansies, but common sense tells anyone that you don't walk around parking lots with an SMG or an M-16A1 strapped to your shoulder.

Last edited:

And when it's done legally it shouldn't be a negative either. Personally I would never carry a long gun anywhere but to hunt, but I'm not going to criticize someone who choses to legally do so. Like I said earlier, no one else is choosing to educate the public.

Unless, of course, you want to teach them that such actions will make people uncomfortable and gun owners don't give a rat's ass.

The education will be written in blood, as some crazed maniac comes in and starts killing people. Then, the education will come when someone else (who realizes the importance of self defense) has a firearm and prevents him from taking any more lives.

Just like the faghadist, it forces the conversation, when people bitch and are told it's perfectly legal they will have learned something. There is no right not to be uncomfortable. People do shit all the time I'm not comfortable with, but I don't try to deny them their constitutional rights.

The education will be written in blood, as some crazed maniac comes in and starts killing people. Then, the education will come when someone else (who realizes the importance of self defense) has a firearm and prevents him from taking any more lives.

I am not arguing against owning or even carrying guns. I am arguing against carrying an AR or an AK into Chili's for dinner.

And should the crazed maniac start killing in the restaurant, I doubt the fools showing how tough they want to be would survive. But an ordinary guy like me with an M1911 will. I just see no need to show off my gun.

Open Carry Texas visits Chili's - YouTube

Let's take this group who clearly did this as a stunt. But for the sake of this argument we'll pretend they didn't.

First and foremost a RESPONSIBLE gun owner maintains full control of his/her firearms at all times. ESPECIALLY when out in public.

So explain to me how the fuck you're going to eat ribs or whatever in a restaurant WITH A FUCKING BABY at your side and MAINTAIN FULL CONTROL OF YOUR ASSAULT RIFLE? Simply throwing your rifle over your shoulder IS NOT securing it. And it certainly would not be impossible for some crazed nut to slice the cord and grab your gun.

This video and incidents like this will NOT garner you any support for your cause with the vast majority of the public. In fact I firmly believe idiotic stunts like this will backfire. Carrying your gun in public DOES NOTHING to protect your second amendment rights. That is done in congress.

I go out to eat at various restaurants nearly everyday and in my 47 years I have never seen any reason to carry an assault rifle to one.

Your rights deserver to be protected but intimidating the public is not the method to achieve that.

The very fact that the public is intimidated by the simple sight of a firearm tells me the left has succeeded in pussyfying the country. With the schools and mass media teaching fear, exactly how do you propose countering their influence without getting in someones face? They have been pushing their POV in everyones face for decades now and they demonize anyone with an opposing view, do you really think silence or inactivity is the answer?

The very fact that OK gets moist that people are intimidated is reason enough to change the law.

The only reason they are is your ilks propaganda you stupid piece of shit.

Just like the faghadist, it forces the conversation, when people bitch and are told it's perfectly legal they will have learned something. There is no right not to be uncomfortable. People do shit all the time I'm not comfortable with, but I don't try to deny them their constitutional rights.

It forces the conversation, I will agree with you there. But the conversation will soon turn to an explanation that the guns they are carrying are not toys to be shown off and that they are not "cool" for carrying one into Chili's. And when they are in Chili's, eating dinner, where will their loaded rifle be? Will it be stored safely? Or will it be leaning against the booth or under the table?

I am not arguing against owning or even carrying guns. I am arguing against carrying an AR or an AK into Chili's for dinner.

And should the crazed maniac start killing in the restaurant, I doubt the fools showing how tough they want to be would survive. But an ordinary guy like me with an M1911 will. I just see no need to show off my gun.

Nobody's asking you to. And like I said before, bringing your assault rifle to the restaurant is foolhardy. Not only would you hit the robber or the shooter, you could cause collateral damage and possibly hit someone else in the mayhem. Pistols are ideal.

It forces the conversation, I will agree with you there. But the conversation will soon turn to an explanation that the guns they are carrying are not toys to be shown off and that they are not "cool" for carrying one into Chili's. And when they are in Chili's, eating dinner, where will their loaded rifle be? Will it be stored safely? Or will it be leaning against the booth or under the table?

Maybe you should address those questions to the people that are actually doing it, I haven't personally witnessed it being done. I know if I did it I would have it slung, muzzle up, on my person. But I don't plan to do it, so for me it is a moot point.

Maybe you should address those questions to the people that are actually doing it, I haven't personally witnessed it being done. I know if I did it I would have it slung, muzzle up, on my person. But I don't plan to do it, so for me it is a moot point.

You were the one defending these ridiculous acts. I guess you have to hope you are not seated in a booth, huh?

Forum List

Back