🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Shutdown: Chicago WH?

I thought the WH had already been converted to a private residence with no guests allowed who aren't Obama personal friends.

I just thought if it's really a shutdown, the White House has no further function if it is forcing a shutdown in conjunction with all the Democrats in both houses refusing to go to resolve issues this weekend to prevent a shutdown.

So, since they stayed home, I just thought the Obamas would go back to Chicago for a while and save some of that energy they're always complaining about those who aren't doing the green thing.

No workie, no payee.

If the government shuts down, will the Obamas have to go home to Chicago?

If so, can it last for 3 years?

PLZ discuss.

:rofl:
what you said!
we have been unlucky the last 5 years, I dont see how we could hit it rich for the next 3..
Well, if it really is a shut down and the Democrats are refusing to work to stop the shut down, I was thinking, yeah, shut down.

Go home. Don't worry. Be happy!

Or is it a faux shut down with an eye on spending another trillion dollars if the arm twisting and refusal of President Obama to negotiate with his Congress shuts off what? Electricity? Homeland Security? The armed services? Postal services?

What does Obama want to shut down instead of negotiate?

The whole damn legislative and executive members should not get any pay or freebies until they do their job. Just like it was when I ran a business.

The whole damn legislative and executive members should not get any pay or freebies until they do their job. Just like it was when I ran a business.

then you ran it into the ground and became a lefty? LOL

Hawaii has better greens

Or Monticello, even

:eusa_whistle:
Yeah, they have so many buildings in Chicago. If there were empty buildings, which one would Washington use?

photo_chicago-skyline.jpg

Well, Moonglow, that's how businesses run, but the Republicans showed up for talks and negotiations, and the Democrats even forced their leaders, Reid and Pelosi to stay away from negotiations to keep up with the President.

I thought the Houses of Congress were to be separate from the executive branch. :cool:

I'm not seeing that in this much-heralded crisis Obama says he will not negotiate nor budge one inch until he gets promised they will let him spend a trillion dollars, and he's using the bully pulpit to blame our elected Republicans who at least tried to keep the doors of Congress open by showing up as scheduled.

It seems to me the Democrats want to have an Oligarchy that rubberstamps the highest spending intentions in the history of the world. Obama is getting downright impatient.

I just thought maybe he wanted to run home to Chicago and carry on business of the nation there instead of in Washington. When I shut down my business every night, I always went home.

I just thought the Obamas would too if they do shut down.

Who needs this?

No argument here. And they should be forced onto Obummercare.
I thought almost all of them opted out of being forced into Obamacare, because they can't wait in line and it would be embarrassing to take a cut in front of really sick people for a quickie botox injection.
So they opted for funding by a special means for themselves, didn't they? Or did they just want more money for their own private insurance so in case they have to take more of the Social Security money out, they don't have to worry about not being taken care of us like Hoi Polloi.

IOW, they consider themselves the Royal class. Better this, better that, better everything than everyone else. And no inconvenient waiting because they're more important than everybody else. Oh, my goodness. That sounds just like Royalty. My grandma would roll over in her little grave. She wouldn't even allow me to curtsey at dance classes. Oh, my goodness gracious.

I wonder what will happen to the grass and flowers in the shut down?

dark-clouds+white+house.jpg

The grounds look so much prettier than I remember seeing them in 1976 when I held the hands of two small children to show them where the President lived.

Forum List

Back