Simple, honest question on the ACA

We all know that the ACA (conveniently called with derision, Obamacare by republicans) NEEDS major improvements, while maintaining the "good" parts of what the ACT has successfully addressed.

Now, for more than five long years, elected GOPers have opposed any bipartisan attempts to improve the health law because improvements may have benefited both common Americans AND the democrats' party.......

So, give us a good and valid reason why current democrats in congress should now help republicans pass the same exact and needed improvements (of course, beside the real fact of being less partisan than their right wing colleagues)???

Republicans will take the same page from the Democrats:

- Change the locks on the doors for meetings so Democrats can't get in
- Tell Democrats and the American voters that we need to pass it so we can find out what's in it
The Senate and House committees that designed the ACA had a full compliment of Republican members.

Suggesting they didn't know what was in the ACA is total BS.

They aren't responsible for what's in it, moron. Democrats made all the decisions.
No, you are just flat out wrong about that.

Republicans were an active part of the design process.

After that, McCain points out that there were more than 160 amendments that were proposed by Republicans and that passed into the bill.

Of course, we all have to wonder WHY that after SIX years of right wing republicans arguing that the ACA should be repealed and REPLACED, we still don't have from these same republicans any decent proposal and they are asking voters to give them additional years to come up with a viable alternative to the ACA.

One wonders if "cursing the darkness" is a hell of a lot easier than figuring out how to light a candle.

Can you load a post up with any more fallacies ?
That post you complain about was totally factual.

There has been NO plan from Republicans concerning what regulation would be in effect after killing the ACA.

Ryan confirms that by pointing out (to the press, with Pence sharing the podium) that Republicans have "ideas" - when asked if the Republicans have a PLAN.

Of course, we all have to wonder WHY that after SIX years of right wing republicans arguing that the ACA should be repealed and REPLACED, we still don't have from these same republicans any decent proposal and they are asking voters to give them additional years to come up with a viable alternative to the ACA.

One wonders if "cursing the darkness" is a hell of a lot easier than figuring out how to light a candle.

What they will probably do first is repeal the thing and put something in there temporarily. Then they will work on a more concrete alternative after they go through all the numbers and debates.

What they will probably do first is repeal the thing and put something in there temporarily. Then they will work on a more concrete alternative after they go through all the numbers and debates.
I seriously doubt that.

Remember the chaos of switching to the ACA?

That same kind of thrashing will take place in ANY significant change to how we pay for health care in America. Every corporation, insurance company and provider will have significant factors to consider in designing plans, figuring out what those plans will cost, figuring out who they will offer them to, etc. Plus, the public will have to be informed - which takes time and effort.

The ACA had the problem of their web site, but that was not the major issue in the transition. Corporations required an extended time period of many months longer than insurance companies required, for example.

So, the first thing the GOP does better be pretty darn close to the final solution or we're in for major trouble.

We all know that the ACA (conveniently called with derision, Obamacare by republicans) NEEDS major improvements, while maintaining the "good" parts of what the ACT has successfully addressed.

Now, for more than five long years, elected GOPers have opposed any bipartisan attempts to improve the health law because improvements may have benefited both common Americans AND the democrats' party.......

So, give us a good and valid reason why current democrats in congress should now help republicans pass the same exact and needed improvements (of course, beside the real fact of being less partisan than their right wing colleagues)???

Just get rid of the mandate and it will die.

I seriously doubt that.

That same kind of thrashing will take place in ANY significant change to how we pay for health care in America. Every corporation, insurance company and provider will have significant factors to consider in designing plans, figuring out what those plans will cost, figuring out who they will offer them to, etc. Plus, the public will have to be informed - which takes time and effort.

The ACA had the problem of their web site, but that was not the major issue in the transition. Corporations required an extended time period of many months longer than insurance companies required, for example.

So, the first thing the GOP does better be pretty darn close to the final solution or we're in for major trouble.

We'll see, we have two more weeks of suffering to go before Trump seats office. Afterwards is when we will know what the real deal is. Me? I'm just speculating one of the many avenues they might take. It may be something totally opposite of what I think.

Whatever it is, it will be a hell of a lot better than what we have now. Since Commie Care started, I was forced to submit personal medical bills every year to these lowlifes that were hired to run the thing. I don't want to do that again this year, so at the very least, I hope they get rid of the mandate and penalties immediately.

- Tell Democrats and the American voters that we need to pass it so we can find out what's in it
The Senate and House committees that designed the ACA had a full compliment of Republican members.

They aren't responsible for what's in it, moron. Democrats made all the decisions.

After that, McCain points out that there were more than 160 amendments that were proposed by Republicans and that passed into the bill.

Horseshit. No Republican voted for it.

Democrats earned all the blame.

I seriously doubt that.

You're just admitting that the ACA is a disaster.

How come something new "NEEDS" improvements? It was a SCAM. If Democrats want to expose themselves by holding to it, then good luck with that, guy.

I seriously doubt that.

We'll see, we have two more weeks of suffering to go before Trump seats office. Afterwards is when we will know what the real deal is. Me? I'm just speculating one of the many avenues they might take. It may be something totally opposite of what I think.

Whatever it is, it will be a hell of a lot better than what we have now. Since Commie Care started, I was forced to submit personal medical bills every year to these lowlifes that were hired to run the thing. I don't want to do that again this year, so at the very least, I hope they get rid of the mandate and penalties immediately.
There are three agencies that "run this thing" - Medicare (for those on Medicare), insurance companies and VA.

NONE of them are going to give you money just on your word.

I stand by what I said.

I seriously doubt that.

You're just admitting that the ACA is a disaster.
No, I said that changing the nation's method of paying for health care requires a transition period that is not easy.

We are passed the transition phase - by a lot!

How come something new "NEEDS" improvements? It was a SCAM. If Democrats want to expose themselves by holding to it, then good luck with that, guy.
There is no possibility of changing something as large and complex as how all Americans pay for health care without there being a need for changes along the way.

Every other system we have that is anywhere NEAR as large or complex gets changes pretty much every year.

The US, health care issues, public opinion, etc. are all in a constant state of change. It will never be the case that we have a system that won't need change.

I stand by what I said.
In other words, you're doubling down on stupid.

There is no possibility of changing something as large and complex as how all Americans pay for health care without there being a need for changes along the way.

Every other system we have that is anywhere NEAR as large or complex gets changes pretty much every year.

The US, health care issues, public opinion, etc. are all in a constant state of change. It will never be the case that we have a system that won't need change.

That's all a bunch of rubbish. Health care is not ever meant to be that complicated. The system was absolutely hijacked. Everyone knows this.

I stand by what I said.
In other words, you're doubling down on stupid.
No, I stand by what I said.

And, you apparently don't have squat but that pudgy little "finger" of yours.

That's all a bunch of rubbish. Health care is not ever meant to be that complicated. The system was absolutely hijacked. Everyone knows this.
Polls of Americans show that the features of the ACA are WILDLY liked by Americans across the country.

And, yes, it took some more regulation to accomplish that.

Your characterization "an active part of the design process" is totally meaningless. The person to be hanged is an active part of the execution process. So what? The bottom line is that that nothing went into the bill unless the Dims wanted it in the bill, and no Republican voted for the final result.

Dims earned all the blame for it.

I seriously doubt that.

There are three agencies that "run this thing" - Medicare (for those on Medicare), insurance companies and VA.

NONE of them are going to give you money just on your word.

Give me money for what? I'm talking about having to submit my bills and payments to the idiots so I don't get penalized.

Forum List

Back