Sinkhole in Florida

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
2 homes demolished after sinkhole opens up under a neighborhood near Clearwater, Fla. - The Washington Post

The sinkhole was discovered early Thursday at a home owned by Michael Dupre and quickly spread to a neighboring home in Dunedin just north of Clearwater. Residents from five other homes were evacuated as the massive sinkhole spread throughout the day.

Officials say crews worked through the night to stabilize the hole, which eventually measured to about 90 feet in diameter. On Friday morning, more crews began the demolition process.

On Feb. 28, Jeffrey Bush died when a sinkhole opened under his bedroom in Seffner, near Tampa.

Sinkholes are common in Florida.

Now homeless, Dupree and his wife and daughter all work in a homeless center.

Just one more reason I'll never live in Florida. Sinkholes,big bugs,unreal humidity,gators galore storms coming at you constantly. No thanks. I ever go South to live, Myrtle Beach S.C. is my destination.

Last edited:
Just one more reason I'll never live in Florida. Sinkholes,big bugs,unreal humidity,gators galore storms coming at you constantly. No thanks. I ever go South to live, Myrtle Beach S.C. is my destination.

Parents had a beach house there when growing up. Myrtle beach is fine until April thur early Oct, then its non stop traffic, huge amounts of unruly people, biker gangs and druggies. Not the place I grew up during the summers of Magic Attic, Sun Fun weekend, Fun Plaza and Peaches.

Parents had a beach house there when growing up. Myrtle beach is fine until April thur early Oct, then its non stop traffic, huge amounts of unruly people, biker gangs and druggies. Not the place I grew up during the summers of Magic Attic, Sun Fun weekend, Fun Plaza and Peaches.

We'd go camping there at Pirateland Camp Ground when I was a teen in the late 70's. I Loved it,I'd rather be there than Disney any day. I've been told it's built up quite a bit since then. when I was there vacationing there were a bunch of mini golf courses,small water slide type park,a shopping area,roller rink and a zip line "parachute Jump". Not much else but it was fun. It's sad if it's become touristy. The Camp Ground doesn't look anything like it did back in the day. They had one regular pool,some paddle boats and then the beach where I spent most of my time swimming and getting sun poisoning.

*Sigh*Still there must be some quiet nook left somewhere along that area of S.C. for me to retire in.

Myrtle Beach Camping : Pirateland Campground in Myrtle Beach, SC

Last edited:

We'd go camping there at Pirateland Camp Ground when I was a teen in the late 70's. I Loved it,I'd rather be there than Disney any day. I've been told it's built up quite a bit since then. when I was there vacationing there were a bunch of mini golf courses,small water slide type park,a shopping area,roller rink and a zip line "parachute Jump". Not much else but it was fun. It's sad if it's become touristy. The Camp Ground doesn't look anything like it did back in the day. They had one regular pool,some paddle boats and then the beach where I spent most of my time swimming and getting sun poisoning.

*Sigh*Still there must be some quiet nook left somewhere along that area of S.C. for me to retire in.

No, there's no place in SC, we're all full up...

:lol:

No, there's no place in SC, we're all full up...

:lol:

Hey, that is Oregon's line. No fair stealing it.:mad:

Forum List

Back