Sisu

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
For those who haven't seen this (myself included), the full version was just released on Youtube.

"When an ex-soldier who discovers gold in the Lapland wilderness tries to take the loot into the city, German soldiers led by a brutal SS officer battle him."

Interesting Mr Salt ,
A bloodthirsty Sergio Leone rip -off but well done . Apparently .
Finnish as well , but not finished . Ho ho .

Robert Daniels of RogerEbert.com gave the film three and half out of four stars, stating that "Sisu is outlandishly entertaining, mostly because, contrary to its deeper themes, it isn't afraid to be nonsensical."
Ross Bonaime of Collider gave the film grade of "B", saying that "Sisu is certainly ridiculous, but sometimes it's just fun to watch an obscene amount of Nazis get what's coming to them."
Tom Shone of The Times gave the film four out of five stars, saying that it "is violent in the pulpy, maximalist manner of a Tarantino film — bones snap, bodies fly apart, blood leaps across the screen — but there is nothing messy about the storytelling, which is as tight as a Segio Leone flick."

See Sicky Wiki .

• Banned
Interesting Mr Salt ,
A bloodthirsty Sergio Leone rip -off but well done . Apparently .
Finnish as well , but not finished . Ho ho .

Robert Daniels of RogerEbert.com gave the film three and half out of four stars, stating that "Sisu is outlandishly entertaining, mostly because, contrary to its deeper themes, it isn't afraid to be nonsensical."
Ross Bonaime of Collider gave the film grade of "B", saying that "Sisu is certainly ridiculous, but sometimes it's just fun to watch an obscene amount of Nazis get what's coming to them."
Tom Shone of The Times gave the film four out of five stars, saying that it "is violent in the pulpy, maximalist manner of a Tarantino film — bones snap, bodies fly apart, blood leaps across the screen — but there is nothing messy about the storytelling, which is as tight as a Segio Leone flick."

See Sicky Wiki .

I'm glad someone appreciated it, I watched it last night and was impressed.

We have a basic cable package and most everything on there is garbage. It was refreshing to see something I haven't seen 20 times.

We have a basic cable package and most everything on there is garbage. It was refreshing to see something I haven't seen 20 times.
Wasn't a complicated movie...basic plot. You could identify with the MC...
You understood his motives.
Not a lot of special effects either.

And I thought it was a great movie.

No "agenda messages" put out there either.

Very refreshing good movie.

I just finished watching it. I was like "well maybe" but the airplane crash turned this is into fiction after that.
Wasn't a complicated movie...basic plot. You could identify with the MC...
You understood his motives.
Not a lot of special effects either.

And I thought it was a great movie.

No "agenda messages" put out there either.

Very refreshing good movie.
Plenty of special effects. smashed bodies, blown up animals, airplane crash, etc.

• Banned
I just finished watching it. I was like "well maybe" but the airplane crash turned this is into fiction after that.

Plenty of special effects. smashed bodies, blown up animals, airplane crash, etc.

True, a lot of it was unbelievable. But it was entertaining, compared to the crap I get on the cable channels.

True, a lot of it was unbelievable. But it was entertaining, compared to the crap I get on the cable channels.
Yes, it was entertaining and I liked it. I will watch it again in 6 months.

Forum List

Back