Skullduggery big time!How Ken Cuccinelli,Mike Lee Sold Out Grassroots for Convention Floor Spectacle

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
I detest the Never Trumpers for many a reason but this is an interesting twist where two of their main players sold out the movement so they could have their "demonstration" on the floor of the convention.

Cruz people screw over others AGAIN.

CLEVELAND, Ohio ā€” Ken Cuccinelli of the Senate Conservatives Fund and Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) sold out grassroots conservatives so they could make a spectacle on the floor of the Republican National Convention as part of the last dying breaths of the ā€œNever Trumpā€ collective, which is now officially dead, Breitbart News has confirmed.

A senior Republican involved in the negotiations told Breitbart News that Cuccinelli and Lee ā€œwere given an opportunity to accept two different proposals by the RNC chairman Reince Priebus.ā€

ā€œThey walked away from both,ā€ said the Republican strategist personally involved in the negotiations, someone who had friends on both sides.

:) This is a wild read.

"Basically, what happened is, in order to have a spectacle on the floor of the convention where it looks like there was a battle inside the party, Lee and Cuccinelli turned down two packages that had almost everything they wanted in them. The first was last week, during Rules Committee negotiations when the ā€œNever Trumpā€ movement was soundly defeated there. That package would have changed the amount of delegates that are offered to states with closed primaries, giving them ā€œbonusā€ delegates at a rate of 15 percent per the number of at-large delegates in a delegation. So if a state with a closed primary had 20 at-large delegates, they would have gotten 3 extra delegates. They turned that down and fought their battle in the Rules Committee.

As they planned to take their already losing battle to the Convention floor, Priebus offered them a similarly lucrative pro-grassroots package. They would remove language from the RNC rules keeping committee membersā€™ information confidentialā€”which means it would make it easier for grassroots activists to lobby the RNCā€”and they would still get 10 percent of ā€œbonusā€ delegates per the number of at-large delegates per delegation from states with closed primaries.

What Cuccinelli and Lee purportedly wanted, however, was 20 percent of ā€œbonusā€ delegates for the entire delegationā€”at-large and delegatesā€”per state with closed primaries.

They got everything else they wanted, too, as during the Rules Committee meeting last week Priebus offered an amendment that dropped the number of states a candidate for president must win from 50 percent or more of the delegates to be considered at the convention for nomination from eight states back down to five. But Cuccinelli and Lee turned down these packages from Priebus and the RNC that would have significantly increased the power grassroots conservatives have over the Republican Party, and they did it so as to create a show on the floor of the convention.

ā€œHe never had any intention of doing anything but trying to create a scene,ā€ the Republican strategist said of Cuccinelli."

ā€˜Never Trump Is Officially Dead and Buriedā€™

I am with you tiny. I had a high opinion of Mike Lee, but he has taken a fall from grace. He was backpedaling so fast in the interview with Bret bahr. He kept saying this was not against trump but he was not persuasive. He is just shilling for Cruz. I don't know why Utah has it in for trump but Lee and his tea party supporters need to get on board. Get real.

Ken Cuccinelli is the slimiest bastard on the planet. It worries me that he has enough clout in the GOP to attempt a stunt like this.

I am with you tiny. I had a high opinion of Mike Lee, but he has taken a fall from grace. He was backpedaling so fast in the interview with Bret bahr. He kept saying this was not against trump but he was not persuasive. He is just shilling for Cruz. I don't know why Utah has it in for trump but Lee and his tea party supporters need to get on board. Get real.

Ditto here. I had always thought he was a stand up politician. After all he's pulled lately, I've lost all respect for the man. This piece sent me over the top. Note the mention of the Utah Compact that he is committed to.

Unlimited immigration. My head went thru the computer screen when I read this piece. It's worth your time to read the whole article..

Libertarian Mike Lee Lavishes Elizabeth Warren With Praise, Excoriates Trump

GettyImages-525644832-640x400.jpg

From the article:

Last year, Lee joined Sen. Jeff Flake in voting against Sens. Jeff Sessions and Ted Cruz, helping to pass a Democratic amendment, which would essentially codify the idea that Muslims living in foreign nations have a global right to immigrate to the United States.

Both Lee and Flake come from devout Mormon families. Many have pointed out how the Mormon church seems to have aligned itself with big business interests in efforts to open Americaā€™s borders. In 2010, church and business leaders signed the Utah Compact.

ā€œThe Utah Compact is the creation of the Salt Lake Chamber of Commerce and it was designed to push the Chamberā€™s illegal alien amnesty agenda,ā€ wrote the Center for Immigration Studies in 2013. ā€œThe Utah Compact has been embraced by the pro-illegal immigrant Mormon Church, the New York Times, and the Obama administration.ā€

As The Salt Lake Tribune reported last year, Ali Noorani, the executive director of the Soros-funded National Immigration Forum, has described the Utah Compact as the ā€œgift that keeps on giving.ā€

During his Thursday interview, Lee seemed to suggest Trumpā€™s proposal to temporarily deny U.S. visas to foreign migrants is somehow similar to calling for the ā€œexterminationā€ of a religious minority. ā€œ[Trump has] made statements that some have identified correctly as religiously intolerant,ā€ Lee said. ā€œHeā€™s wildly unpopular in my state, in part because my state consists of people who are members of a religious minority church. A people who were ordered exterminated by the governor of Missouri in 1838. And, statements like that make them nervous.ā€

Ironically, the people who would perhaps want to kill Mormons are people in Al Qaeda and the Islamic Stateā€”the very people whom Trump wants to keep out of the country.

Libertarian Mike Lee Lavishes Elizabeth Warren With Praise, Excoriates Trump - Breitbart

Ken Cuccinelli is the slimiest bastard on the planet. It worries me that he has enough clout in the GOP to attempt a stunt like this.
Ken Cuccinelli seems to me to act so much like Mark Foley, Larry Craig, Bob Allen, Glenn Murphy Jr., and Ken Mehlman. What else does he have in common?

The states had met the rules for authorizing a roll call vote of the states.

The powers that be simply ignored that and moved on.

Watch what happens on Thursday night when Donald speaks. :lol:

NeverTrump

The states had met the rules for authorizing a roll call vote of the states.

The powers that be simply ignored that and moved on.

Watch what happens on Thursday night when Donald speaks. :lol:

NeverTrump

I assume dirty tricks will occur. Those involved will only make complete fools of themselves. But worse yet, they shall make many very powerful and dangerous enemies.

Forum List

Back