Small time investors on Trump's Truth Social reckon with stock collapse.

Probably the wrong thread for you to be giving advice then.
Really? I'm comfortably retired with a home in Florida and a home in Colorado. I think my investing has been spot on over the years. I don't chase hot stocks. More money has been made investing in real estate in this country than any other means. It's a tangible asset. You can touch it...you can walk it.

Really? I'm comfortably retired with a home in Florida and a home in Colorado. I think my investing has been spot on over the years. I don't chase hot stocks. More money has been made investing in real estate in this country than any other means. It's a tangible asset. You can touch it...you can walk it.
I totally agree, but this is not the real estate forum.

I totally agree, but this is not the real estate forum.
I know that, Danny...it's a string talking about investment. I'm amused by people claiming to know what the future holds for Truth Social. Can we agree that it's a risk? One that may pay off handsomely or may absolutely crater? I know that the left want to attack anything that Trump is involved in but it's getting a bit ridiculous.

I know that, Danny...it's a string talking about investment. I'm amused by people claiming to know what the future holds for Truth Social. Can we agree that it's a risk? One that may pay off handsomely or may absolutely crater? I know that the left want to attack anything that Trump is involved in but it's getting a bit ridiculous.
The evidence so far shows this stock is more likely to tank than it is to be successful.

I agree it is too early to start digging its burial plot, and there is a lot of piling on right now because it is Trump's stock, I know from experience it aint over till it's over. It will be fun tracking it to see how it does, I really don't care either way.

Most of these folks are trusting and hard working, and don't even see it coming. Blind faith never ends well.

Jerry Dean McLain first bet on former president Donald Trump’s Truth Social two years ago, buying into the Trump company’s planned merger partner, Digital World Acquisition, at $90 a share. Over time, as the price changed, he kept buying, amassing hundreds of shares for $25,000 — pretty much his “whole nest egg,” he said.

That nest egg has lost about half its value in the past two weeks as Trump Media & Technology Group’s share price dropped from $66 after its public debut last month to $32 on Friday. But McLain, 71, who owns a tree-removal service outside Oklahoma City, said he’s not worried. If anything, he wants to buy more.

“I know good and well it’s in Trump’s hands, and he’s got plans,” he said. “I have no doubt it’s going to explode sometime.”

For shareholders like McLain, investing in Truth Social is less a business calculation than a statement of faith in the former president and the business traded under his initials, DJT.

Even the company’s plunging stock price — and the chance their investments could get mostly wiped out — doesn’t seem to have shaken that faith. The company has lost $3.5 billion in value since its public debut last month.

As a business, Trump Media has largely underwhelmed: The company lost $58 million last year on $4 million in revenue, less than the average Chick-fil-A franchise, even as it paid out millions in executive salaries, bonuses and stock.

And in two years, Truth Social has attracted a tiny fraction of the traffic other platforms see, according to estimates from the analytics firm Similarweb — one of the only ways to measure its performance, given that the company says it “does not currently, and may never, collect, monitor or report certain key operating metrics used by companies in similar industries.”

But for some Trump investors, the stock is a badge of honor — a way to show their devotion beyond buying Trump merchandise, visiting Trump golf courses or donating to Trump’s presidential campaign.

Thing 1: Invest with your hear and lose your ass. Stock market rule.
Thing 2: There was never any reason to invest in this stock. Nothing from a numbers perspective said buy.
Thing 3: I'd be interested to know the identities of those who purchased 500 or more shares on the first day. Given the numbers and that opening price I'm suspecting some illegal campaign contributions and money laundering. But that's just me.

Ok...They filed to issue additional stock. As of writing, stock has fallen 16% this morning.

The immediate question: why would you issue more stock?
Because "there's a sucker born every minute." and "never give a sucker an even break."

the cult will buy because it's what cults do.

College is no guarantee of intelligence. Look at your own footer. Good Ole' Joe, getting it done. NOPE. sorry. He's incompetent.
You may not educable but most people are.
Schools should require several years of logic. Critical thinking skills.

Just how imagine how you would have benefited. You'd have had a complete differant life.

Being stupid must have really sucked.

Everyone? You do realize that's idiotic...right? I have two brother in laws...one is a plumber...the other is an electrician. Both of them have made more money than I have over our lifetimes and I have an MBA. Neither of them are stupid. Both started and ran successful companies without a four year degree.

Yes, EVRRYONE should attend 4 years of college.
That they applied themselves and you didn't is of no consequence.

Yes, EVRRYONE should attend 4 years of college.
That they applied themselves and you didn't is of no consequence.
LOL...what makes you think I didn't "apply" myself? When I decided that I wanted to invest in real estate I took appraisal classes. I wanted to be better able to evaluate properties. All I'm saying is that college isn't for everyone. Some of our most brilliant minds didn't go.

The evidence so far shows this stock is more likely to tank than it is to be successful.

I agree it is too early to start digging its burial plot, and there is a lot of piling on right now because it is Trump's stock, I know from experience it aint over till it's over. It will be fun tracking it to see how it does, I really don't care either way.
At this point in Amazon's life the evidence showed that company was more likely to tank than to be successful. My point is that you really don't know. It's why I invested more in real estate than I ever did in the stock market.

Cash stream? Amazon was losing millions for years.
The difference between Amazon and TS is the revenue stream. Losses can be sustained for a while, until growth and the advantages of scale kick in. DJT is showing no such growth in value of what it’s offering the public or its likelihood of generating additional revenue.

Most of these folks are trusting and hard working, and don't even see it coming. Blind faith never ends well.

Jerry Dean McLain first bet on former president Donald Trump’s Truth Social two years ago, buying into the Trump company’s planned merger partner, Digital World Acquisition, at $90 a share. Over time, as the price changed, he kept buying, amassing hundreds of shares for $25,000 — pretty much his “whole nest egg,” he said.

That nest egg has lost about half its value in the past two weeks as Trump Media & Technology Group’s share price dropped from $66 after its public debut last month to $32 on Friday. But McLain, 71, who owns a tree-removal service outside Oklahoma City, said he’s not worried. If anything, he wants to buy more.

“I know good and well it’s in Trump’s hands, and he’s got plans,” he said. “I have no doubt it’s going to explode sometime.”

For shareholders like McLain, investing in Truth Social is less a business calculation than a statement of faith in the former president and the business traded under his initials, DJT.

Even the company’s plunging stock price — and the chance their investments could get mostly wiped out — doesn’t seem to have shaken that faith. The company has lost $3.5 billion in value since its public debut last month.

As a business, Trump Media has largely underwhelmed: The company lost $58 million last year on $4 million in revenue, less than the average Chick-fil-A franchise, even as it paid out millions in executive salaries, bonuses and stock.

And in two years, Truth Social has attracted a tiny fraction of the traffic other platforms see, according to estimates from the analytics firm Similarweb — one of the only ways to measure its performance, given that the company says it “does not currently, and may never, collect, monitor or report certain key operating metrics used by companies in similar industries.”

But for some Trump investors, the stock is a badge of honor — a way to show their devotion beyond buying Trump merchandise, visiting Trump golf courses or donating to Trump’s presidential campaign.

Trump educated.jpg

Forum List

Back