"Smaller government" advocates

What is smaller government?

Less spending on the poor?
Less government enforcement of environmental, labor and financial laws?
No standards for education?

It's letting the level of government for which the Constitution specifies has authority over decisions makes it.

Show me where the Constitution states such terms as food stamps, WIC, healthcare, etc.

Standards for education, according to the Constitution, lies with the States not the federal government.

Article 1, Section 1

I looked at that section. It doesn't use the words "food stamps, WIC, healthcare, etc".

where is our specifically enumerated, War on Drugs?

Do all the drugs you want. When you can't afford your food, clothing, shelter, etc., starve.
what if i have a work ethic and want to grow plants and sell them?

What if those who buy them can't afford to pay their rent?
why not; if they buy plants at a discount and resell them for more money? why deny and disparage any work ethic?

What if the drug was a narcotic?
alcohol is legal and more deadly than marijuana.

It's letting the level of government for which the Constitution specifies has authority over decisions makes it.

Show me where the Constitution states such terms as food stamps, WIC, healthcare, etc.

Standards for education, according to the Constitution, lies with the States not the federal government.
where is our specifically enumerated, War on Drugs?

Where is our specifically enumerated war on poverty?
Show me where the Constitution states such terms as food stamps, WIC, healthcare, War on Poverty, etc.

It doesn't yet the federal government has spent $22 trillion on a war on poverty since 1965.

How much have we spent on war since 1965?

Whatever the amount, it is Constitutionally allowed. You not liking it and it not being allowed are two different issues.

GAO: $45 Billion Wasted in Redundant Federal Programs
LINK: http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2014/04/09/45-Billion-

Wasted-Redundant-Federal-Programs-GAO

I have found articles repeating the same thing for approximately a DECADE. Out government has known about them yet has done nothing to resolve the problem.

The complete lack of accountability also continues to ensure a bloated federal government. The EPA, for example, just massively incompetently cause d MASSIVE environmental disaster. No one was held accountable, and the case Is being made (poorly, IMO) in it's aftermath the EPA should be given more money, more power, and more people. The disaster, itself, made the case for the OPPOSITE.

The VA is a great example of a government too large. The scandal was uncovered that government managers and personnel were giving themselves raises and bonuses while fabricating data and reports to 'earn' them, the whole time betraying our vets and leaving them without health care...some dying while waiting for care. Someone should have waded into that cesspool and fired an ass-load of people....but none were truly held accountable.
why not simplify Government to lower our tax burden?

Do all the drugs you want. When you can't afford your food, clothing, shelter, etc., starve.

why not; if they buy plants at a discount and resell them for more money? why deny and disparage any work ethic?

Typical argument from a pothead.

I guess the last person I saw killed by a driver that was smoking pot really wasn't dead?

Article 1, Section 1

I looked at that section. It doesn't use the words "food stamps, WIC, healthcare, etc".
both promote and provide are terms used regarding the general welfare in our federal Constitution.

typical non sequitur from a non-pot head. any more deflections or diversions? thc too low in your system to come up with better arguments?

Article 1, Section 1

both promote and provide are terms used regarding the general welfare in our federal Constitution.

Still doesn't use those specific words. That being a FACT, your belief that it means that is purely an opinion.

typical non sequitur from a non-pot head. any more deflections or diversions? thc too low in your system to come up with better arguments?

Any less willingness to admit you support the use of drugs because you use them?

how is wanting a large military equate to being in favor of big government?

the military has its own set of laws; we dont have to create new ones. the idiotic Left just doesnt get it; or they do get it but cant stop using straw men and red herrings to make their arguments. by smaller government nobody means no government at all, they mean fewer moronic regulations, and less interference in roles that should be played by parents and local government

the military has its own set of laws; we dont have to create new ones. the idiotic Left just doesnt get it; or they do get it but cant stop using straw men and red herrings to make their arguments. by smaller government nobody means no government at all, they mean fewer moronic regulations, and less interference in roles that should be played by parents and local government

The Founding Fathers wanted NO STANDING ARMIES. Small Government means NO STANDING ARMIES.

The ONLY reason we need the "War on Terror" is because the sons of bitches in DC feel the need to deploy the armed forces somewhere to murder innocent women and children. And lately those folks have decided to retaliate.

Article 1, Section 1

Still doesn't use those specific words. That being a FACT, your belief that it means that is purely an opinion.
nope; since Both terms are there, you have to prove it doesn't provide or promote the general welfare. A war on poverty can provide for the general welfare while a war on drugs merely and Only provides for the general warfare on drugs-not, the specifically enumerated, common defense.

Any less willingness to admit you support the use of drugs because you use them?
dear, everybody uses drugs. our federal government is the largest purchaser of drugs in the world. only practitioners of the abomination of hypocrisy are repugnant to our supreme laws of the land regardless of drug use.

Only the common Defense is specifically enumerated, not the common Offense.

dear, everybody uses drugs. our federal government is the largest purchaser of drugs in the world. only practitioners of the abomination of hypocrisy are repugnant to our supreme laws of the land regardless of drug use.

What drugs do you say I use?

Article 1, Section 1

nope; since Both terms are there, you have to prove it doesn't provide or promote the general welfare. A war on poverty can provide for the general welfare while a war on drugs merely and Only provides for the general warfare on drugs-not, the specifically enumerated, common defense.

You claimed that what it means. YOU have to prove YOUR claim.

Typical pothead answer.

The Founding Fathers wanted NO STANDING ARMIES. Small Government means NO STANDING ARMIES.

The ONLY reason we need the "War on Terror" is because the sons of bitches in DC feel the need to deploy the armed forces somewhere to murder innocent women and children. And lately those folks have decided to retaliate.

good one genius!!

how did that turn out?

What drugs do you say I use?
ever get a prescription instead of a mere, recommendation?

Forum List

Back