Smithsonian: How to Talk with Evangelicals about Evolution

Intelligent design is only offensive to shoe wearing monkeys who have an inflated Ego on their shoulder telling them, "No one created you, you're special! You're just a by product of random chemical collusion over eons. In fact, even the very idea of you being "you" is just chemicals. Trust me on this. I know things"

You know how sometimes you assemble all of the materials to build a house, a far less complex structure than a living cell, and then a bolt of lightening strikes and - VIOLA! the house builds itself? Well, that's how evolutionists believe the first cells were formed. Stop laughing, they're serious about that
ID’iot creationism is offensive to thinking humans. I've never read of a single instance of your gods or anyone else's gods throwing down a bolt of lightning that built a house. Your silly storytime tale makes no sense.

Right! Exactly!!! There's your problem! "creationism is offensive to thinking humans"

You nailed it!
Magic and supernaturalism is not an answer for anything.

Intelligent design is only offensive to shoe wearing monkeys who have an inflated Ego on their shoulder telling them, "No one created you, you're special! You're just a by product of random chemical collusion over eons. In fact, even the very idea of you being "you" is just chemicals. Trust me on this. I know things"

You know how sometimes you assemble all of the materials to build a house, a far less complex structure than a living cell, and then a bolt of lightening strikes and - VIOLA! the house builds itself? Well, that's how evolutionists believe the first cells were formed. Stop laughing, they're serious about that
ID’iot creationism is offensive to thinking humans. I've never read of a single instance of your gods or anyone else's gods throwing down a bolt of lightning that built a house. Your silly storytime tale makes no sense.

Yet you believe that a bolt of lighting ignited the Primordial Soup (Praise be to the G-d of the Glops) and made a living cell, amiright?
You be either the gods magically created all of existence 6,000 years ago, right?
Thinking humans have severe limitations

It's good that you're flailing away so desperately, might mean you're finally understanding

I'm still fascinated by the Evolutionary explanation of how the first cells appeared: well, they just did! We know they existed, therefore evolution!

Darwin didn't shed any light on the creation of organic cells and still today, there two very different, and equally plausible explanations for the source of organic cells on Earth. But the science is never settled, as no science ever is.

We know by experimentation that carbon-based organic molecules will spontaneously combine from existing free elements under conditions found in nature.

Hydrocarbon chains are ubiquitous in nature, but cellular membranes are comprised of complex and precisely arranged molecular compounds, namely, phospholipids and proteins. In the first place, the molecular precursors of phospholipids and proteins, in and of themselves, do not spontaneously combine in raw nature, i.e., outside living cells.

We also know that organic molecules that exist in space and which exist in our solar system have been found on meteorites found on Earth.

Either explanation could explain the existence of organic molecules -- or --- both could be true.

The existence of the underlying chemical substance of organic molecules isn’t really what needs to be explained. We know that life is comprised of the stuff of the universe, and we know for a fact that a few amines and amino acids are naturally produced in outer space and in serpentinizing rocks on seafloors.

Under variously simulated environmental and atmospheric conditions in the laboratory, we have synthesized 31 amino acids, 17 of which are among the 20 of life, 6 amines, 12 peptides, the purines and pyrimidines of life, and the ribonucleotides cytosine and uracil. But here’s the caveat. Other than the few amines and amino acids produced in raw nature, we can’t produce the others outside the carefully controlled conditions of the laboratory.

The usual gods of the gap pleading.

Right, there must have been first cells: therefore evolution!

Science = Settled!
Well, if you find it too confusing, just screech out “the gawds did it”.

It's not "too confusing" it's just physically soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo unlikely as to be impossible

Cells are not Lego Blocks Dear, they are EXTREMELY Complex and must function PERFECTLY; that doesn't happen by random collisions

Yes, the usual gods of the gaps pleading.

“It’s too complicated, therefore, “the gawds did it”.

I can't explain it, therefore evolution!

Sounds a lot like the missing science behind Climate Change. Yeah we can't ever demonstrate any of it and the math assures that our Theory fail, but we have Consensus!

Did you know that single Cells are complex?
Well, actually, the biological sciences have gone a long say toward confirming the mechanisms of evolution. Most of us began learning about the biological sciences as early as 7th grade.

How strange that the biological sciences have given us medicines that cure disease even when prayer and rattling bones aren’t as effective.

Can you identify where the theory of evolution fails? And, more importantly, can you post the ID’iot creationer “General Theory of The Gawds Did It”?

It would be swell if we could finally abandon knowledge and learning and just trust your Allah god to make everything peachy keen.

Yes Evolution was a concept stuck in my head at a young age and now that I've been researching things on my own, I see how totally WRONG it is.

Science is one vast, global conspiracy.
Evolution is about as scientific as man-made gullible warming

Right! Exactly!!! There's your problem! "creationism is offensive to thinking humans"

You nailed it!
Magic and supernaturalism is not an answer for anything.

It's like expecting a termite to read the architectural plans of the house they're destroying

Have you EVER written a post 1/3 as long as your Sig?
(It's even hard to find your bitsy posts somewhere above your bolded sig paragraphs)
No, because you have No substance whatsoever.

You can't debate anything.
You don't know anything you didn't learn in Sunday school or RW email chains.
You're a pathetic religious/mullah Troll.

`

`

Last edited:
..and you believe that intelligent design is far-fetched
Dale, you are incoherent. Are you suggesting we have the facts and are just studying the design? Or that "intelligent design" means a skydaddy just poofed life into existence? You don't even know. This is the science section, not the magic contrail section. Please think this stuff through before commenting.

I'm still fascinated by the Evolutionary explanation of how the first cells appeared: well, they just did! We know they existed, therefore evolution!

Darwin didn't shed any light on the creation of organic cells and still today, there two very different, and equally plausible explanations for the source of organic cells on Earth. But the science is never settled, as no science ever is.

We know by experimentation that carbon-based organic molecules will spontaneously combine from existing free elements under conditions found in nature.

Hydrocarbon chains are ubiquitous in nature, but cellular membranes are comprised of complex and precisely arranged molecular compounds, namely, phospholipids and proteins. In the first place, the molecular precursors of phospholipids and proteins, in and of themselves, do not spontaneously combine in raw nature, i.e., outside living cells.

We also know that organic molecules that exist in space and which exist in our solar system have been found on meteorites found on Earth.

Either explanation could explain the existence of organic molecules -- or --- both could be true.

The existence of the underlying chemical substance of organic molecules isn’t really what needs to be explained. We know that life is comprised of the stuff of the universe, and we know for a fact that a few amines and amino acids are naturally produced in outer space and in serpentinizing rocks on seafloors.

Under variously simulated environmental and atmospheric conditions in the laboratory, we have synthesized 31 amino acids, 17 of which are among the 20 of life, 6 amines, 12 peptides, the purines and pyrimidines of life, and the ribonucleotides cytosine and uracil. But here’s the caveat. Other than the few amines and amino acids produced in raw nature, we can’t produce the others outside the carefully controlled conditions of the laboratory.

Science = Settled!

It's not "too confusing" it's just physically soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo unlikely as to be impossible

Cells are not Lego Blocks Dear, they are EXTREMELY Complex and must function PERFECTLY; that doesn't happen by random collisions

Sounds a lot like the missing science behind Climate Change. Yeah we can't ever demonstrate any of it and the math assures that our Theory fail, but we have Consensus!

Well, actually, the biological sciences have gone a long say toward confirming the mechanisms of evolution. Most of us began learning about the biological sciences as early as 7th grade.

How strange that the biological sciences have given us medicines that cure disease even when prayer and rattling bones aren’t as effective.

Can you identify where the theory of evolution fails? And, more importantly, can you post the ID’iot creationer “General Theory of The Gawds Did It”?

It would be swell if we could finally abandon knowledge and learning and just trust your Allah god to make everything peachy keen.

Yes Evolution was a concept stuck in my head at a young age and now that I've been researching things on my own, I see how totally WRONG it is.

Your conspiracy theories about science are pretty typical for religious extremists.

Trolling?! I already told you, there's nothing you can teach me about the theory of evodelusion, and the post that you challenged was a response to another's about abiogenesis, which you gave a thumbs down because you either don't like the facts, as they certainly do not support abiogenesis, or because you think the facts are wrong.

:auiqs.jpg:

Prove me wrong. Got link?

Reverend Ringtone either showed he's Stupid, or as Daily, presenting False challenges to the board.

Once again:

Just how did Darwin prove that naturalism is true? Link?
Darwin didn't "prove" naturalism is true, it was his observation and has since been confirmed by every new relevant science and an infinite amount of fossil, etc, evidence.

Science doesn't deal in "Proof" you stupid Dishonest/False challenge POS..
Science deals in theories affirmed over time.
In this case 160 years and counting.
All good.
Asking how the man who most famously first observed it "Proved" it is FALLACIOUS and DISHONEST.. like you.

See my above last two posts of Evidence demonstrating Evolution is true.
UNREFUTED, UNTOUCHED.

Reverend Ringtone, OTOH, has shown ZERO hard evidence for god/s.

`
ZERO.
Just semantic BS/philosophical speculation.

Just how did Darwin prove that naturalism is true? Link?
Darwin didn't "prove" naturalism is true, it was his observation and has since been confirmed by every new relevant science and an infinite amount of fossil, etc, evidence.

Science doesn't deal in "Proof" you stupid Dishonest/False challenge POS..
Science deals in theories affirmed over time.
In this case 160 years and counting.
All good.
Asking how the man who most famously first observed it "Proved" it is FALLACIOUS and DISHONEST.. like you.

See my above last two posts of Evidence demonstrating Evolution is true.
UNREFUTED, UNTOUCHED.

Reverend Ringtone, OTOH, has shown ZERO hard evidence for god/s.

`
ZERO.
Just semantic BS/philosophical speculation.

Well, then, if you can't prove that naturalism is true, how do you know evodelusion is true?

crickets chirping

Well, then, if you can't prove that naturalism is true, how do you know evodelusion is true?

crickets chirping
Another nonsense/troll post.

Ringtone came here full of long philosophical if asinine/stupid posts.
Now (long ago) exposed as just another 'Crusader Frank'/Religious freak....
He a simple Troll.

LAUGHED off many message boards with his identical essay/gibberish. (It only worked on his own little blog)
A pathetic beaten and failed Liar for Jesus.
So he's become an 8 yr old (or is demented).

`

Last edited:
Abiogenesis happened somewhere.
Evolution shows how life started?
NO.
But Creationists always lump that into evolution because it is NOT yet a fact.
Evolution happened no matter how life 'sparked,' and a soon as it did.
Some like to think that the existence of life also 'evolved' from naturally occurring, non-living, complex long chain molecules that have natural tendencies to form into structures that are very much like life.
(I have TWO threads on that on THIS page) (WTF!)

`
Then what did you mean by this
That does not solve NOR help discover how life started in the FIRST place.
Evolution does neither of those. But that is justification for ignoring another theory? lol
As i said, you have an astounding lack of logic. And apparently consistency.
Abiogenesis happened somewhere. We know that.
yep. Even in the bible lol
Hah, true. But best to reject the magical horseshit.

Says the guy who believes a man can become a woman by putting on a wig.

LOL
Says the moron who trusts Putin over America. Just another russian troll, stinking up the joint.

Don't worry, Biden has his #1 girl handling the whole Russian problem:

11930586556_dd9e143944_k-1.jpg

Science = Settled!

Your conspiracy theories about science are pretty typical for religious extremists.
Whatever, Dude. I have respect for actual science and scientists. I don't know why real scientists don't boot the Climate Change cult from campus

You Progs look at the negative side on a science/religious issue. Its the living part that evangelicals at a much higher percentage seem to have better lives. People who follow religious rules seem to have a lot less headaches. So take it for what it is. It means more resources from taxes for the many flaws of the evolution crowd.

Science = Settled!

Good gawd but religious extremists are scary. That biological organisms evolve is just fact. You can deny that fact and launch into all the usual conspiracies but that won't change the facts.

The theory of evolution has undergone rigorous review in the scientific community and remains the best, most coherent explanation of the observed development of life on Earth. The term ''theory'', in the context of science discussions, means "a coherent group of general propositions used as principles of explanation for a class of phenomena" (Barnhart 1948). Besides the theory, there is the fact of evolution, the observation that life has changed greatly over time. Supporting the fact of evolution are the complimentary sciences of biology, paleontology, earth science, chemistry, etc. The theory of evolution explains the facts. The theory of evolution is no less valid than theory of gravity, atomic theory, the germ theory of disease, and the theory of limits (on which calculus is based). On the fundamental, most basic issues of the theory of evolution, such as the demonstrated facts of common descent and natural selection, there is no controversy within the scientific community. With near exclusivity, the only controversy emerges from fundamentalist Christianity

Science = Settled!

Good gawd but religious extremists are scary. That biological organisms evolve is just fact. You can deny that fact and launch into all the usual conspiracies but that won't change the facts.

The theory of evolution has undergone rigorous review in the scientific community and remains the best, most coherent explanation of the observed development of life on Earth. The term ''theory'', in the context of science discussions, means "a coherent group of general propositions used as principles of explanation for a class of phenomena" (Barnhart 1948). Besides the theory, there is the fact of evolution, the observation that life has changed greatly over time. Supporting the fact of evolution are the complimentary sciences of biology, paleontology, earth science, chemistry, etc. The theory of evolution explains the facts. The theory of evolution is no less valid than theory of gravity, atomic theory, the germ theory of disease, and the theory of limits (on which calculus is based). On the fundamental, most basic issues of the theory of evolution, such as the demonstrated facts of common descent and natural selection, there is no controversy within the scientific community. With near exclusivity, the only controversy emerges from fundamentalist Christianity
You're not even talking to me, just fighting windmills

Science = Settled!

You're not even talking to me, just fighting windmills

I've found that hitting the fundies with facts tends to quiet em' down.

Forum List

Back