Smithsonian: How to Talk with Evangelicals about Evolution

“ why is there life only here on earth

We only have taken a look at seven other planets, other than our own, and we taken that close of a look.

There could still be microbial life on Mars. A possibility exists for life in the upper cloud layers of Jupiter or perhaps in the ice covered oceans of Europa.

It's a awfully big Universe and it's way too early for anyone to say that life only exists on Earth.

We only have taken a look at seven other planets, other than our own, and we taken that close of a look.

There could still be microbial life on Mars. A possibility exists for life in the upper cloud layers of Jupiter or perhaps in the ice covered oceans of Europa.

It's a awfully big Universe and it's way too early for anyone to say that life only exists on Earth.
Yup….it’s way too early because we are still at our infancy in dealing with space, time and distance. The idea of space exploration is a dream and better left to the imagination of movies for now. All the information we can gather is that which is decades to thousands of years old. We’re just little more then 100 years since we learned to fly. We’re still burning fossil fuels like we did at the dawn of man. We are really quite backwards….Apple Inc. toys aside.

How to talk to evangelicas about evolution:

You don't. You give them and F on the 7th grade science quiz and say, "See you back in this class next year, better luck next time".

Otherwise, nothing else to say.

It‘s hard to imagine turning the deniers when there is no support for their deranged position anywhere in the real world Now. They live in Oz. Oz lives on too. There will always be a segment of the population that’s delusional.
There are people who need to be told what to think----and they can not break what they were taught as kids and saw most people do and be. On a primitive level, humans are a social animal that follows a herd. This changes when the herd thought process changes.

There are people who need to be told what to think----and they can not break what they were taught as kids and saw most people do and be. On a primitive level, humans are a social animal that follows a herd. This changes when the herd thought process changes.
So, you must be in management where you don’t have to do what ever anyone says at work.

As I said, your atheist science is a religion science and is wrong. Otherwise, you'd have evidence for no God/gods. It's creationists who have evidence for God. However, the atheists won't accept the proof even if it is foolproof. They are that foolish. So, the only proof for you, the atheists and the sinners will come in your deaths. It comes in the evidence of pain and more pain after Judgement Day.

OIP.0L8ySNniSgCVzC5a9b2xfAHaKV

For the Christian ones who believe in atheist science, I don't know what happens to them. Personally, I don't think you can take both sides.
Keep it up. You'll drive children away from faith.

No, they're based on Science which is not religious just truth seeking.
If it makes you happier we could have them be literalist/Radical Hindus or Muslims...
Your sort.
So you make a big Mistake, many people of science are culturally Christian just not Raving Lunatic Literalist Like you, you Freak.

No/none/ZERO respectable persons in science are Genesis litter-alists like you.

Libtard is a word/insult with no meaning.
I just don't get my science from a bunch of primitive morons written 2000 years ago and take it literally.

You Clown.
You're the Christian Taliban.
Now stop hogging the keyboard and give the other patients a turn.

`
Let's not get carried away with ad hominems. I think you're getting ALL EMO because I have experimental evidence that backs up the Bible.

What evidence you present is just paper (which I mentioned already many times as articles and papers atheist scientists/evolution scientists wrote to get funding). Do you have any experiments or documentation of research findings?

Without the experiments or documentation of research findings, then you have nothing but opinion.

I pointed out the difference between natural selection by evolution, i.e. doesn't happen, versus natural selection by creation.

I don't think there would be if they are exposed to solar winds. That's like trying to live in either or outer space. That is too harsh for any form of life. We have microbes in the extreme heat and cold and high and low of Earth, but we have a magnetic field to protect us from the solar winds.

I think I've cut the WARNINGS down. It's okay with me if you do not believe it, but creation science is NOT RELIGION. It's science.
Nope. Creation science is not science and no one should teach it as such. Be honest. Teach the supernatural.

The good thing is, there are many children regardless of how they were raised to disregard facts, can still be educated. We see it all the time when kids are exposed to the real world.

I think I've cut the WARNINGS down. It's okay with me if you do not believe it, but creation science is NOT RELIGION. It's science.
That’s hilarious. You think you can put two words together and adopt a composite of the two. A benevolent Hitler or honest Trump doesn’t work either. Science and creationism don’t go together. They aren’t even in the same ball park. Science is a methodology. Creation is something people believe in who don’t use the scientific method. Of course, you don’t use the scientific method. You need to get the vast majority of the scientific community that uses the scientific method to agree on creationism long before you can claim it’s a science. They don’t.

Nope. Creation science is not science and no one should teach it as such. Be honest. Teach the supernatural.
The supernatural of the Christian God is a big part of life as we have the days of creation, the Bible and how science backs it up. You don't understand real science and evidence if you believe evolution.

The supernatural of the Christian God is a big part of life as we have the days of creation, the Bible and how science backs it up. You don't understand real science and evidence if you believe evolution.
You don't understand reality if you believe in the supernatural.

ID'iot creationerism is a laughable joke. It's religious extremism under a burqa of falsehoods.

You don't understand reality if you believe in the supernatural.
God is part of OUR reality as science backs up the Bible. The greatest scientists in the history of humankind believed in God. I think I've proved science doesn't back up evolution. That's the REALITY.

God is part of OUR reality as science backs up the Bible. The greatest scientists in the history of humankind believed in God. I think I've proved science doesn't back up evolution. That's the REALITY.
Your gods are not a part of any reality. Science does not "back up" the bibles. You have not proven anything about science.

Your gods are not a part of any reality. Science does not "back up" the bibles. You have not proven anything about science.
Eres un peredor. I'm even learning some Spanish here lol.

I know you atheists do not get science.

Still on that same tripe ? Science has no skin in the game you call the Bible. You’ve proven over and over you know nothing about science. Evolution is a main stay of biology and other sciences. You never had a science class ?

Forum List

Back