Snowden plans to settle and work in Russia – lawyer to RT

.NSA leaker Edward Snowden plans to settle in Russia and is ready to begin a court battle if the country’s migration service denies his asylum plea, Anatoly Kucherena, a Russian lawyer who assists the whistleblower, told RT.

"whistleblower"? He's a traitor and a criminal. No one who believes in government transparency would choose to immigrate to Putin's Russia. His actions where both illegal and reprehensible. No patriot would support his behavior.

Good for him. He is a highly qualified IT professional whose skill will be welcome. I just hope he doesn't stop telling the world about Papa Doc obama.

.NSA leaker Edward Snowden plans to settle in Russia and is ready to begin a court battle if the country’s migration service denies his asylum plea, Anatoly Kucherena, a Russian lawyer who assists the whistleblower, told RT.

"whistleblower"? He's a traitor and a criminal. No one who believes in government transparency would choose to immigrate to Putin's Russia. His actions where both illegal and reprehensible. No patriot would support his behavior.

I get your drift, he should have returned to the USA for indefinite solitary confinement and torture.

.:cuckoo:

I get your drift, he should have returned to the USA for indefinite solitary confinement and torture.

I wouldn't expect a criminal to do that, I would expect a criminal to run from justice. That's exactly what he did. Russia? What would Putin do? He put young female musicians in prison for protesting him.

If President Obama were like Putin, a goodly number of Republican Pols would be in prison today, as well as some of the echo chamber who post here everyday, Rush Limbaugh and the all the talking heads on Fox.

Does it make you feel superior to diss someone with an emoticon? (it shouldn't, it's childish)

Maybe. We don't know the full details. It's possible he may have been paid well for his treason.

It's also possible that he's a visitor from Mars but since "we don't know the full details" isn't it a bit disingenuous to speculate on it?

Since you labelled Snowden a "criminal" in this thread it begs the question, what would you do if you found evidence that the U.S. Government was (in your opinion) engaging in very serious and ongoing violations of the constitutionally protected rights of millions of Americans?

"I do not ask the wounded person how he feels, I myself become the wounded person." -- Walt Whitman

Were Snowden a whistleblower, he would have stayed here, and accepted the rule of law. As did Henry David Thoreou.

His running to China and Russia, and revealing far more than just the extent of domestic spying, simply makes him a traitor and a criminal.

This domestic spying started under Bush. I like it no better under Obama than Bush, but the precedent was established by when the GOP had control of all branches of the government. And the same people crying foul today were saying then that if you had nothing to hide, you had nothing to fear. Your hypocracy is extreme.

Yes, a whistleblower. Exposing the crimes of a government agency. That's what that would mean. He's not a traitor for exposing criminal activity of the government tot eh American people. Although, I see you've been swallowing down your favorite TV talking heads buzz words.

Were Snowden a whistleblower, he would have stayed here, and accepted the rule of law. As did Henry David Thoreou.

His running to China and Russia, and revealing far more than just the extent of domestic spying, simply makes him a traitor and a criminal.

This domestic spying started under Bush. I like it no better under Obama than Bush, but the precedent was established by when the GOP had control of all branches of the government. And the same people crying foul today were saying then that if you had nothing to hide, you had nothing to fear. Your hypocracy is extreme.

Proof that he revealed "more" than the illegal activity of the NSA?

i didn't think so.

If Snowden had stayed, he would have ended up like Michael Hastings or Andrew Breitbart. Not only that, but if he had stayed, he would have been prevented from any further exposure of Papa Doc obama's criminal activity.

What else does he have to say? He should be somewhere safe, where he can tell us.

I wouldn't expect a criminal to do that, I would expect a criminal to run from justice. That's exactly what he did. Russia? What would Putin do? He put young female musicians in prison for protesting him.

If President Obama were like Putin, a goodly number of Republican Pols would be in prison today, as well as some of the echo chamber who post here everyday, Rush Limbaugh and the all the talking heads on Fox.

Does it make you feel superior to diss someone with an emoticon? (it shouldn't, it's childish)

WHY do you approve of the government spying on its people?

Government employee?

On welfare?

Mentally retarded?

I'm in an awkward position of having to agree in part with a bed wetter.

Snowden may have done the right thing and exposed criminal activity at the highest level of government, but running off to Russia? I don't think he's a traitor per say, but his actions are criminal. He released classified information to the entire world. He should have gone through elected officials that could keep him from being prosecuted and work through the channels of government to end the criminal acts of the executive branch.

Just my oppinion of course, and I know there are lots of people I otherwise agree with on other issues that believe he's a modern day Paul Revere.

The patriots of the revolutionary period put their lives and everything their families owned at risk for what they believed in. Snowden was not willing to take much risk here.

I'm in an awkward position of having to agree in part with a bed wetter.

Snowden may have done the right thing and exposed criminal activity at the highest level of government, but running off to Russia? I don't think he's a traitor per say, but his actions are criminal. He released classified information to the entire world. He should have gone through elected officials that could keep him from being prosecuted and work through the channels of government to end the criminal acts of the executive branch.

Just my oppinion of course, and I know there are lots of people I otherwise agree with on other issues that believe he's a modern day Paul Revere.

The patriots of the revolutionary period put their lives and everything their families owned at risk for what they believed in. Snowden was not willing to take much risk here.

He should have hung around like Michael Hastings did.

WHY do you approve of the government spying on its people?

Government employee?

On welfare?

Mentally retarded?

Just because he doesn't agree with what Snowden did doesn't mean he likes the idea of government intrusion, at least into his own life.

I do notice most bed wetters seem content with government doing anything it wants to everyone else though.

You can bet the farm that if Romney got elected and this story broke the day after he was sworn in, the moonbat howling would shatter glass around the world.

Forum List

Back