So if Pelosi is right and Trump is impeached, McTurtle can dismiss or try Trump anytime he wants.

I suppose he can try. He's already shown his willingness to put in the fix for the president. Might as well abandon all pretense of impartiality.

The President needs no fix.
No crimes committed.
Needs no witnesses either.
OK Trumpbot.

OK anti-Trumpbot.
I am an anti-Trumpbot. I pretty much despise your ready acceptance of any stupid thing he does. After accusing democrats of being brainwashed for 8 years you people are really showing us what blind following behavior looks like.

The impeachment is a total failure. It made Trump stronger, and democrats weaker. The longer it drags on, the better.

I suppose he can try. He's already shown his willingness to put in the fix for the president. Might as well abandon all pretense of impartiality.

No crimes committed.
OK Trumpbot.

OK anti-Trumpbot.
I am an anti-Trumpbot. I pretty much despise your ready acceptance of any stupid thing he does. After accusing democrats of being brainwashed for 8 years you people are really showing us what blind following behavior looks like.

All I can say is, KAGA bitch!
KAGA!!

No crimes committed.
OK Trumpbot.

OK anti-Trumpbot.

KAGA!!
Kill All Goodness in America?

Better for all the politicians in DC. The longer it is drug out, the longer people like you have tunnel vision focus on it and ignore the rest of what they are doing.
Politics is Zero Net Sum.

Pelosi let the radicals paint her inti a corner and she's trying to slow down the bleeding.

She knows Trump will get even more independent voters, more coverage, more contributions, and even more enthusiasm from Trump voters after he's acquitted.

His last rally was 20,000+.

No telling what his Acquittal Rally will draw.

There are no impartial Senators.
I'm kind of rooting for Mitch to totally go all in for Trump. To really show just how much republicans are willing to put president over party over country.

People who live in political glass houses should not throw stones.

No crimes committed.
OK Trumpbot.

OK anti-Trumpbot.

KAGA!!
Kill All Goodness in America?

Witty, in a TDS kind of way.
But, wrong, as usual.

No crimes committed.
OK Trumpbot.

OK anti-Trumpbot.

KAGA!!

Now, while Make America Great Again makes sense, especially if you feel the previous admin drug down the reputation of this country, but KAGA? Are you saying Keep America Great Again? That makes no sense grammatically. It would imply that Trump made America great, but if we have to Keep America Great Again, that means that Trump fucked up somewhere after he was elected, and has to fix his screw up in order to Keep America Great Again.

Sometimes you Trump supporters make zero sense.

Per Article 1 of the Constitution:

1. The House has the Sole authority to impeach.

2.The Senate has the Sole authority to try all Impeachments.

So either:

A. Trump hasn't been impeached yet
or
B. McTurtle can dismiss, or try Trump with any rules he chooses anytime he gets a hair up his ass.

There are no other options.

The House has the authority to impeach, and they have done that. The Senate holds a trial after the impeachment to decide if they kick the president out or not.

Like I've said many times before, you guys gotta quit mixing stuff up. Sorry, but Trump has been impeached. He was impeached the second the gavel hit the desk and Pelosi said he was.

Now? It's up to the Senate to hold a trial and see if they want him removed.

And...............in case you forgot, Clinton was impeached by the House, but the Senate decided to keep him in office. But, he was still impeached, even though he remained in office.
Newt delivered the articles to the Senate the same day as they voted.

Nadlers hand picked Trump hating Constitutional Impeachment expert disagrees with you.

But I hope you're right, and McTurtle starts and finishes the trial while Nancy is sucking her thumb holding onto the articles.

They just need to give Trump a few days notice to plan his rally.

I think the strategy here should be pretty clear to the Republicans now. Based on how Pelosi is handling this, there is no urgency to do anything in the senate.

Mitch McConnell should announce that he will not hold a trial and will instead let the people be the jury in November 2020. He should state that it appears that Pelosi is not in any rush to proceed and may go forward with additional Articles per court filings. That being the case, we will let the people decide on these matters. The rationale should be that the issues at stake are completely partisan and are best left to the people. Case closed.

I'm kind of rooting for Mitch to totally go all in for Trump. To really show just how much republicans are willing to put president over party over country.

The narrative has already been set that ANY result other than conviction will be called invalid by the usual suspects.

Better for all the politicians in DC. The longer it is drug out, the longer people like you have tunnel vision focus on it and ignore the rest of what they are doing.
Politics is Zero Net Sum.

Pelosi let the radicals paint her inti a corner and she's trying to slow down the bleeding.

She knows Trump will get even more independent voters, more coverage, more contributions, and even more enthusiasm from Trump voters after he's acquitted.

His last rally was 20,000+.

No telling what his Acquittal Rally will draw.

Your view of what the outcome will be on voters is meaningless, you have zero objectivity.

So, how much do you know about the slew of bills that were passed the last week while these groups that pretend to hate each came together to pass them and be signed by a president...who signed two bills despite making a promise never to sign that sort of bill again?

How is is that people that hate each other so very much are able to magically create a massive bill to fuck with our retirement system, get it passed in both the House and the Senate and have the POTUS sign it?

So either:

or
B. McTurtle can dismiss, or try Trump with any rules he chooses anytime he gets a hair up his ass.

The House has the authority to impeach, and they have done that. The Senate holds a trial after the impeachment to decide if they kick the president out or not.

Like I've said many times before, you guys gotta quit mixing stuff up. Sorry, but Trump has been impeached. He was impeached the second the gavel hit the desk and Pelosi said he was.

Now? It's up to the Senate to hold a trial and see if they want him removed.

And...............in case you forgot, Clinton was impeached by the House, but the Senate decided to keep him in office. But, he was still impeached, even though he remained in office.
Newt delivered the articles to the Senate the same day as they voted.

Nadlers hand picked Trump hating Constitutional Impeachment expert disagrees with you.

But I hope you're right, and McTurtle starts and finishes the trial while Nancy is sucking her thumb holding onto the articles.

They just need to give Trump a few days notice to plan his rally.
Nothing is going to happen till after the holidays anyway, have some nog or something.

So either:

or

The impeachment rules state that she can not turn it over to the Senate while the Senate is not in session and on Holiday break.

I would not panic yet, on either side of the aisle...

this is simply two bulls, putting on a bull fight with each other.

Nancy's balls or McConnell's balls get served up as rocky mountain oysters later! :D

Honestly though, it's a show to make a big deal out of this...

Did you know that President Bill Clinton was impeached on December 19th, and the impeachment was not turned over to the Senate until January 2nd... no one was making this kind of stink over it, again, on either side.

The narrative has already been set that ANY result other than conviction will be called invalid by the usual suspects.
That's because McConnell said he's going to be working with the White House to coordinate Trump's acquittal. Funny how we would get that idea.

That's because McConnell said he's going to be working with the White House to coordinate Trump's acquittal. Funny how we would get that idea.

No, that was set long ago, when it was revealed how weak the case against Trump really was.

"The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present."

Not shared power, not house approved power, not prerequisite power. The Senate has sole power and Pelosi's demands, feelings, opinions are irrelevant for the process.

The process is pretty simple. The House impeaches the President, where there is debate, inquiry and vote. With the vote, House had done their part of the process. Constitutionally, they have no right to make any demands to the Senate or to "approve" how the Senate will conduct their part of the process, where they have the sole power over it.

No, that was set long ago, when it was revealed how weak the case against Trump really was.
The case is ironclad. Trump's entire defense is "So what? I can do what I want".

The case is ironclad. Trump's entire defense is "So what? I can do what I want".

Within his powers, he can.

Forum List

Back