So Kyle Larson has been fired for using the N word

We live in a dystopia. A man's life ruined for uttering a word. LOL!

A stupid fucking word...life ruined.

Think about that? Think about the mentality that sits back and says

"ok...that's fair...that's just...that's deserved"

"Yeap...he said the word which shall never be said...he said...the N WOOOORD"

A nation full of fucking illogical, brain dead, unthinking, fucking sheep.

You know I seen you act dumb before but now Im convinced, you wasnt acting

Wait a second, fbj. YOU post "I "seen" you act dumb....." and "you "wasnt" acting". And HE'S the dumb one? You obviously slept through grammar lessons in school.

Only faggots care about grammar. Good night

And YOUR grammar is hideous. You need to work on that if you want to get the babes. Just some kindly advice......

Not as hideous as your credit score

THAT word hurts black people feelings
OK I get that. I lived through some of that history and it's a word I never say, not even with the 'A' at the end. But do you think it's right for a man to lose his career and reputation over it?
What I'm having a hard time with is everyone who is acting as if something horrible has been done to Kyle when it was he himself who committed the act that resulted in the backlash of his sponsors dropping him.

I find it very difficult to believe that anyone in this day and age is unaware that being a racist - overt or covert, or using racial slurs is unacceptable in polite society. It hasn't always been so, but the fact that being a racist can have negative consequences is progress , in my opinion.

I wouldn't be suprised to discoverer that his contracts with his sponsors includes language that indicates he cannot engage in certain types of behaviors including those which put his sponsor's reputations at risk or that are a violation of any number laws, and that doing so essentially renders the contract null and void or at least gives his sponsors an out.

Apparently from this thread I suggest Larson run for a fucking Republican elected office. Seems tolerating racists is endemic in its ranks. Dude forgets where he is and shows his real colors - racist asshole, and this board plays him off as ... the VICTIM. Victimized righties. It’s almost one word now victimizedrighties.

I heard the video. It was a poor choice of wording but he didnt mean anything bad. He was just goofing playing a game.
Same.

The whole thing is bullshit. Especially given the way rappers and other blacks used the same word in so much more a derogatory way, every day.

I have had it with the ridiculous "Racist" double standard that is gripping this country. IMO there is no reason that Kyle Larson should have had his career destroyed because he muttered the N word at nobody playing a video game. Have we gone insane? How many stupid Racist attacks on White people has Al Sharpton made in the last 50 years? Not only was he not fired he has been rewarded with multi-millions for his inflammatory hateful Racist rhetoric.

If you are going to apply such a high PC bar for Kyle Larson, then apply it to everyone. The better alternative is to not be so reactive to simple statements and to forgive indiscretions. It is almost as if we are living in a police state ruled by politically correct tyrants. IMO this is not America. Kyle Larson should be reinstated.
He deserves what he gets.

He does not. Your support of throwing people to the wolves for no reason, makes you the bad guy.

So, you're saying he should be immune from the ramifications of his actions?
I'm saying no one should lose their career over saying a random slur, be it the N word, ****, Chink, Cracker whatever. We have gone way too far in Political Correctness and are way too sensitive about words.

Well, the guy who signs the checks over at Chip Ganassi Racing apparently has a different opinion than you and, seeing as he was signing Larson's checks, his opinion is the one which matters...

Your inability to defend, the action you obvious support, is clear to everyone.

Why do you share with us, the real reason you support this?

I support an employer being permitted to run his business how he sees fit. For the life of me I don't understand why you wouldn't support that...

Nice buzz words.

Your inability to refute my arguments are noted...

You didn't make an argument. My point was to judge the morality of their actions, and you talked about their right to do their actions.

1. No society, hell, no group of humans have ever operated that way. ALL humans judge the behavior of other humans. YOu are denying this obvious truth, because you know that behavior is indefensible, and yet, you like it.

2. They fired him for no reason.

3. They should have said, that was rude, and yet, not important. If he makes a habit of it, come ask us again.

You've apparently never run a business.

Do you always give someone a second chance when they fuck up?

Like it or not, our business climate today is one which has little patience for someone who'll say such things, and which has even less patience for a business which would employ such a person. That's not my opinion, that's reality, man.

Maybe you woud've kept him on if he worked for you, and that would be your prerogative. But it was the prerogative of CGR to let him go...

You keep going back to that same strawman, that they had the right to fire him.

Every time you do that, you are admitting that you know your defense of their throwing him to the wolves, for no reason, is not working.

For no reason? You think losing millions in sponsorship is 'no reason'? Keeping the sponsors happy is a huge part of the job. Ridiculous.

I think your excuses for destroying a man's life, look weaker and weaker as you keep using more like buzz words rather than actual arguments.

Sponsors bailed. Without sponsors, a team can't compete.

You're basically saying that CGR should've sided with Larson, lost their sponsors, failed to compete and been happy about it.

Is that about right?

I'm saying that pandering to the snowflake crowd is destroying the lives of people for no reason.

That you like seeing people's lives ruined for no reason, makes you the bad guy.

Show me one place where I've said I'm happy his life is ruined and I'll buy you a fucking house.

I'm neither sad nor happy with regards to Larson. I am, however perfectly okay with a business owner making a business decision for his business as opposed to leaving it up to faceless no-names on the internet...

Your happiness with this is evident by the way you refuse to even consider criticizing the employer.

Criticize the employer for what??

The employer didn't do anything wrong...

Sure they did. THey fired someone for no reason.

I have had it with the ridiculous "Racist" double standard that is gripping this country. IMO there is no reason that Kyle Larson should have had his career destroyed because he muttered the N word at nobody playing a video game. Have we gone insane? How many stupid Racist attacks on White people has Al Sharpton made in the last 50 years? Not only was he not fired he has been rewarded with multi-millions for his inflammatory hateful Racist rhetoric.

If you are going to apply such a high PC bar for Kyle Larson, then apply it to everyone. The better alternative is to not be so reactive to simple statements and to forgive indiscretions. It is almost as if we are living in a police state ruled by politically correct tyrants. IMO this is not America. Kyle Larson should be reinstated.

He does not. Your support of throwing people to the wolves for no reason, makes you the bad guy.

Excellent strawman. I can see you are proud of it. I respectfully decline your invitation to join you in playing with your creation.

There's no intent of a strawman. I'm honestly trying to figure out where you're coming from.

If I have someone working for me who conducts himself in a manner which I think could negatively impact my business, I'll shit-can him.

What's wrong with that?

What's wrong with ruining a man's life for no reason? It's morally wrong to hurt someone for no reason.

His choice of words could've had a negative impact on CGR.

What gives Larson the right to do that?

A small mistake. And you want to destroy him.

I don't wanna' do anything. I have no dog in this hunt.

If CGR had decided that they would simply admonish Larson not to do it again, I would be equally okay with that course of action.

Why?

Because it's not my business, and I'm impacted by that business not even a little bit. Whatever course of action CGR decided to take is fine with me because, at the end of the day, they're the ones who have to deal with it.

Again, had they decided to keep him on, I would not be uttering a negative word about that decision...

Bullshit. You support the witch hunt against imagined "racism" and the power it gives your side to destroy people.

Excellent strawman. I can see you are proud of it. I respectfully decline your invitation to join you in playing with your creation.

There's no intent of a strawman. I'm honestly trying to figure out where you're coming from.

If I have someone working for me who conducts himself in a manner which I think could negatively impact my business, I'll shit-can him.

What's wrong with that?

What's wrong with ruining a man's life for no reason? It's morally wrong to hurt someone for no reason.

If CGR had decided that they would simply admonish Larson not to do it again, I would be equally okay with that course of action.

Why?

Because it's not my business, and I'm impacted by that business not even a little bit. Whatever course of action CGR decided to take is fine with me because, at the end of the day, they're the ones who have to deal with it.

Again, had they decided to keep him on, I would not be uttering a negative word about that decision...
It is your business and it is my business. It's every American's business because the PC elites have created this ridiculous and dangerous social justice system to dole out life changing punishment for nothing. I agree with you that CGR was in a tough position given the circumstances we are in today. I am saying they and Kyle Larson nor anyone else should be in that position because of a random word uttered during a silly video game.

A completely reasonable position. ONe which the lib will not be able to respond to honestly.

What's wrong with that?

Why?

Bullshit. You support the witch hunt against imagined "racism" and the power it gives your side to destroy people.
A white guy says a racial slur, and his career is destroyed. A black guy says a racial slur, and he sells more albums. I think we can see where the racial injustice is here...

What's wrong with that?

Why?

A white guy says a racial slur, and his career is destroyed. A black guy says a racial slur, and he sells more albums. I think we can see where the racial injustice is here...

This teaches whites to be afraid, and teaches blacks and lib assholes, to be snitches. It is divisive.

Shit like this, is tearing this country apart.

Even here we are censored.... Try typing the n word and see what happens ****** you will only see stars.

Apparently from this thread I suggest Larson run for a fucking Republican elected office. Seems tolerating racists is endemic in its ranks. Dude forgets where he is and shows his real colors - racist asshole, and this board plays him off as ... the VICTIM. Victimized righties. It’s almost one word now victimizedrighties.

He said a word and lost his job, to satisfy a mob of assholes. He is the victim.

I have no idea of his politics, btw.

THAT word hurts black people feelings
OK I get that. I lived through some of that history and it's a word I never say, not even with the 'A' at the end. But do you think it's right for a man to lose his career and reputation over it?
What I'm having a hard time with is everyone who is acting as if something horrible has been done to Kyle when it was he himself who committed the act that resulted in the backlash of his sponsors dropping him.

I find it very difficult to believe that anyone in this day and age is unaware that being a racist - overt or covert, or using racial slurs is unacceptable in polite society. It hasn't always been so, but the fact that being a racist can have negative consequences is progress , in my opinion.

I wouldn't be suprised to discoverer that his contracts with his sponsors includes language that indicates he cannot engage in certain types of behaviors including those which put his sponsor's reputations at risk or that are a violation of any number laws, and that doing so essentially renders the contract null and void or at least gives his sponsors an out.
Items not so much what Kyle did as much as it is about the punishment Kyle is receiving because of his race. If whites are the only ones who get their careers destroyed because they uttered a racial slur, then they become the victims. If a black gets a career BOOST because he uttered a racial slur, while a white guy's career is destroyed for doing the same thing, the white guy is the ultimate victim.

Even here we are censored.... Try typing the n word and see what happens ****** you will only see stars.
The USMB censorship feature is racist if it does not leave those asterisks for "honkey" or "honky". Its fine to say racist things about one race, but not fine to say something about another.

The USMB censorship feature is racist if it does not leave those asterisks for "honkey" or "honky". Its fine to say racist things about one race, but not fine to say something about another.

And in doing it reflects the reality of society.

Forum List

Back