So Kyle Larson has been fired for using the N word

I have had it with the ridiculous "Racist" double standard that is gripping this country. IMO there is no reason that Kyle Larson should have had his career destroyed because he muttered the N word at nobody playing a video game. Have we gone insane? How many stupid Racist attacks on White people has Al Sharpton made in the last 50 years? Not only was he not fired he has been rewarded with multi-millions for his inflammatory hateful Racist rhetoric.

If you are going to apply such a high PC bar for Kyle Larson, then apply it to everyone. The better alternative is to not be so reactive to simple statements and to forgive indiscretions. It is almost as if we are living in a police state ruled by politically correct tyrants. IMO this is not America. Kyle Larson should be reinstated.
He deserves what he gets.

He does not. Your support of throwing people to the wolves for no reason, makes you the bad guy.

So, you're saying he should be immune from the ramifications of his actions?
I'm saying no one should lose their career over saying a random slur, be it the N word, ****, Chink, Cracker whatever. We have gone way too far in Political Correctness and are way too sensitive about words.

Well, the guy who signs the checks over at Chip Ganassi Racing apparently has a different opinion than you and, seeing as he was signing Larson's checks, his opinion is the one which matters...

Your inability to defend, the action you obvious support, is clear to everyone.

Why do you share with us, the real reason you support this?

I support an employer being permitted to run his business how he sees fit. For the life of me I don't understand why you wouldn't support that...

Nice buzz words.

Your inability to refute my arguments are noted...

1. No society, hell, no group of humans have ever operated that way. ALL humans judge the behavior of other humans. YOu are denying this obvious truth, because you know that behavior is indefensible, and yet, you like it.

2. They fired him for no reason.

3. They should have said, that was rude, and yet, not important. If he makes a habit of it, come ask us again.

You've apparently never run a business.

Do you always give someone a second chance when they fuck up?

Like it or not, our business climate today is one which has little patience for someone who'll say such things, and which has even less patience for a business which would employ such a person. That's not my opinion, that's reality, man.

Maybe you woud've kept him on if he worked for you, and that would be your prerogative. But it was the prerogative of CGR to let him go...

You keep going back to that same strawman, that they had the right to fire him.

Every time you do that, you are admitting that you know your defense of their throwing him to the wolves, for no reason, is not working.

For no reason? You think losing millions in sponsorship is 'no reason'? Keeping the sponsors happy is a huge part of the job. Ridiculous.

I think your excuses for destroying a man's life, look weaker and weaker as you keep using more like buzz words rather than actual arguments.

Sponsors bailed. Without sponsors, a team can't compete.

You're basically saying that CGR should've sided with Larson, lost their sponsors, failed to compete and been happy about it.

Is that about right?

I'm saying that pandering to the snowflake crowd is destroying the lives of people for no reason.

That you like seeing people's lives ruined for no reason, makes you the bad guy.

Show me one place where I've said I'm happy his life is ruined and I'll buy you a fucking house.

I'm neither sad nor happy with regards to Larson. I am, however perfectly okay with a business owner making a business decision for his business as opposed to leaving it up to faceless no-names on the internet...

Your happiness with this is evident by the way you refuse to even consider criticizing the employer.

Criticize the employer for what??

The employer didn't do anything wrong...

I have had it with the ridiculous "Racist" double standard that is gripping this country. IMO there is no reason that Kyle Larson should have had his career destroyed because he muttered the N word at nobody playing a video game. Have we gone insane? How many stupid Racist attacks on White people has Al Sharpton made in the last 50 years? Not only was he not fired he has been rewarded with multi-millions for his inflammatory hateful Racist rhetoric.

If you are going to apply such a high PC bar for Kyle Larson, then apply it to everyone. The better alternative is to not be so reactive to simple statements and to forgive indiscretions. It is almost as if we are living in a police state ruled by politically correct tyrants. IMO this is not America. Kyle Larson should be reinstated.

He does not. Your support of throwing people to the wolves for no reason, makes you the bad guy.

Excellent strawman. I can see you are proud of it. I respectfully decline your invitation to join you in playing with your creation.

There's no intent of a strawman. I'm honestly trying to figure out where you're coming from.

If I have someone working for me who conducts himself in a manner which I think could negatively impact my business, I'll shit-can him.

What's wrong with that?

What's wrong with ruining a man's life for no reason? It's morally wrong to hurt someone for no reason.

His choice of words could've had a negative impact on CGR.

What gives Larson the right to do that?

A small mistake. And you want to destroy him.

I don't wanna' do anything. I have no dog in this hunt.

If CGR had decided that they would simply admonish Larson not to do it again, I would be equally okay with that course of action.

Why?

Because it's not my business, and I'm impacted by that business not even a little bit. Whatever course of action CGR decided to take is fine with me because, at the end of the day, they're the ones who have to deal with it.

Again, had they decided to keep him on, I would not be uttering a negative word about that decision...

Excellent strawman. I can see you are proud of it. I respectfully decline your invitation to join you in playing with your creation.

There's no intent of a strawman. I'm honestly trying to figure out where you're coming from.

If I have someone working for me who conducts himself in a manner which I think could negatively impact my business, I'll shit-can him.

What's wrong with that?

What's wrong with ruining a man's life for no reason? It's morally wrong to hurt someone for no reason.

His choice of words could've had a negative impact on CGR.

What gives Larson the right to do that?

A small mistake. And you want to destroy him.

I don't wanna' do anything. I have no dog in this hunt.

If CGR had decided that they would simply admonish Larson not to do it again, I would be equally okay with that course of action.

Why?

Because it's not my business, and I'm impacted by that business not even a little bit. Whatever course of action CGR decided to take is fine with me because, at the end of the day, they're the ones who have to deal with it.

Again, had they decided to keep him on, I would not be uttering a negative word about that decision...
It is your business and it is my business. It's every American's business because the PC elites have created this ridiculous and dangerous social justice system to dole out life changing punishment for nothing. I agree with you that CGR was in a tough position given the circumstances we are in today. I am saying they and Kyle Larson nor anyone else should be in that position because of a random word uttered during a silly video game.

Nobody's fault but his.

Get over it.

It is your business and it is my business.

No, it's really not.

The only people who get a vote are those at CGR. Period.

Now, you may have opted to handle it another way, but the fact of the matter is that how you, or I, or anyone else might've handled it is meaningless. If you don't like how GCR handled this, don't support them. Don't watch races they're in. Don't buy products from their sponsors. Take a stand.

But don't fool yourself into believing that they're really going to care...

It's every American's business because the PC elites have created this ridiculous and dangerous social justice system to dole out life changing punishment for nothing.

CGR didn't create anything, but the powers that be there do have a responsibility to operate their business in a profitable manner within the constricts of this "social justice system"...

I agree with you that CGR was in a tough position given the circumstances we are in today. I am saying they and Kyle Larson nor anyone else should be in that position because of a random word uttered during a silly video game.

You're agreeing with who? Me?

I don't think so. I've never said that CGR was in a tough position.

Not once...

He can apologize and race again, eventually. But not before.

He has apologized, and I believe his apology is 100% sincere.

But he still has to take his lumps, and if those lumps mean he doesn't race for a while, so be it. He also has to attend sensitivity training before NASCAR ever lets him back on a track...

We live in a dystopia. A man's life ruined for uttering a word. LOL!

A stupid fucking word...life ruined.

Think about that? Think about the mentality that sits back and says

"ok...that's fair...that's just...that's deserved"

"Yeap...he said the word which shall never be said...he said...the N WOOOORD"

A nation full of fucking illogical, brain dead, unthinking, fucking sheep.

He has apologized, and I believe his apology is 100% sincere.

But he still has to take his lumps, and if those lumps mean he doesn't race for a while, so be it. He also has to attend sensitivity training before NASCAR ever lets him back on a track...
Take his lumps for what? Muttering N**R while he was playing a video game? Sensitivity training for what? This is what I'm talking about exactly. 50 or 60 years ago there was terrible discrimination against Black people. I was a kid in Alabama during the 60s I saw it. But now the pendulum has swung so far in the other direction, we have a 24/7 Racist police force watching for someone to let the wrong word slip and BAM! You are toast. That is not America. That is what I am saying.

THAT word hurts black people feelings
OK I get that. I lived through some of that history and it's a word I never say, not even with the 'A' at the end. But do you think it's right for a man to lose his career and reputation over it?

Great post, thanks.

You know I seen you act dumb before but now Im convinced, you wasnt acting

Wait a second, fbj. YOU post "I "seen" you act dumb....." and "you "wasnt" acting". And HE'S the dumb one? You obviously slept through grammar lessons in school.

Wait a second, fbj. YOU post "I "seen" you act dumb....." and "you "wasnt" acting". And HE'S the dumb one? You obviously slept through grammar lessons in school.

Only faggots care about grammar. Good night

Only faggots care about grammar. Good night

And YOUR grammar is hideous. You need to work on that if you want to get the babes. Just some kindly advice......

Forum List

Back