so let me get this straight about Syria

Plasmaball

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2010
You are using violations of international law. you are using the money factor. You are using the we don't belong there factor. You are using the leave them alone and let them sort things out opinion.

You are using these things and yet somehow people are supposed to believe you based on the history of the right? Really are you people joking or something? Are you really that blind and partisan to think people wouldnt just go back and look at your opinions in the past years?

This isnt because a black man is in office. So lets get that out of the way. This is purely ( for most) a partisan issue. Watching people flip a 180 on this issue that is exactly like Iraq ( all for the actual use of chemical weapons, ( which as of right now we dont know who used them. Feel free to provide evidence of who did it))

We had Zero business in Iraq and we have zero business in Syria.

Sadly had Romney won and he pushed for his war with Iran, most of you people would have supported his invasion of Iran like good cattle.

I guess thats the saddest thing about partisans these days. you are not out to do the correct thing for people. You are out to win and crush your " enemies". Sadly the nation comes 2nd if not lower...

shame.

You are using violations of international law.

No.

You are using the money factor.

Yeah, we don't need to waste the money.

You are using the leave them alone and let them sort things out opinion.

Yes.

You are using these things and yet somehow people are supposed to believe you based on the history of the right? Really are you people joking or something? Are you really that blind and partisan to think people wouldnt just go back and look at your opinions in the past years?

If you actually look at the past instead of believing your own rhetoric and strawman arguments, you'd know that many of us are consistant in our opposition and the things we are saying now.

This isnt because a black man is in office. So lets get that out of the way. This is purely ( for most) a partisan issue. Watching people flip a 180 on this issue that is exactly like Iraq ( all for the actual use of chemical weapons, ( which as of right now we dont know who used them. Feel free to provide evidence of who did it))

I'm sure many on both sides are purely partisan on the subject of Syria.

Agreed.

Sadly had Romney won and he pushed for his war with Iran, most of you people would have supported his invasion of Iran like good cattle.

Highly unlikely, Romney wasn't popular with conservatives, just more popular than obama. And Iran is different than Syria. A LOT different.

I guess thats the saddest thing about partisans these days. you are not out to do the correct thing for people. You are out to win and crush your " enemies". Sadly the nation comes 2nd if not lower...

I can agree with that. look at the number of lefties here who support obama's desire to attack and kill in Syria.

You are using violations of international law. you are using the money factor. You are using the we don't belong there factor. You are using the leave them alone and let them sort things out opinion.

shame.

Hypocrisy comes to mind. Talk about selective outrage. The right supported Bush alright and the left whined bitched and moaned about no need for war. Now suddenly with even less of a reason the left supports war and you complain about the right. Yup Hypocrisy comes to mind.

shame.

Can oyu show me where I ever adovcating for the Neo-Con scum or the Progressive Thugs declaring global corporatist wars?

There are A LOT of Libertarians on this message board.

However, I admit, there are many blind Repugnantcans that do the partisan flip, simply because it's the Democrats.

But, furthermore, you're an equally blind and partisan Progressive, as none of your posts have ever suggested anything to the contrary. Throwing stones in a glass house.

So....In a nut shell;

Congress is being instructed that, Assad having crossed a red line that the executive branch didn’t set, it must accord the executive branch the permission that it doesn’t need to start a war that isn’t a war.

There, hope that clears up everything. It is rather straight forward.

Romney didn't win and there is no basis for the suggestion he would have pushed for war with Iran or anyone else.

This is all obama.

President Cracka is going to topple Assad and all of those WMD....will fall right into the lap of our enemies...yup this is the smartest President EVER.

The old....."Republicans are against it because Obama is for it" argument.

It applies equally to the Democrats (like Pelosi and Reid) who are for it just because it is Obama's mess.

Most Americans, Democrat and Republican...and those who are sick of both Democrats and Republicans...are looking beyond that and are looking at this Syrian matter for what it is...an ill-conceived adventure that carries all the risks of a war in the Middle East with no benefits whatsoever. A shot across the bough for the dictator that doesn't kill him will make him stronger. The Iranians will not be impressed, instead they will laugh.

Try to look at the issue as an American instead of a partisan hack in the tank for Obama.

SJz9UAu.png

shame.

Most GOPers would gladly bomb Iran righ now, and everyone knows it. It's one reason why Romney lost. Conservatives just don't get it.

shame.

Hypocrisy comes to mind. Talk about selective outrage. The right supported Bush alright and the left whined bitched and moaned about no need for war. Now suddenly with even less of a reason the left supports war and you complain about the right. Yup Hypocrisy comes to mind.

well had i made this thread about the left you might have a point. I made this about the right, so please do keep up.

Syria is not the problem.
The problem is China and Russia selling these fucked up countries advanced weaponry.
That's the problem.
But we won't talk about that will we? Nooo, because we want to do business with China. We don't want computers to cost $100 more, we don't want iPhones to cost $50 more...we loooove the $400 32" TV's...what would we do without cheap electronics?
We all have a play in this.

shame.

Can oyu show me where I ever adovcating for the Neo-Con scum or the Progressive Thugs declaring global corporatist wars?

However, I admit, there are many blind Repugnantcans that do the partisan flip, simply because it's the Democrats.

But, furthermore, you're an equally blind and partisan Progressive, as none of your posts have ever suggested anything to the contrary. Throwing stones in a glass house.

i am against Iraq, Syria, Libya, Invading Iran, pulling troops home and not being the world police. I have been for this since around 2002.

My stance has been solid.

Remember when the Russians moved a Naval strike force to oppose us in the Persian Gulf with Booooooooooooooooooosh?

Romney didn't win and there is no basis for the suggestion he would have pushed for war with Iran or anyone else.

This is all obama.

Romney, Gingrich at GOP debate: We'd go to war to keep Iran from getting nuclear weapons - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

PARTANBURG, S.C. -- Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich said at the Republican presidential debate here Saturday night that they would be willing to go to war to keep Iran from attaining nuclear weapons if all other strategies failed.

Romney said that if "crippling sanctions" and other strategies fail, military action would be on the table because it is "unacceptable" for Iran to become a nuclear power.

Yes no basis at all besides him stating he would. go troll someplace else.

Syria is not the problem.
The problem is China and Russia selling these fucked up countries advanced weaponry.
That's the problem.
But we won't talk about that will we? Nooo, because we want to do business with China. We don't want computers to cost $100 more, we don't want iPhones to cost $50 more...we loooove the $400 32" TV's...what would we do without cheap electronics?
We all have a play in this.

:eusa_eh:

Do you have a Russian TV?

shame.

i am against Iraq, Syria, Libya, Invading Iran, pulling troops home and not being the world police. I have been for this since around 2002.

My stance has been solid.

So the Original Post was to blame Republicans for agreeing with you?

Forum List

Back