🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

So, Paul Ryan wants to "privatize" Medicare and S.S. and V.A.?

What Medicare Advantage plan do you have and how much is it? Why is Medicare sending them 800 a month??

I have Optimum Health plan out of Tampa FL.
Here is a directory freely available from Medicare of ALL the MA plans.
CMS1211780 - Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Down load and you can for yourself.

Now to answer your really DUMB question? Why is Medicare sending them $800/month???
GEEZ! My MA plan signed a contract after Medicare investigated their proposal that my MA plan could pay ALL my health claims now and in the future
with $800/month payment from Medicare. That's it!
Now Medicare doesn't have to worry about processing claims. Fraud. They simply write a check for $800/month and my MA administers my Medicare needs.
That's it!
Now if you look at the above directory you will see there are 49,637 other plan members like me.
In total there are 19,631,352+ members in all the nearly 674 plans.
So there are your facts! Deal with them!!!

So what do you pay?
$800 per month taken from his SS.

So we all pay taxes, and the sweet government pays the private insurance companies. We need universal coverage and the health insurance companies can quit being the middle man. What a nightmare.

While the new Medicare beneficiary realizes a savings, the cost of the insurance doesn’t go away. Medicare funds a large portion of the insurance cost when they select a Medicare Advantage Plan or a stand alone PDP. There are costs associated with just Original Medicare but my interest was trying to find a hard dollar figures for the MA-PD and PDP plans.
Read more at How much does the Federal government pay Medicare Advantage and Part D Prescription Drug Plans?

Second: How does the Federal government pay private insurance companies for individuals enrolled in a MA-PD or PDP?

Medicare pays the Medicare Advantage Plan or Part D plan for each beneficiary who enrolls a monthly amount based on a complicated formula. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services takes vast amounts actuarial data, enrollment, local cost numbers and crunches it in a formula to create capitation rates or the average amounts they reimburse plans by county.

Medicare Advantage Monthly Capitation Rates for 2012 for All Plans except PACE Plans [download id=”20″] showed Medicare Advantage Plans were paid $838 per month in Sacramento and $850 in Placer counties for plans with 4.0 STAR rating. In an effort to reward customer satisfaction and efficiency, reimbursement rates are also adjusted based upon the plan’s STAR rating. There are also other plans and special circumstances that would have CMS paying more per month on behalf of the beneficiary.

Read more at How much does the Federal government pay Medicare Advantage and Part D Prescription Drug Plans?

How much does the Federal government pay Medicare Advantage and Part D Prescription Drug Plans?

By the way... are you grossly unaware as MOST Americans are that their employer matches what is deducted for SS/Medicare from the employee's paycheck?
See most people don't seem to comprehend that their EMPLOYER matches dollar for dollar!
Yet these same ignorant people decry their employers' making any profits! These same ignorant people hate capitalism,i.e.. this single payer bullshit!
Finally you and obviously millions of others that the Obamacare architect called "the stupidity of the American voter" gave us Obamacare were so grossly uninformed
as to the gigantic lie there were as Obama said "46 million uninsured Americans"!
That was a total gross lie!
And here is why:
View attachment 121216

Hate Obamacare all you want but a good percentage of your coverage in a MAPD can be contributed to Obamacare.

The ignorance of people like you is astounding given the access to all the information you need.
As a Medicare ADVANTAGE plan (concept alien to you I'm sure!!!) I'm getting the best care Medicare offers and in the process my Medicare Advantage plan MAKES a profit!
Each month under contract with Medicare my MA get's a check for $800.00 from Medicare on my behalf. Out of which I receive so many more benefits then Medicare could offer.
A) Instead of paying out of SS check the $121.80 Part B premium that many of you suckers pay... MY MA pays it!
B) My MA calls me periodically to make sure I'm seeing my doctor.
C) MY MA pays ALL my prescription drugs.
D) MY MA also provides me with up to $50 per month in over the counter products I get from their web site.
E) There are NO physician co-pays.
F) I was in hospital for 3 days ...bill over $30,000 I paid $200.

Oh and did I say my MA makes a profit? Out of which THEY pay taxes!
All courtesy of those evil capitalist privatizing money hungry business.

Also did you know if THEY didn't make a profit.... guess what the states wouldn't let them sell in their states. WHY you dummies ask is that so important???

I'm going to shout! CLAIM RESERVES COME FROM PROFITS. CLAIM RESERVES PAY FUTURE CLAIMS!

Something non-privatized entities like Medicare don't have to be concerned about!

But don't believe me. My case is anecdotal... except my fellow 15 million MA members wouldn't be here if what I was saying wasn't true!

What Medicare Advantage plan do you have and how much is it? Why is Medicare sending them 800 a month??

Now to answer your really DUMB question? Why is Medicare sending them $800/month???
GEEZ! My MA plan signed a contract after Medicare investigated their proposal that my MA plan could pay ALL my health claims now and in the future
Now Medicare doesn't have to worry about processing claims. Fraud. They simply write a check for $800/month and my MA administers my Medicare needs.
That's it!
Now if you look at the above directory you will see there are 49,637 other plan members like me.

So what do you pay?

ZERO! Nada! ZILCH!
My Medicare advantage plan ALSO pays my Part B premium of $121 /month that most of you on SS that have Medicare get's deducted from your SS check.
I DON"T! My MA plan pays the $121.00/month. Do you understand?
This is one of many Medicare Advantage plan ADVANTAGES that my MA one of 674 plans has. It's called "competition"! My plan decides they can compete on
prices! I pay NOTHING for my drugs, my co-pays,etc... plus I get $50/month in OTC. Again just using the internet !

That is your plan in Fl. We do not have that kind of plan in MI. MA in MI one needs to pay their Part B premium, and also has OOP and copays. We have several here and even the hosp HMO's here one needs to pay the Part B premium.

Competition is good, till there is no competition anymore and that is what its becoming. Every big fish is eating the small fry.

With healthcare we can't depend on the goodness of insurance companies.

Most MAPD will not reimburse your Part B premium. The one that guy is on is a smaller provider down in central Florida.

That's it!

So what do you pay?

So we all pay taxes, and the sweet government pays the private insurance companies. We need universal coverage and the health insurance companies can quit being the middle man. What a nightmare.

While the new Medicare beneficiary realizes a savings, the cost of the insurance doesn’t go away. Medicare funds a large portion of the insurance cost when they select a Medicare Advantage Plan or a stand alone PDP. There are costs associated with just Original Medicare but my interest was trying to find a hard dollar figures for the MA-PD and PDP plans.

Second: How does the Federal government pay private insurance companies for individuals enrolled in a MA-PD or PDP?

Medicare pays the Medicare Advantage Plan or Part D plan for each beneficiary who enrolls a monthly amount based on a complicated formula. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services takes vast amounts actuarial data, enrollment, local cost numbers and crunches it in a formula to create capitation rates or the average amounts they reimburse plans by county.

Medicare Advantage Monthly Capitation Rates for 2012 for All Plans except PACE Plans [download id=”20″] showed Medicare Advantage Plans were paid $838 per month in Sacramento and $850 in Placer counties for plans with 4.0 STAR rating. In an effort to reward customer satisfaction and efficiency, reimbursement rates are also adjusted based upon the plan’s STAR rating. There are also other plans and special circumstances that would have CMS paying more per month on behalf of the beneficiary.

How much does the Federal government pay Medicare Advantage and Part D Prescription Drug Plans?

By the way... are you grossly unaware as MOST Americans are that their employer matches what is deducted for SS/Medicare from the employee's paycheck?
See most people don't seem to comprehend that their EMPLOYER matches dollar for dollar!
Yet these same ignorant people decry their employers' making any profits! These same ignorant people hate capitalism,i.e.. this single payer bullshit!
Finally you and obviously millions of others that the Obamacare architect called "the stupidity of the American voter" gave us Obamacare were so grossly uninformed
as to the gigantic lie there were as Obama said "46 million uninsured Americans"!
And here is why:
View attachment 121216

Actually I am fully aware of it since my husband is self employed and we pay 15.3% of which 1/2 get wrote off for the AGI . Well the gov. under Trump has relaxed employer mandated plans and soon to be a thing of the past. I have a huge issue with health insurance companies making millions and committing fraud at the same time.

If the Paul Ryans of the world do not want to pay their SS and Medicare tax, tooooooo bad. I could careless. We need to get rid of the middle man aka insurance companies.

That's it!

So what do you pay?

ZERO! Nada! ZILCH!
My Medicare advantage plan ALSO pays my Part B premium of $121 /month that most of you on SS that have Medicare get's deducted from your SS check.
This is one of many Medicare Advantage plan ADVANTAGES that my MA one of 674 plans has. It's called "competition"! My plan decides they can compete on
prices! I pay NOTHING for my drugs, my co-pays,etc... plus I get $50/month in OTC. Again just using the internet !

That is your plan in Fl. We do not have that kind of plan in MI. MA in MI one needs to pay their Part B premium, and also has OOP and copays. We have several here and even the hosp HMO's here one needs to pay the Part B premium.

Competition is good, till there is no competition anymore and that is what its becoming. Every big fish is eating the small fry.

You are right. That's an advantage in living in a state with NO INCOME TAX as is in FL!
That and the population is older if FL.
Now remember though all these plans are regulated by states. As a result an advantage of selling insurance across state lines is what is needed to increase
competition in MI and hence open up plans. For example. It is also actuarially valid from MI point of view more healthy retired people in MI hence there would be
then not just 49,000 in my plan but say 100,000 if with you! But right now that's not possible..again unless we are able to buy MA plans across state lines.
So it's not greedy evil capitalists preventing this... it is regulations!

MAPD plans are regulated by CMS.

Most MAPD will not reimburse your Part B premium. The one that guy is on is a smaller provider down in central Florida

Yes you are right. Its a way to get people to sign up. They probably get reimbursed that from the state or Fed government.

if the government is doing such a great job with medical programs why is Obummercare failing and why is Medicare going broke? and Medicaid is pretty much a joke...

You really should stop parroting Hannity. Its a bit embarrassing, don't you think? LOL

did he say that? guess he and i think alike....

what's really embarrassing for you is you cannot face the truth.....

There was a huge surplus in SS and Medicare when Bill Clinton left office, Bush borrowed from the funds to finance his war. Medicare works fine and always has.

NO THERE NEVER WAS a huge surplus DUMMY!!!!!
How is it people like you are so f....king Dumb?
FACTS FACTS FACTS~
Prove to me your dumb ass comment!

The ignorance of people like you is astounding given the access to all the information you need.
As a Medicare ADVANTAGE plan (concept alien to you I'm sure!!!) I'm getting the best care Medicare offers and in the process my Medicare Advantage plan MAKES a profit!
Each month under contract with Medicare my MA get's a check for $800.00 from Medicare on my behalf. Out of which I receive so many more benefits then Medicare could offer.
A) Instead of paying out of SS check the $121.80 Part B premium that many of you suckers pay... MY MA pays it!
D) MY MA also provides me with up to $50 per month in over the counter products I get from their web site.

Also did you know if THEY didn't make a profit.... guess what the states wouldn't let them sell in their states. WHY you dummies ask is that so important???

I'm going to shout! CLAIM RESERVES COME FROM PROFITS. CLAIM RESERVES PAY FUTURE CLAIMS!

Something non-privatized entities like Medicare don't have to be concerned about!

But don't believe me. My case is anecdotal... except my fellow 15 million MA members wouldn't be here if what I was saying wasn't true!

That's it!

So what do you pay?

It piped my curiosity, so I checked and yes the MA receive money from Medicare for each person it signs up. How is this any different than Medicaid, or the subsidizes for the ACA?

Instead of Medicare paying your claims the Insurer pays the claims and has replaced Medicare, but you're still in the Medicare program and thus have to pay Part B premium. Only certain circumstances will Part B come into play on a MAPD.

And here is why:
View attachment 121216[/QUOTE]

Hate Obamacare all you want but a good percentage of your coverage in a MAPD can be contributed to Obamacare.[/QUOTE]

That's it!

So what do you pay?

ZERO! Nada! ZILCH!

Most MAPD will not reimburse your Part B premium. The one that guy is on is a smaller provider down in central Florida.

Yes you are right. Its a way to get people to sign up. They probably get reimbursed that from the state or Fed government.[/QUOTE]

NO YOU ARE WRONG! Medicare Advantage plans were done in 2003 by the Medicare Modernization ACT!
OBAMACARE has NOTHING to do with MAs! NOTHING!! GEEZ how come people like you are so absolutely f...king ass DUMB!

That's it!

So what do you pay?

It piped my curiosity, so I checked and yes the MA receive money from Medicare for each person it signs up. How is this any different than Medicaid, or the subsidizes for the ACA?

Instead of Medicare paying your claims the Insurer pays the claims and has replaced Medicare, but you're still in the Medicare program and thus have to pay Part B premium. Only certain circumstances will Part B come into play on a MAPD.

I don't pay the Part B as my Medicare Advantage plan does!
Wrong!

if the government is doing such a great job with medical programs why is Obummercare failing and why is Medicare going broke? and Medicaid is pretty much a joke...

You really should stop parroting Hannity. Its a bit embarrassing, don't you think? LOL

did he say that? guess he and i think alike....

what's really embarrassing for you is you cannot face the truth.....

There was a huge surplus in SS and Medicare when Bill Clinton left office, Bush borrowed from the funds to finance his war. Medicare works fine and always has.

NO THERE NEVER WAS a huge surplus DUMMY!!!!!
How is it people like you are so f....king Dumb?
FACTS FACTS FACTS~
Prove to me your dumb ass comment!

Who are you calling dumb ass you want a be health insurance expert. Go fuck yourself punk.

That's it!

So what do you pay?

Wrong!

Can you fucking read? I said the plan sponsor (you know what that is) pays Part B premium and I will explain further for your numb skull, not all pay it. Only a very few across the nation.

And here is why:
View attachment 121216

Hate Obamacare all you want but a good percentage of your coverage in a MAPD can be contributed to Obamacare.[/QUOTE]

That's it!

So what do you pay?

ZERO! Nada! ZILCH!

Yes you are right. Its a way to get people to sign up. They probably get reimbursed that from the state or Fed government.[/QUOTE]

NO YOU ARE WRONG! Medicare Advantage plans were done in 2003 by the Medicare Modernization ACT!
OBAMACARE has NOTHING to do with MAs! NOTHING!! GEEZ how come people like you are so absolutely f...king ass DUMB![/QUOTE]

You are a no nothing punk. Now how is your donut hole closing?

How do you get free physicals every year? List the free stuff with (not the xtras the sponsor tacks on) that are included in Medicare and MAPD?

That's it!

So what do you pay?

NO you dummy!
Where in the hell do you come up with this stupid ass comment?
A) SS is entirely different then Medicare! Don't you know that?
B) The $800/month is a contract between my MA and Medicare. I have nothing to do with it.

GEEZ truly sad how dumb some people are!
Your Medicare fee is deducted from your SS benefit every month even when you choose Medicare Advantage, so they are interconnected even if you don't know it.

Screwed up Ayn Rand followers must have never read a book on history. For example, as the thread's title states, Ryan wants to privatize all those "evil" government programs, to let the "free market" take care of us all since the free market is so damn altruistic, right?

Why not take a look at what happened in Russia once all that country's government assets were turned over to a handful of entrepreneurs. Prior to Putin's Mafia, the average Russian boasted an income of about $16,000 per year......now, that income is less than $9,000.

The above may seem like a situation much less drastic than what is happening in the U.S., but giving our government programs to private outfits will result in the same situation if fucked up Ryan-Rand has his way.

Great idea...

But it won't happen so you can calm down now, snowflake. You will be able to confiscate your child's wallet freely for now...

That's it!

So what do you pay?

Wrong!
And Medicare Advantage gets the money from your monthly SS benefit payment.

That's it!

So what do you pay?

NO you dummy!
B) The $800/month is a contract between my MA and Medicare. I have nothing to do with it.

Your Medicare fee is deducted from your SS benefit every month even when you choose Medicare Advantage, so they are interconnected even if you don't know it.

No the Fed government is reimbursing the MA company for everyone they sign up. I started a new post here:

Why Medicare Advantage costs taxpayers billions more than it should

That's it!

So what do you pay?

NO you dummy!

No the Fed government is reimbursing the MA company for everyone they sign up. I started a new post here:

I have MA here in Nj and the fee Medicare usually automatically deducts from my SS is paid to my MA provider instead, so it is actually my SS that pays for my MA.

So what do you pay?

NO you dummy!

I have MA here in Nj and the fee Medicare usually automatically deducts from my SS is paid to my MA provider instead, so it is actually my SS that pays for my MA.

So what do you pay?

NO you dummy!

Well sort of, they add $700 to $800 to what they took out.

NO you dummy!

When Bush signed the Medicare act of 2003 it was said the expansion of MAPD's would save Medicare money, instead it's cost them roughly 13% more than if all of us would have had just original Medicare. Under Obamacare the money paid from Medicare to plan sponsor's was suppose to be less but because of the up roar with certain plan sponsor's he raised it I am thinking the amount was around 4%. The higher the star rating of plan is the more they get paid.

Forum List

Back