🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

So, Paul Ryan wants to "privatize" Medicare and S.S. and V.A.?

NO you dummy!
Where in the hell do you come up with this stupid ass comment?
A) SS is entirely different then Medicare! Don't you know that?
B) The $800/month is a contract between my MA and Medicare. I have nothing to do with it.

GEEZ truly sad how dumb some people are!
Your Medicare fee is deducted from your SS benefit every month even when you choose Medicare Advantage, so they are interconnected even if you don't know it.

No the Fed government is reimbursing the MA company for everyone they sign up. I started a new post here:

Why Medicare Advantage costs taxpayers billions more than it should
I have MA here in Nj and the fee Medicare usually automatically deducts from my SS is paid to my MA provider instead, so it is actually my SS that pays for my MA.

While the new Medicare beneficiary realizes a savings, the cost of the insurance doesn’t go away. Medicare funds a large portion of the insurance cost when they select a Medicare Advantage Plan or a stand alone PDP. There are costs associated with just Original Medicare but my interest was trying to find a hard dollar figures for the MA-PD and PDP plans.
Read more at How much does the Federal government pay Medicare Advantage and Part D Prescription Drug Plans?

Second: How does the Federal government pay private insurance companies for individuals enrolled in a MA-PD or PDP?

Medicare pays the Medicare Advantage Plan or Part D plan for each beneficiary who enrolls a monthly amount based on a complicated formula. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services takes vast amounts actuarial data, enrollment, local cost numbers and crunches it in a formula to create capitation rates or the average amounts they reimburse plans by county.

Medicare Advantage Monthly Capitation Rates for 2012 for All Plans except PACE Plans [download id=”20″] showed Medicare Advantage Plans were paid $838 per month in Sacramento and $850 in Placer counties for plans with 4.0 STAR rating. In an effort to reward customer satisfaction and efficiency, reimbursement rates are also adjusted based upon the plan’s STAR rating. There are also other plans and special circumstances that would have CMS paying more per month on behalf of the beneficiary.

Read more at How much does the Federal government pay Medicare Advantage and Part D Prescription Drug Plans?

How much does the Federal government pay Medicare Advantage and Part D Prescription Drug Plans?

When Bush signed the Medicare act of 2003 it was said the expansion of MAPD's would save Medicare money, instead it's cost them roughly 13% more than if all of us would have had just original Medicare. Under Obamacare the money paid from Medicare to plan sponsor's was suppose to be less but because of the up roar with certain plan sponsor's he raised it I am thinking the amount was around 4%. The higher the star rating of plan is the more they get paid.

Yes I had no idea that MA plans got reimburse so much from the Feds. These insurance companies are subsidized from our tax money, and we even get to pay premiums so they can make millions. From what I've read a lot of the costs are fraud.

Your Medicare fee is deducted from your SS benefit every month even when you choose Medicare Advantage, so they are interconnected even if you don't know it.

No the Fed government is reimbursing the MA company for everyone they sign up. I started a new post here:

I have MA here in Nj and the fee Medicare usually automatically deducts from my SS is paid to my MA provider instead, so it is actually my SS that pays for my MA.

While the new Medicare beneficiary realizes a savings, the cost of the insurance doesn’t go away. Medicare funds a large portion of the insurance cost when they select a Medicare Advantage Plan or a stand alone PDP. There are costs associated with just Original Medicare but my interest was trying to find a hard dollar figures for the MA-PD and PDP plans.

Second: How does the Federal government pay private insurance companies for individuals enrolled in a MA-PD or PDP?

Medicare pays the Medicare Advantage Plan or Part D plan for each beneficiary who enrolls a monthly amount based on a complicated formula. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services takes vast amounts actuarial data, enrollment, local cost numbers and crunches it in a formula to create capitation rates or the average amounts they reimburse plans by county.

Medicare Advantage Monthly Capitation Rates for 2012 for All Plans except PACE Plans [download id=”20″] showed Medicare Advantage Plans were paid $838 per month in Sacramento and $850 in Placer counties for plans with 4.0 STAR rating. In an effort to reward customer satisfaction and efficiency, reimbursement rates are also adjusted based upon the plan’s STAR rating. There are also other plans and special circumstances that would have CMS paying more per month on behalf of the beneficiary.

How much does the Federal government pay Medicare Advantage and Part D Prescription Drug Plans?

When Bush signed the Medicare act of 2003 it was said the expansion of MAPD's would save Medicare money, instead it's cost them roughly 13% more than if all of us would have had just original Medicare. Under Obamacare the money paid from Medicare to plan sponsor's was suppose to be less but because of the up roar with certain plan sponsor's he raised it I am thinking the amount was around 4%. The higher the star rating of plan is the more they get paid.

Yes I had no idea that MA plans got reimburse so much from the Feds. These insurance companies are subsidized from our tax money, and we even get to pay premiums so they can make millions. From what I've read a lot of the costs are fraud.

there can't be as much fraud in MAPD's as there is in original Medicare.

Well the government is paying your claims on original Medicare = our tax money plus what we paid into Medicare.

So let's say the government sends $10200 to your insurance company a year for them to handle your health care. That's really not a lot of money considering a trip to the er can cost in my case $15000, but the rates are negotiated down. They do make money though.

That's not how single payer systems work

Yes it is. That's why socialized countries have people who come here for treatment. They HATE the kleptocratic laziness of government controlled anything....

But if you would rather be at the mercy of the 1% and massive insurance corporations

I'd rather have the right not to purchase overpriced government FORCED insurance, by you and Obama FORCED me to buy what I didn't want to. Under the old rules, I could opt out. It is called freedom, and you and your side HATE IT when it interferes with your ability to steal ever more from the taxpayer.

Only wealthy people come here. Its time to get insurance and pay your way.

You don't need insurance to pay your way.

Well the government is paying your claims on original Medicare = our tax money plus what we paid into Medicare.

So let's say the government sends $10200 to your insurance company a year for them to handle your health care. That's really not a lot of money considering a trip to the er can cost in my case $15000, but the rates are negotiated down. They do make money though.

Yes it is a lot of money. But remember Medicare is out $800/month. That's it! No fraud. No abuse of Medicare. That's the MA responsibility and if they are not smart enough to counter fraud, abuse, etc. they don't make a profit. They then can't bid.
So the worst case for Medicare is $800/month/ Medicare Advantage plan. That's it!

NO you dummy!
Where in the hell do you come up with this stupid ass comment?
A) SS is entirely different then Medicare! Don't you know that?
B) The $800/month is a contract between my MA and Medicare. I have nothing to do with it.

GEEZ truly sad how dumb some people are!

Prove it! Where is your documents? Where is the link?
Also... DON"T confuse Obamacare with Medicare! Too different programs.
And then within Medicare you have Medicare Advantage plans. But neither had ANYTHING to do with Obamacare!
Understand!

Yes it is. That's why socialized countries have people who come here for treatment. They HATE the kleptocratic laziness of government controlled anything....

But if you would rather be at the mercy of the 1% and massive insurance corporations

I'd rather have the right not to purchase overpriced government FORCED insurance, by you and Obama FORCED me to buy what I didn't want to. Under the old rules, I could opt out. It is called freedom, and you and your side HATE IT when it interferes with your ability to steal ever more from the taxpayer.

Um, yes I do.

Prove it! Where is your documents? Where is the link?
Also... DON"T confuse Obamacare with Medicare! Too different programs.
And then within Medicare you have Medicare Advantage plans. But neither had ANYTHING to do with Obamacare!
Understand!

You don't know much about health insurance or Medicare. You search it. Who'd you say you worked for? health connectivity? Is that the same scam group in Florida? Does all their sales over the phone? Might be confusing you with someone else.

Yes it is a lot of money. But remember Medicare is out $800/month. That's it! No fraud. No abuse of Medicare. That's the MA responsibility and if they are not smart enough to counter fraud, abuse, etc. they don't make a profit. They then can't bid.
So the worst case for Medicare is $800/month/ Medicare Advantage plan. That's it!

Um, yes I do.

You mean, you can't simply pay your doctor or your hospital bill right out of your checkbook ?

Who knew ?

Um, yes I do.

You mean, you can't simply pay your doctor or your hospital bill right out of your checkbook ?

Who knew ?

Nope.

Um, yes I do.

Who knew ?

Nope.

I noticed you provided no explanation as to why not.

Well, I understand....you don't have one.

Forum List

Back