So Posting Your Junk On Twitter Is A Worse Offense Than Getting Busted w/Cocaine?

OMG. The degree of rationalization and willful blindness here is just staggering!

Just - any one of you. Tell me you would be just as forgiving if there was a D after his name.
You are right. I would be just as forgiving.

If a GOP'er showed his cock on twitter, I'd demand his resignation and possible jail time.

If a GOP'er breaks the law and does drugs, I demand that he resign and take whatever consequences coming to him or her.

The degree of rationalization is NOT on the conservative side. I have yet to see any of you on the left be as consistent.

I don't forgive lawbreakers. I demand they suffer the consequences according to the law.

OMG. The degree of rationalization and willful blindness here is just staggering!

Just - any one of you. Tell me you would be just as forgiving if there was a D after his name.

If a GOP'er showed his cock on twitter, I'd demand his resignation and possible jail time.

If a GOP'er breaks the law and does drugs, I demand that he resign and take whatever consequences coming to him or her.

The degree of rationalization is NOT on the conservative side. I have yet to see any of you on the left be as consistent.

I don't forgive lawbreakers. I demand they suffer the consequences according to the law.

Lawbreakers, yeah. Showing one's junk on twitter? Not so much, although I figured his career for over the minute the story broke, and I felt (and posted exactly that) he should step down.

So no. The fact that you're tone deaf isn't actually reflective of the truth of the matter.

Lawbreakers, yeah. Showing one's junk on twitter? Not so much, although I figured his career for over the minute the story broke, and I felt (and posted exactly that) he should step down.

So no. The fact that you're tone deaf isn't actually reflective of the truth of the matter.
There is little difference in exposing yourself while in a drive through restaurant and twitter. Both are acts of sexual perversion.

I am equally critical of both sides when they break the law, and I don't make excuses for any of them. I don't think that they can continue to do their job after a slip up, and I don't think they should be representing people in our government.

If that is tone deaf, then I'd rather be that.

There is little difference in exposing yourself while in a drive through restaurant and twitter. Both are acts of sexual perversion.

I am equally critical of both sides when they break the law, and I don't make excuses for any of them. I don't think that they can continue to do their job after a slip up, and I don't think they should be representing people in our government.

If that is tone deaf, then I'd rather be that.

Nope. He was wearing his undies, therefore not comparable.

I didn't say otherwise.

What is there to acknowledge?

What is crystal clear is the SUPPORT he got from the USMB far RWers to date.

That much is clear.

Another note is that it was done relatively QUIETLY from WITHIN the party, mostly locally, w/no major condemnation from other national Republicans.

So going forward I don't want to see a single. solitary. word from any RWer when a Democrat gets into some trouble down the line.

The precedent set here is to let the party and the LOCAL constituents handle it.

Not like what happened with Anthony Weiner who the Republicans waged a MASSIVE NATIONAL resignation campaign.

Like I say, if it wasn't for double-standards, Republicans would have no standards at all.

Your opening OP claims the right went silent and you are wrong, it took time like anything would.

For the record, Weiner as disgusting as what he did was, should not have resigned, and let his voters decide. This Trey guy if guilty should have been forced out and if guilty he should do the time as indicated by law.

That said, I'm more concerned with get drug dealers off the street, than drug users. That however is another issue.

The issue with Weiner he started fabricating stories that a right wing operative was making up the whole story and it wasn't him and the lies got him in trouble, The GOP got upset because Tony was blaming the GOP. So, I see GOP outrage.
The old me would retort "you lie!" like somebody we know.

However, I'll just saw that it's convenient for you to say now that "it just needed time" when at the time everyone was silent.

Who came out in the beginning and decried Trey?

No one.

Not nationally, not here on USMB (for the most part)

Now, take it to Weiner...the Repubs IMMEDIATELY raised up against him...IMMEDIATELY.

There was no time given to Wiener BEFORE the Republicans opened up a can of public outcry whoop ass on him.

You know this.

Let's be honest! your old self is really still there, you just talk third person and pretend.

I didn't follow Trey or Weiner much, they are politicians in trouble.

I would think the Dems would rise up against Trey, as you are doing because of partisan politics. I had several friends that are Republicans and thought Weiner should stiffen up and stand erect against those asking him to resign.

I stay off the partisan news feeds such has MSNBC and FOX, I don't listen to the propaganda radio, my politics come from Mike & Mike in the Morning, Colin Cowherd, SVP and Risillo, and Dan LaBatard. They are more honest and interesting than the drills on TV?

Is that it folks?

Anthony Weiner was forced to step down.

The GOP opened a can of you-know-what and the Democrats capitulated.

The GOP has been notably silent on this Trey Radel's cocaine bust.

Marco Rubio was on camera saying no comment when asked about the situation.

Radel got a slap on the wrist, in fact, he didn't even get handcuffed.

A very liberal sentence.

Is that how it should have went down?

Obama used coke. Should he be impeached?
he should never have become president.

Ironic thread is ironic. And you liberals get upset about some guy causing a traffic jam...

As did the people who actually have the right and ability to hold him accountable for the shit he pulled.

New Jersey legislators vote to combine Christie, Bridgegate probes - NY Daily News

The state Assembly and Senate voted unanimously to merge the individual chambers' investigations into Chris Christie's Bridgegate scandal, with the resulting panel consisting of eight Democrats and four Republicans, and being advised by Chicago lawyer Reid Schar, who is best known for sending Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich to jail for corruption.

What CRIME was Clinton CONVICTED of?

What CRIME was Weiner CONVICTED of?
if I recall, Clinton was impeached, which goes on his permanent record and was disbarred. Wiener was sentenced to public humiliation.

if you look at the weiner scandalS, it was actually longer that anyone reacted the first time. when the second time came, it was just ridiculous. it was a no brainer. dems were also immediately calling for him to step down.

in this case, what was there to say immediately? all the facts weren't out and as soon as they were, they forced him out.

find something of substance to bitch about.
The FIRST time you rabid RWers IMMEDIATELY were wailing for Weiner to step down.

Stop PRETENDING!

Ironic thread is ironic. And you liberals get upset about some guy causing a traffic jam...
There's an unwritten law in politics that goes...

"Never do something corrupt that the American People can understand."

Everyone understands a traffic jam...EVERYONE.

And the bad emotions, frustrations and anger that one goes through during a traffic jam comes bubbling up to the surface every time the story is brought up.

So if Christie's JackA$$ isn't whistle clean he's going to feel the WRATH of the American People!

Woe be unto him!!

There's an unwritten law in politics that goes...

"Never do something corrupt that the American People can understand."

Everyone understands a traffic jam...EVERYONE.

And the bad emotions, frustrations and anger that one goes through during a traffic jam comes bubbling up to the surface every time the story is brought up.

So if Christie's JackA$$ isn't whistle clean he's going to feel the WRATH of the American People!

Woe be unto him!!

Now that was funny, thanks for the laugh.

if you look at the weiner scandalS, it was actually longer that anyone reacted the first time. when the second time came, it was just ridiculous. it was a no brainer. dems were also immediately calling for him to step down.

in this case, what was there to say immediately? all the facts weren't out and as soon as they were, they forced him out.

find something of substance to bitch about.
The FIRST time you rabid RWers IMMEDIATELY were wailing for Weiner to step down.

Stop PRETENDING!

i never said that and i'm not a rightwinger. stop lying.

Forum List

Back